Xanax Build for Kodi
Xanax has fast become the Kodi build of choice for those in the know. It is lightweight with over 40 addons it’s a great build to start with. In this article, we are going to show you how to install Xanax on a Fire TV Stick (Firestick), Android device, PC, Mac, Xbox, etc. Honestly, once you are in Kodi, the steps are the same regardless of the device. In this article, we will be showing you how to install Xanax build on Firestick.
What is Kodi?
Kodi has been around since 2002 and is now on Version 18 .6 of the famous software. Downloaded tens of millions of times. Kodi has been downloaded over 50 million times and for good reason. The software is feature-rich and has a wealth of media playing and storage features as well as allowing playback of multiple video formats.
The software is still relatively light and also has multiple language supports.
Kodi has attracted some widespread negative attention because it works with such a large library of third-party add-ons that allow users to stream and watch content, which is of some times of questionable origin.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 126.96.36.199 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
What is a Build?
Kodi can be a daunting piece of software to work with for the first time. As a highly versatile piece of software, it has a seemingly endless amount of functions as well as a library of thousands of add-ons.
Luckily that’s where builds come in. Builds are put together by hobbyist developers and bring together all the key elements of a great Kodi experience.
Each build will be custom designed to feature the best addons, customizable skins as well as a host of changeable features meaning that with one installation you have an experience that is ready to go.
A good build can save you hours of browsing and download. Check our list of Best Kodi Builds.
What is Xanax Build?
The Xanax Build comes from the makers of the popular, retired Durex Build, with reduced file size and increased usability.
- Over 40 addons
- ~300MB in size
- Similar to Durex
- Wide range of skins
- Easy to navigate menu
- Real Debrid compatible
- Created by established developers
- Kids TV
- Adults section
46 addons included in this build including:
- Exodus Redux
- Monster Munch
- Supremacy Sports
- Just Sports
- Gen X
- M-TV Guide
- MetalliQ 4Qed
- StarTec AIO
- Rising Tide
- Maverick TV
- The Magic Dragon
2 Ways To Install Xanax
Use the following steps to get Xanax up and running on Kodi. Bear in mind that if you don’t have a working VPN when installing and running Xanax that some or all parts of it may not work
- Open up Kodi
- Click on settings
- Click System
- Turn on Unknown sources
- Go back to the previous screen and click File Manager
- Click add source
- Click “Add None”
- In the “Enter the paths or browse for the media locations” URL bar type in the following URL exactly: http://xanaxrepo.com/repo/ (If the link doesn’t work, Xanax is also in the Slamious repo and wizard)
- Name the source Xanax
- Go back to the Addons menu
- Click the box icon that appears above the video addons selection on the menu
- Install from Zip file
- Click the Xanax file and then install from repository
- Click Build Menu once the installation completes
- Choose the build which you prefer
- Choose Force close once the build has installed and restart Kodi
- Your brand-new Xanax Build should be ready to go
How to use Xanax Build APK on a Firestick
The creators of Xanax release an APK of Kodi with the Xanax wizard integrated within it. This has the advantage of being easier to install. It also allows users to run two instances of Kodi on the same device. Keep in mind that APK files are for Android devices like the Fire TV Stick, Nvidia Shield, Android TV, etc. Also, keep in mind that the Firestick currently uses the ARM 7 32 bit version while the Nvidia Shield would work better with the 64-bit version. You can find the most updated APK in the developer’s Filelinked store using code: 45691709. Watch the video on how to install Xanax from the APK to learn how to use Filelinked.
We do not host the APK file, but we have found a link. This is the 32-bit version intended for Firestick. The version in the APK file is currently 18.7. This is updated to match the latest version of Kodi.
Video on How to get Xanax on a Firestick
How to Install the Xanax Kodi Build with Step by Step Screenshots
- Click the cogwheel in the upper left corner from the home screen (if your version of Kodi doesn’t look like this, you probably have different skin. Look for settings, system, interface, and change the skin to Estuary if you want to follow the steps with the screens looking the same.)
2. Scroll to System in the lower right corner and click it
3. Select Add-ons in the left column
4. Click on Unknown sources
5. Click Yes
6. Take one step back and click File manager in the upper left corner of the System page
7. Click on Add source
8. Click on <None>
9. Type the URL exactly as: http://xanaxrepo.com/repo/ (Kodi is really finicky about URL’s, so take care to type it correctly)
10. Click OK
11. Click on the box under “Enter a name for this media source”
12. Name is Xanax
13. Click OK again
14. Click OK again
15. Click on Add-ons
16. Click on Install from zip file
17. Click on Xanax
18. Click on xanax-repo.zip
19. Wait for a popup in the upper right corner saying the Xanax Repository Add-on Installed (be patient)
20. Click on Install from repository
21. Click on Xanax Repository
22. Click on Program add-ons
23. Click on XANAX Wizard
24. Click on Install
25. Click on Continue
26. Click on Build Menu
27. Select any of the Xanax server hosts
28. Select Fresh Install (note this will delete any previously added addons. if you don’t want them deleted, you can pick standard install)
29. Wait for the files to download and then install
30. Select Force Close
31. Reload Kodi and give it about 5 minutes before using to update all the addons
Xanax Build Alternatives
We really loved Xanax, but it always pays to have a few backs upbuilds if Xanax goes down. Our top picks would be:
Xanax is a great build and is more lightweight than most. Also coming from an established developer fills us with confidence about its usability and also the developer’s ability to only keep addons that are up to date.
Is it Safe to Use?
Xanax has plenty of trusted reviews and is widely used. The repository has a good reputation for providing virus free builds.
The biggest danger when downloading files for Kodi is that you try to get the file from a source that isn’t directly linked to the repository.
There are many websites out there, that provide very similar URL addresses or copycat sites, to entice you to download the file from them. This is why you should only use the exact URL’s you have been provided.
If you doubt the source your file comes from then be sure to scan the file with professional Malware detection software prior to opening it.
Should I Use This App with a VPN?
Whether it’s Xanax or any other build, you should always use Kodi with a VPN for a number of reasons:
- Kodi is well known to big media companies and Internet Service Providers which means that any builds or addons on Kodi are on their radar. A VPN can help hide all your online activities.
- Without a VPN you may find that many of the addons you get with Xanax don’t work or click on links for media art which don’t connect
- A VPN gives you an increased level of privacy and anonymity which you get due to your connection being encrypted. The connection between your VPN and their DNS server is unbreakable meaning that an ISP cannot block a request if it doesn’t know where it is going
- VPN’s will also prevent your ISP from logging or throttling your connection as they are unable to tell anything more than the size of your data packets and that it is encrypted
We recommend getting an IPVANISH now.
Screenshots with Step by Step Instruction to Install IPVanish on a Firestick
1. Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your left. It will be the search icon.
2. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
3. Click on the IPVanish icon.
4. Click on Download
5. Wait to download.
6. Wait to install.
7. Click on Open.
8. Input your username and password to log in.
9. Click Connect.
Is It Free?
When Was It Released?
Xanax is a pretty new build, released in 2019