Is It Any Good?
Popcorn Time is one of the longest-running Android TV apps around. It first hit the scenes in 2014 to rave reviews and a lot of pressure and scrutiny from media copyright lawyers and regulators. It was estimated that Popcorn Time was installed on well over a million phones in the US alone. The development team has changed many times over, as developers fade out and new members take their place. But the application is still going strong with an inbuilt VPN and bursting at the seams with features.
What Does it Do?
Popcorn Time has proven to be one of the most consistent providers of high-quality movies over the years. They draw from the EZTV and YTS torrent libraries, which are two of the most heavily used servers globally. This means that Popcorn Time connects you directly to their library of content, which means titles are constantly being updated.
What Platforms Does it Work On?
Popcorn Time works on iOS, Android, Mac, Linux, and Windows
Install PopcornTime Complete Guide with Screenshots
1. Scroll to Settings from the home screen.
2. Scroll down and to the right until you get to My Fire TV. Click on it.
3. Select Developer options.
4. Turn on ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown Source.
5. Click Turn On when the pop-up appears.
How to Install the Downloader App
After successfully jailbreaking the Firestick, you need to install another app called Downloader. Downloader App will allow you to sideload these free porn apps onto your Firestick. Kindly refer to the guide below:
1. Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your left. It will be the search icon.
2. You can either say Downloader to your Alexa voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
3. Click on the Downloader icon
4. Click Download
5. Click on Open
6. Click on Allow.
7. Type https://reviewvpn.com/pop and click Go.
8. Wait for it to download.
9. Click on INSTALL
10. Click on OPEN
11. Click on ALLOW
12. PopcornTime is Installed. Enjoy Watching.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 18.104.22.168 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
- Massive range of content
- Constantly being updated
- Massive community
- A wide range of developers support this open source project
- Works on a wide range of media players
- RARGB search
- Sort by popularity and trending
- Stream directly from a drag and drop torrent
- Subtitles available in a wide range of languages
- If you can’t find your language you can drag and drop subtitle files
- HD and high-quality stream available
You can download the application directly from their website: https://getpopcorntime.is
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not host this APK file. It is hosted on Archive.org.
Pros and Cons
- An application that has seen more versions than Netflix
- Massive content library
- An active community of contributing developers to the open-source codebase
- Uses the most widely used torrent servers
- 100% free
- Sophisticated search and sort function using multiple parameters
- An active community of millions of users contributing to suggestions, feedback, and updates
- Stream directly from torrents
- Access a wide range of subtitles or import your own
- Rare to find an application available across all platforms including Linux
- A rich history
- Access to HD streams
- Watched eye showing when an episode or movie has been watched
- Auto next and autoplay function
- A high level of visibility and scrutiny means Popcorn Time is a target for malicious third parties and copyright trolls
Is it Safe to Use?
Absolutely Popcorn Time has been around for a long time and is well respected and known in the community. Make sure you use the official website. The biggest problem with add ons which are well know is that a host of copycats spring up, using websites that have very similar names and may even clone part of the original website. They tend to contain files that are infected with viruses. We always recommend that you use Malware scanning software like Malwarebytes if you have any doubts about the validity of the source that you are downloading the file from.
Is it Legal or Grey?
Popcorn Time has been in several high-profile legal cases. Only for the development team to be replaced by another. Call it an occupational hazard, always playing cat and mouse with large media providers.
Is it Free?
Yes, Popcorn Time is free
Are There Ads? (If it has ads is there a modded version)?
Yes, there are ads but they are bearable
Is There a Premium Version?
Is There an Official Website?
Yes, Popcorn Time has a great website and one-pager with links to all the media articles that have covered the application: https://getpopcorntime.is
What Other Devices Does it Work On?
Popcorn Time literally works on every operating system, which is a breath of fresh air. It is one of the few applications to work on Linux. This is a testament to the passion of the open-source developers who contribute to the project.
How Does the App Work?
You can download the application through your Amazon Fire device, or directly download the apk file from the Popcorn Time website.
What is the Minimum Version of Android I Need?
How Long Has it Been Around?
Popcorn Time has been around since 2014
Is it a Terrarium Clone?
What is the Development Team Like?
The development is massive and decentralized. Due to the high-profile nature of the application, the original development team stepped away from the project in 2014.
Should I Use This App With a VPN?
You should always use Kodi with a VPN for a number of reasons:
- Reliable sources estimate that as much as 50% of the online content on the internet is blocked by your ISP’s. By maintaining a large database of IP’s which have been known to distribute content illegally. Using a VPN, you can circumvent the connection as your ISP can only track your IP to the server of your VPN
- Your data is also encrypted using military-grade security, 256-bit AES encryption is unbreakable and used by the US government to keep their data secure.
- A VPN will also enable you to access a wide range of restricted content and circumvent any form of throttling or slowing down your connection. ISP’s reserve the right to slow down connections that appear to be using more bandwidth than the surrounding area.
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”
3. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the IPVanish icon.
5. Click on Download
6. Wait to download.
7. Wait to install.
8. Click on Open.
9. Input your username and password to log in.
10. Click Connect.
ReviewVPN.com does not host any of these files. They are hosted on Archive.org.
It’s hard to find a better application when Popcorn Time is working. It suffers regular outages due to the number of users and its high-profile nature. But it’s pretty awesome and hard to beat. You really do get everything you could need with Popcorn Time apart from downloading content.