Turbo Build has been making waves since 2017. With an intuitive and easy to use interface, as well as a wide-ranged of updated add ons. It has been a Kodi fan favorite for years.
What is Kodi?
If you haven’t heard of Kodi then you are in for a treat. A 100% free and legal piece of software that can turn your TV into an all in one entertainment center. Store any form of media, watch Live TV, stream movies and listen to music. Kodi opens the door to allow almost any form of media to be played through your big screen TV.
Originally designed in 2002, the software is now on its 18th version and still going strong after 17 years. Run by a dedicated team of developers who work for the XMBC Foundation, Kodi has gone from being a niche program just for the Xbox to one of the most downloaded pieces of software for media playing. Numbering in the tens of millions.
As well as its official library, Kodi has an extensive library of unknown source third party add ons numbering in the thousands. Allowing you to watch the latest movies, TV shows and stream live TV all completely free.
What is a Build?
When using Kodi you could spend hours trawling Google for the 50 best add ons and downloading them one by one.
Or you could just save yourself the time and download one build which comes with all the add ons built-in.
A Build is a pre-programmed package of add ons, skins, features an electronic programming schedules which makes it easy for you to get started on Kodi, without the pain of hours of handpicking each feature and add on.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 2a01:4f8:212:246a::2 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
What is Turbo Build?
Turbo Build comes from the Turbo JTV repository and ranks as being one of the smaller builds on Kodi coming in at 260MB. Great for lightweight devices or those with little RAM like the Amazon Fire Stick.
Turbo Build Features
- Wide range of add ons
- Lightweight ~260MB
- Long-life for a build over 2 years old
- TV Shows
- Real Debrid compatible
- TV Shows
- Kids TV
- Good sports and working Live TV sections
Add ons included in this build including:
- Magic Dragon
- Live Premiership
- Stream Army
- Wolf Pack
- Maverick TV
- Neptune Rising,
- Joker Sports
- UK Turks
- Good Fellas
How to Install Turbo Build
Stick to the following simple steps to install Turbo Build:
- From the Kodi home screen, click on settings which appear as a gear icon in the top left-hand corner of your screen
- Click System and then turn on Unknown sources
- Go back to System and click on File Manager
- Click add source then “Add None”
- A pop up will come up saying “Enter the paths or browse for the media locations” type in the following: http://turbojtv.com/repo/ (Sometimes URL’s may change if they have been blogged, just use Google to find the new URL)
- Once downloaded call the file Turbo
- Go back to the Add ons menu
- Click the box icon above the video add ons selection on the menu, then install from Zip file
- Click your Turbo file and then install from repository
- When the installation finished, click “Build Menu” from the new screen
- You will see a range of Builds and sizes, pick a smaller Build if you have a low RAM device, or a bigger build if you want as many add ons and features as possible
- Go through the settings, we recommend you stick to what they provide, as you can always go back and change them later
- You’ll be asked if you want to install a Fresh Build, click “Yes”
- When the Build is complete, force restart Kodi and it will start with your chosen Builds layout
Is it Safe to Use?
Turbo Builds is one of the older Wizards around. At 2 years old it’s well respected and has been stable for most of that time.
As one of the older builds your biggest danger would be downloading it from an unofficial repository. Avoid other servers and hosts at all costs and always scan your file with a professional Malware scanner if you have any doubts.
Is it Legal or Grey?
Turbo Build provides a wide range of add ons which allow you to access content that hasn’t been legally distributed.
Though the add ons do not host the files themselves, you use it in the full knowledge that the content falls into a grey area.
We strongly advise you use Turbo Build and anything on Kodi with a VPN active.
Should I Use This App With a VPN?
We love using a VPN for anything we do online, not just Kodi or Turbo Build in particular for a number of reasons:
- Without a VPN you are allowing your Internet Service Provider to log all of your traffic and retain it for up to a year. An ISP will also pay close attention to anyone who accesses content which has been banned or flagged
- A lot of Kodi’s unofficial add ons will be on a watchlist for distributing content illegally. Without a VPN you will probably find a lot of the add ons don’t work as their IPs have been banned. Or they aren’t stable as the add on rotates IP addresses
- A VPN allows you to remain anonymous online and maintain your privacy by hiding your true IP address as well as encrypting your traffic
Is it Free?
When Was It Released?
Turbo Build is one the oldest Wizards around, released in 2017
Turbo Build covers a lot of what we would want in a great build, luckily there are plenty of great alternatives:
- No Limits Magic
- One Nation
In the unlikely case that all these builds are down at the same time, just turn to Google or Reddit to find the best working build or check our list of Best Kodi Builds.
Really versatile Build and has been going for a long time, got a good track record of getting rid of the bloat in updates and keeping only working add ons. A solid build that suits beginners using an Amazon Fire Stick.