Numb3r5, mainly known online as Numbers, is a fork of the popular Covenant addon with additional features added for better usability. Covenant was one of the biggest addons on Kodi. So, let’s see how Numb3r5 has improved on an already winning formula.
What is Kodi?
Kodi is an open-source media player. Since 2002 it has grown to become one of the most widely used media players around the world due to the wide range of media files it can play and also the features that allow it to be easily integrated with watching media on your TV.
The software is legal and now on its 18th major version. It has been downloaded millions of times, due to its 10-foot user interface allowing applications to be scaled for TV and controlled by remote. As well as an enormous library of unofficial add ons which means users can access almost any media they can think of, for free.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 2a06:98c0:3600::103 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
What is an Add On?
Addons can be downloaded from the official Kodi library or from third party sources. Addons can act like apps and deliver live TV or sports. They can also serve as directories where users can access movies, TV shows, music and more.
An addon can also change the skin of Kodi and alter its appearance.
What is Numb3r5
Numb3r5 is a popular video addon. The Covenant codebase has been widely used for this fork. Covenant was originally based on Genesis. Genesis was the basis of the wildly popular Exodux Redux addon. This is all to say Numb3r5 comes from a good code base pedigree.
- Over 50 media sources and torrent websites are searched and scraped daily
- Trak.tv is supported
- Integration with Real Debrid, Premiumize and URL Resolver meaning that you can access premium services which help you to find the best high-quality links instead of trawling through endless dead or low-quality links
- Wide range of non-English media
- Sort by category and rating as well as easy to navigate menus
- Clean and easy to use UI
- News and Updates function to see the latest changes to Numb3r5
- New scrapers are constantly being added
- Regular updated
How to Install Numb3r5
Numbers should be installed while a VPN is active, otherwise, it may not work. Follow these simple steps to get up and running in less than 5 minutes:
- Open Kodi
- Click on settings (the gear icon in the top left-hand corner)
- Then System
- Make sure that Unknown sources are turned on
- Go back to the previous screen using the back button and find and click File Manager
- Click add source
- Then “Add None”
- In the “Enter the paths or browse for the media locations” URL bar that comes up type in the following exactly: http://cellardoortv.com/repo (In the unlikely case that the URL does not work, type the URL and + mirror into Google to find a working link)
- Name the source Numbers
- Click Add ons
- Then install from .zip file
- Select your Numbers file
- Once you select the zip file it will take a few seconds to unzip
- Now click install file from repository
- Click the Numbers Repo
- Click Video Add ons and then install, also click install for additional add ons
- When you return to the home screen Numbers will not be installed and ready to go
How to Install Numb3r5 on Kodi with Screenshots
- From the home screen, select the cogwheel at the upper left.
2. Select System in the bottom right corner.
3. Select Add-ons on the left side of the screen.
4. Select Unknown sources.
5. Click Yes to allow unknown sources.
6. Select File manager.
7. Click Add source.
8. Click on <None>.
9. Type exactly: http://cellardoortv.com/repo
10. Click on OK.
11. Select enter a name for this media source.
12. Name is Numb3r5 (this part isn’t critical as long as you remember the name).
13. Click on OK.
14. Click on OK.
15. Take one step back and click on Add-ons.
16. Select install from zip file.
17. Click on Numb3r5 (or whatever you named the source).
18. Click on repository.cdrepo-8.8.zip.
19. Select on Install from repository.
20. Click on CellarDoorTV Wizard Repo.
21. Pick Video add-ons.
22. Select Numb3r5 again.
23. Click on Install.
24. Select OK after reviewing the add-ons that will be installed.
25. You should see a popup in the upper right corner saying Numb3r5 has installed. There will actually be multiple popups for the various components.
26. Click on Open to start the Numb3r5 add-on.
Is it Safe to Use?
Numb3r5 makes the top 20 list for best of Kodi add ons and is widely used, as well as regularly updated. Making it safe and also easy to use.
Is it Legal or Grey?
Numbers operates in grey are. Though it does not store and host the content itself, it allows access through its web scrapers to torrent sites that host illegal content.
So, you are treading a fine line. We don’t recommend you use Kodi or Numbers without an encrypted connection.
Should I Use This App with a VPN?
Always use Numbers and Kodi with a VPN because:
- A VPN will stop your Internet Service Provider from seeing your traffic destination and browsing patterns by encrypting your connection through their cables
- You can maintain anonymity as a VPN will change your IP address making it difficult for anyone to know where your traffic originates from
- You can prevent your traffic from being logged by your IP, and also any other third parties from harvesting your data without your permission
- A VPN also gives you access to hundreds if not thousands of servers all around the world, allowing you to change the location and also use a service to access restricted content almost anywhere in the world.
- The encryption provided by VPN’s is to all public knowledge unbreakable. Using a 256-bit AES key
Is it Free?
When Was It Released?
Numb3r5 was released in early 2018 and has been going from strength to strength with updates released each month, including better scrapers and increased functionality.
Always have a couple of add ons at hand, as they are always vulnerable to going down at a moment’s notice. So even if you feel you have the greatest add on having a few on the back burner, we’d recommend the following:
- Exodus Redux
- The Magic Dragon
- Show Box
Or check Google for the best Kodi Add ons which are updated sometimes daily.
Numb3r5 has built upon an already impressive code base and is a must-have add on. Consistently ranked as one of the top 5 add ons, it can also be found in almost every Build.
What makes it great is not just the wide range of features but also that it has been stable and present for a long time and seems to be going from strength to strength.