Exodus Redux Review
This article will tackle how to install Exodus Redux on Kodi. It will also shed some light on how to use Exodus Redux on other devices.
The Kodiverse is vast and there are a lot of official and third-party add-ons that you can use to watch Movies, TV Shows, Live TV, Sports TV, and many more.
Exodus Redux is an unofficial Kodi Add-on or what we call a third-party add-on. It is not recognized by the developers of Kodi. Although unofficially recognized, Exodus Redux is easily distinguished as one of the Best Kodi Add-ons. This guide will show you its features and provide the necessary information on how to install and use it on any device.
Note: If you wish to go straight to the sources that Exodus Redux and other well-known add-ons use, we highly recommend that you read our Best Free Movie Streaming Websites.
Video on How to Install the Exodus Redux on Kodi
Click the pop-out button in the upper right corner to view the video in full size. The steps are the same for installing Exodus Redux regardless of the device you are using once you have Kodi installed. You can follow this process the same way on a Fire TV Stick, Xbox, PC, Mac, etc.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 220.127.116.11 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
How to Install Exodus Redux on Firestick
Get going with Exodus Redux quickly using these simple steps:
- Start from the Kodi home screen
- Click on Settings
- Click on System
- Switch the toggle next to Unknown Sources to on
- Go back and click File Manager
- Click add source
- Click on <None>
- Type in https://i-a-c.github.io/ at URL pop up bar
- Name the source Exodus
- Click OK
- Go to Add-ons
- Click Install from zip file
- Select your file, which takes a few seconds to unzip
- Now click on Install file from the repository
- Click on Exodus Redux Repo
- Select Video add-ons
- Install Exodus Redux and allow any additional add ons to be installed as well.
- When you return to your Kodi home screen, Exodus Redux should show up.
How to Install Exodus Redux on Kodi with Screenshots
1. From the home screen, select the cogwheel at the upper left.
2. Select System in the bottom right corner.
3. Select Add-ons on the left side of the screen.
4. Select Unknown sources.
5. Click Yes to allow unknown sources.
6. Select File manager.
7. Click Add source.
8. Click on <None>.
9. Type in https://i-a-c.github.io at the URL box.
10. Click on OK.
11. Select enter a name for this media source.
12. Name it Exodus Redux (this part isn’t critical as long as you remember the name).
13. Click on OK.
14. Click on OK.
15. Take one step back and click on Add-ons.
16. Select install from zip file.
17. Click on Exodus Redux (or whatever you named the source).
18. Click on repository.exodusredux-0.0.8.zip.
19. Select on Install from repository.
20. Click on Exodus Redux Repo.
21. Pick Video add-ons.
22. Select Exodus Redux again.
23. Click on Install.
24. Select OK after reviewing the add-ons that will be installed.
25. You should see a popup in the upper right corner saying Exodus Redux has installed. There will be multiple popups for the various components.
26. Click on Open to start the Exodus Redux add-on.
Alternative Way on How to Install Exodus Redux on Kodi
This method will show you how to install Exodus Redux on Kodi via Git Browser.
1. Go to your Home Screen
2. Click on the cogwheel
3. Select Add-ons
4. Choose My Add-ons
5. Select Program Add-ons
6. Click on Git Browser
7. Choose Open
8. Select Search by GitHub Username and choose New Search
9. Type in I-A-C
10. Select OK
11. Choose repository.exodusredux-0.0.9.zip
12. Click on Install
13. Once the repository is installed, choose Continue
14. Head back to the home screen and select Add-ons
15. Select Install from Repository
16. Choose Exodus Redux Repo
17. Click on Video Add-ons
18. Select Exodus Redux
19. Choose Install
20. Click on Ok
21. Wait for a notification that says the add-on is already installed.
22. Click on Exodus Redux again
23. Press the back button on your remote to remove this message
24. Voila, you have now installed the Exodus Redux Github method!
Exodus Redux No Stream Available/Exodus Redux Not Playing Movies
Are you streaming and suddenly encounter a notification that says “Exodus Redux No Stream Available” or “Exodus Redux TV Shows Not Working”? Do not worry, this is a common error that popular Kodi Add-ons encounter. This is very easy to resolve.
You need to refresh the providers by enabling and disabling the providers.
The guide below will show you how to accomplish it.
1. From the System Menu, select Add-ons
2. Choose Video Add-ons
3. Select Exodus Redux
4. Click on Open
5. Choose Scraper Settings
6. Hover to the right and select Disable All Providers
7. Click on Enable All Providers
8. Choose OK
There you go! This is the simplest way to resolve the streaming issue. If it does not work, you can always reset your device. If that still does not work, read our article on how to resolve Kodi Buffering Solution.
How to Use Exodus Redux
Integrate Real-Debrid on Exodus Redux
1. Open Exodus Redux on your Kodi device
2. Select Tools from the main menu
3. Scroll down and chose ResolveURL Settings
4. Click once to the left and down to get to Universal Resolvers
5. Press the right button on your remote and scroll down to get to Real-Debrid
6. Click on (Re)Authorize My Account
7. After receiving the code, be sure to memorize it.
8. Launch a web browser on your laptop or mobile device and type in real-debrid.com/device. Input the code you were given earlier and select Continue
9. Wait for the authentication to finish
There you go, you now have integrated Real-Debrid on Exodus Redux!
Integrate Trakt TV on Exodus Redux
1. Open Exodus Redux on your Kodi device
2. Select Tools from the main menu
3. Click on TRAKT: Authorize
4. This notification will appear. Go ahead and open another browser and type in https://trakt.tv/activate. Memorize the code given here.
