Here we take a look at one of the most popular add-ons to Kodi, Exodus Redux. We look at its features how we can install it as well as questions commonly asked about Exodus Redux.
Not to be confused with the old Exodus, or another addon bearing the name Exodus. Redux is the best of all the Exodus add-ons out there.
What is Kodi?
Kodi a free to download open-source media player. It has been available since 2002 and is currently in its 18th major version called Leia. Kodi is run and supported by a team of developers working for the XMBC Foundation, a non-profit which makes sure that Kodi and it’s approved add-ons are legal and above board.
Kodi has received a lot of scrutiny due to a number of add-ons from third parties being seized to scrape and source illegal copyrighted content. But Kodi has always distanced itself. Much like you cannot moderate all content on YouTube, nor can you do so on Kodi.
The software has been widely used because it has a wide range of codecs allowing it to play almost any form of media, as well as a 10-foot user interface which means it can be used to turn your TV into a home media center.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 220.127.116.11 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Video on How to Install the Exodus Redux Add-on on Kodi
Click the pop-out button in the upper right corner to view the video in full size. The steps are the same for installing Exodus Redux regardless of the device you are using once you have Kodi installed. You can follow this process the same way on a Fire TV Stick, Xbox, PC, Mac, etc.
What is an Add On?
An add on gives Kodi added functionality or an additional service that wouldn’t be available with the base software. Addo-ns can either come from the official library or from an unknown source if you change the settings within Kodi.
What is Exodus Redux
Exodus Redux is a fork (a copy of the original source code) from the massively popular Exodus. Exodus Redux gives you access to a massive library of movies and TV shows from third party sources. It works solely on Kodi as an add on.
- Uses the best quality scrapers which constantly return good results
- Clean and easy to use UI
- Arranged in easy to search categories along with latest releases and popular
- Able to search intelligently and arrange by rating
- Supports foreign language streams
- Integrate with your existing Kodi library
- Supports Trakt.tv meaning you can pick up watching where you left odd
- Supports Real Debrid and Premiumize
- Regular updates
- Open Scrapers community code base meaning access to a wider range of scrapers which is constantly being added to by the community
How to Install Exodus Redux
Get going with Exodus Redux quickly using these simple steps:
- Start from the Kodi home screen
- Click on settings
- Click on System
- Switch the toggle next to Unknown sources to on
- Go back and click File Manager
- Click add source
- “Add None”
- In the “Enter the paths or browse for the media locations” URL pop up bar type in: https://i-a-c.github.io/ (If you ever type a URL for an add on and it doesn’t work, double-check you have typed it exactly and then Google search for a mirror URL)
- Name the source Exodus
- Click OK, Exodus to add it to your file manager
- Go to Add-ons
- Click install from zip
- Select your file, which takes a few seconds to unzip
- Now click install file from the repository
- Click Exodus Redux Repo
- Click Video add ons, then install Exodus Redux and allow any additional add ons to be installed as well
- When you return to your Kodi home screen, Exodus Redux should show up
How to Install Exodus Redux on Kodi with Screenshots
- From the home screen, select the cogwheel at the upper left.
2. Select System in the bottom right corner.
3. Select Add-ons on the left side of the screen.
4. Select Unknown sources.
5. Click Yes to allow unknown sources.
6. Select File manager.
7. Click Add source.
8. Click on <None>.
9. Type exactly: https://i-a-c.github.io
10. Click on OK.
11. Select enter a name for this media source.
12. Name is Exodus Redux (this part isn’t critical as long as you remember the name).
13. Click on OK.
14. Click on OK.
15. Take one step back and click on Add-ons.
16. Select install from zip file.
17. Click on Exodus Redux (or whatever you named the source).
18. Click on repository.exodusredux-0.0.8.zip.
19. Select on Install from repository.
20. Click on Exodus Redux Repo.
21. Pick Video add-ons.
22. Select Exodus Redux again.
23. Click on Install.
24. Select OK after reviewing the add-ons that will be installed.
25. You should see a popup in the upper right corner saying Exodus Redux has installed. There will actually be multiple popups for the various components.
26. Click on Open to start the Exodus Redux add-on.
Is it Safe to Use?
There are no documented reports of a problem with the program. Just beware of downloading the add on from any repository which is not official.
Is it Legal or Grey?
Exodus Redux uses open scrapers to get the best working links from across the internet. These links will lead users to copyrighted content that has been distributed illegally.
So, it’s grey but barely. You should always be cautious using Kodi without an unencrypted connection. Without protection you may find the add on does not work, or worse you suffer further consequences from watching illicit content.
Should I Use This App With a VPN?
We always recommend that you use a VPN. Even if it’s just browsing the internet.
Using anything online without protection gives anyone the opportunity to monitor, track and record your movements online. From your Internet Service Provider logging all your traffic to third-party advertisers targeting you with specific content.
A VPN gives you the reassurance of you maintaining your IP by obscuring your IP address which can be traced back to your physical location and also the anonymity of your data by encrypting it using unbreakable military-grade encryption keys.
Is it Free?
When Was Exodus Redux Released?
Lambda released and maintained the original Exodus in 2017. The addon then became dormant after Lambda retired from the community. From mid-2018, Exodus Redux has received a regular stream of updates in 2019 to get its software up to date in terms of compatibility.
Even the best and biggest add-on could disappear at any moment. Look at what happened to Genesis and Covenant. Here are a few of our other favorite add-ons that could serve as alternatives to Exodus Redux should it stop working in the future:
- The Magic Dragon
- Neptune Rising
Exodus Redux is an awesome add on with great functionality, an enormous library, and acres of content on a wide range of categories. It often features at the top of most “best add on” list and is a must-have for Kodi.