Terrarium TV is Down Latest Updates
September 2018 when Terrarium TV is officially down. Three years after, and this app came back to the streaming world. This article will tell you the latest update about Terrarium TV.
September 2021, Terrarium TV is available again to install on your Firestick and Android. Unlike many other Terrarium clones that come and go, Terrarium TV came back from the dead. With the same function and updated library of movies, you can stream any titles for free and without advertisements. To learn more about this, you can read How to Install Terrarium TV on your Firestick and Android.
What Does it Do?
Terrarium TV was the first viable alternative to Kodi which was simple and easy to use. Acting like a giant search engine it would use web scrapers to gather all the newest links to content each day and then put them together.
It also had a really neat TV Calendar which allowed you to see all your upcoming favorite shows so you would know when the episodes would be ready to stream.
Terrarium TV is Down No More – History of the Application
Terrarium started around 2017 and quickly became a rival to PopCorn Time, which at the time was the main Kodi alternative. Popcorn Time allowed you to stream straight from Torrents while Terrarium introduced a giant scraper delivering 3rd party links from across the web.
Due to some issues it encountered, Terrarium TV shut down completely in September the following year. After this massive shutdown, a lot of terrarium clones came to the streaming world. Some of these are Cyberflix, TVZion, CatMouse, TeaTV, and Typhoon TV. All of which are also shut down as of this moment. Other remaining apps similar to Terrarium TV are Titanium TV, Cinema HD, Nova TV, UnlockMyTTV, and Bee TV.
Three years after its shut down, Terrarium TV is down no more. The app is available again for Android and Amazon Firestick. It still has the same features as before. You can still watch in-demand and popular titles today. Continue reading to learn more about this app.
How to Install Terrarium TV on Firestick with Screenshots
1. Scroll to the right-most portion of your home screen and click the wheel gear button (Settings).
2. Scroll down and to the right until you get to My Fire TV. Click on it.
3. Select Developer options.
4. Turn on ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
5. Click Turn On when the pop-up appears.
Then, after jailbreaking your Firestick, you’ll need to install the Downloader app to sideload Terrarium TV. Downloader is easily available on the Amazon App Store that allows you to download APK files.
6. Click Home, click FIND.
7. Click Search.
8. You can either say Downloader to your Alexa voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
9. Click on the Downloader Icon.
10. Click Download.
11. Click on Open.
12. Click on Allow.
13. Use the Downloader search tab.
14. Type https://reviewvpn.com/ter and click Go
15. Wait for the APK to be downloaded.
16. Select the Install button.
17. Wait for the app to be installed.
18. Launch the app by clicking Open.
19. Select Allow
20. When the Change Logs pops up, just click OK
21. You can now select any titles you want to stream.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
Terrarium TV Features
- TV Calendar
- One of the largest media libraries online
- Receive notifications of new movies and episodes
- Download content and watch it locally
- Worked with a wide range of external media players
- Sophisticated sorting and filtering systems
- Access to HD and 4K Videos
- High-quality links
- Compatible with a wide range of Android devices
- Simple and intuitive layout which is now regularly copied across all Android TV applications
If Terrarium TV is Down, What Are The Best Alternatives
As soon as Terrarium TV disappeared last 2018, a number of great replacements have risen up to take its place. Many of them come and go as well. As of today, only a few remarkable applications are still working. Here they are:
- CinemaHD is unique in that it only scrapes and shows working links, and even has a kids mode. As well as having a large selection of HD movies, again as a clone it has a similar UI to Terrarium.
- Bee TV is reasonably new but works well, has good sort functions and an intuitive user interface, simple categories, multiple link providers, autoplay, and auto next function.
- Titanium TV is a true Terrarium TV clone. It has features very similar to Terrarium. Ir also works by providing links to the latest movies and tv shows.
- UnLockMyTTV is another terrarium alternative that is still working today. Just like the others, it has features that help viewers stream these favorite movies and series.
To know more about these applications. Go to Best Terrarium TV Alternatives.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 18.104.22.168 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Should I Use This App with a VPN?
You always use a VPN when trying to connect to any form of online streaming or downloading. For a few reasons.
Firstly, even if it’s legal if your internet provider sees you using much more bandwidth than your numbers then they may try and “throttle” your connection. This means that they reduced your bandwidth to limit the amount of data you can use in anyone period.
Secondly, if you are trying to access an android tv application similar to Terrarium without a VPN, you won’t be able to. Your access will be blocked because ISP’s actively work against any sites that allow you to view copyrighted or pirated material.
Thirdly you can keep your privacy intact and your IP anonymous using an encrypted VPN tunnel. Which allows you to send information undetected between the VPN client on your device and your
Click here to get the lowest price on IPVanish through our exclusive limited-time offer.
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”.
3. You can either say “IPVanish” to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the “IPVanish” icon.
5. Click on “Download”.
6. Wait to “Download”.
7. Wait to “Install”.
8. Click on “Open”.
9. Input your username and password to “Log In”.
10. Click “Connect”.
Is it Safe to Use?
We have tested this app using Virus Total, and see no dangerous domain present. We can say that this app is safe to use.
Is it Legal or Grey?
Terrarium operated in a grey area and we suspect part of the reason why they shut down before is they were just getting too much heat than they wanted. We are sure they made some money, but by being so popular and acting as a library for pirated content Terrarium was essentially sponsoring free access to piracy.
Is it Free?
Yes. The app is 100% free.
Are There Ads?
The new and current version of the app is not supported by advertisements.
Is There a Premium Version?
None. There isn’t a premium version available.
Is There an Official Website?
You can see the official announcement from the developer, shutting down Terrarium here: https://terrariumtv.com/
What Other Devices Does it Work on?
Worked on all Android Devices
How Does the App Work?
Download and play!
Though Terrarium may be gone, there are many great applications jostling to take its place.
We repeat our word of caution by assuring you that Terrarium no longer works and any app you download is likely to be infected with Malware.