5. Be sure to log in to your Trakt TV Account.
6. Enter the given code and click on Continue and select Yes.
8. There you go, you now have Trakt TV Support!
Does Exodus V8 Work?
Exodus V8 is the predecessor of Exodus Redux.
In terms of content, they are very much alike since they were created by the same developer.
The bad news is, Exodus V8 is currently not working. The good news is, it can be replaced by Exodus Redux on your repertoire or the Best Kodi Add-ons.
Exodus Redux Features
After you install Exodus Redux on Kodi, these are the things you are going to inside the add-on. To be honest, it is robust and separated into many categories.
- Movies, TV Shows, My Movies, My TV Shows, New Movies, New Episodes, Documentaries, Search, Tools, Scraper Settings, and Info.
- Once you enter this section, you will notice that the contents filterable by Genres, Year, People. Languages, Certificates, People Watching, Most Popular, Most Voted, Box Office, Oscar Winners, In Theaters, New Movies, My Movies, and People Search. If you click on New Movies, you will see that the content is up to date and recently released movie titles. The thumbnails show a brief description of the movie you like to watch.
- Action, Adventure, Animation, Anime, Biography, Comedy, rime, Documentary, Drama, Family, Fantasy, History, Horror, Music, Musical Mystery, Romance, Science Fiction, Sport, Thriller, War, and Western.
TV Shows Section
- Filtered by Genres, Network, Languages, Certificates, People Watching, Most Popular, Highly Rated, Most Voted, Airing Today, Returning TV Shows, New TV Shows, New Episodes, TV Calendar, My TV Shows, People Search, and Search.
TV Show Genres
- Action, Adventure, Animation, Anime, Biography, Comedy, rime, Documentary, Drama, Family, Fantasy, History, Horror, Music, Musical Mystery, Romance, Science Fiction, Sport, Thriller, War, Western, Reality TV, Talk Shows, and Game Shows.
Pros and Cons of Exodus Redux
- Uses the best quality scrapers which constantly return good results
- Clean and easy to use UI
- Arranged in easy to search categories along with latest releases and popular
- Able to search intelligently and arrange by rating
- Supports foreign language streams
- Integrate with your existing Kodi library
- Supports Trakt.tv meaning you can pick up watching where you left off
- The best streaming links possible because it supports Real Debrid, Alldebrid, Premiumize, Debrid.link.fr, Linksnappy, Megadebrid, RPnet, and Simply-Debrid.
- Regular updates
- Open Scrapers community code base meaning access to a wider range of scrapers which is constantly being added to by the community
- Subtitle Support
- There is no need for Mouse Toggle when you Exodus Redux on a Firestick.
- There have been reports of Exodus Redux not working properly.
- Users complain that Exodus Redux no stream available.
Is a VPN Needed?
We always recommend that you use a VPN. Even if it’s just browsing the internet.
Using anything online without protection allows anyone to monitor, track, and record your movements online. From your Internet Service Provider logging all your traffic to third-party advertisers targeting you with specific content.
A VPN like SurfkShark gives you the reassurance of you maintaining your IP by obscuring your IP address which can be traced back to your physical location and also the anonymity of your data by encrypting it using unbreakable military-grade encryption keys.
It is also the best fix for Kodi Buffering Issues.
Note: Get SurfShark for a discounted price by clicking on this deal.
Note: If you want to learn more about a premium VPN service, read our SurfShark Review.
Grab your subscription now!
Click here to get the lowest price on SurfShark through our exclusive limited-time offer.
How to Install Surfshark on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
You can download Surfshark directly from the Amazon App store. It will be easy for you to find Surfshark with your Firestick’s Find feature. Refer to our screenshots below.
Follow our screenshots below to install the SurfShark VPN app on your Fire TV stick.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate towards the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
Learn more about Surfshark and Grab the Best Surfshark Deal Now!
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
What is Kodi?
Kodi a free-to-download open-source media player. It has been available since 2002 and is currently in its 18th major version called Leia. Kodi is run and supported by a team of developers working for the XMBC Foundation, a non-profit which makes sure that Kodi and its approved add-ons are legal and above board.
What is an Add On?
An add on gives Kodi added functionality or an additional service that wouldn’t be available with the base software. Add-ons can either come from the official library or an unknown source if you change the settings within Kodi.
Note: Read our article on Best Kodi Add-ons for more information.
What is Exodus Redux
Exodus Redux is a fork (a copy of the source code) from the massively popular Exodus. Exodus Redux gives you access to a massive library of movies and TV shows from third-party sources. It works solely on Kodi as an add on. Other notable Add-ons coming from the same repository are Venom Kodi Add-on, Cartoon Network Kodi Add-on, and Adult Swim.
Builds that Feature Exodus Redux
Note: Click on the blue-colored texts for the installation guide and review of these builds.
Is it Safe to Use?
There are no documented reports of a problem with the program. Just beware of downloading the add-on from any repository which is not official.
Is it Free?
When Was Exodus Redux Released?
Lambda released and maintained the original Exodus in 2017. The addon then became dormant after Lambda retired from the community. From mid-2018, Exodus Redux has received a regular stream of updates in 2019 to get its software up to date in terms of compatibility.
Even the best and biggest add-on could disappear at any moment. If you ever find Exodus Redux not working, here are a few of our other favorite add-ons that could serve as alternatives.
Exodus Redux is an awesome add on with great functionality, an enormous library, and acres of content on a wide range of categories. It often features at the top of the Best Kodi Add-ons list and is a must-have for Kodi.
We hope that this article helps you with how to install Exodus Redux on Kodi. Thank you for reading!
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not own or operate any app nor does it endorse any. The main purpose of this article is strictly for educational purposes only.