Virus Total Antivirus Review
One of the essentials in the online world is having an antivirus. It is mandatory to have one installed on your computer to protect you from malware, viruses, phishing, and more. The problem is, a lot of them don’t come for free. They may provide trial versions but when they expire, you are left vulnerable and prone to cyber-attacks. Also, trial versions are not equipped to give you added protection from threats like those. So we spend money on these to stay protected. What if we were to tell you that you can afford such security for free? Would you believe us? Well, you can start now because in this article, we will be talking about a free antivirus that does all the job and it is called Virus Total.
Is It Any Good?
Virus Total combines the abilities of many antivirus programs to deliver powerful scanning and protection to your computer. It acts as a middleman and communicates with different antivirus servers to deliver URLs, documents, and real-time scanning to your device. All you need to do is paste the URL or upload your document via a website and voila, you will receive premium protection from whatever online threat there is.
Installing Virus Total to Your Amazon Firestick
- On the home screen, go to “Settings”
- Select My Fire TV
- Select Developer Options
- Open Apps from Unknown Sources
- Click Turn On
- Head back to the home screen and select “Search”
- Search Downloader and click “Downloader”. It will appear under the keyboard
- Choose the “Downloader app”
- Download it
- Choose Open
- Select Allow
- Choose OK
- Type https://reviewvpn.com/vir and select Go
- Wait for it to finish
- Install Virus Total
- Select Done
- This will automatically take you back to Downloader. Select Delete
- Choose Delete Again
- Head back to the home screen and under the “Your Apps & Channels” choose See All.
- Scroll down and click on the select button while hanging around to relocate the app
- Open the app and start scanning your device
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not host this APK file.
What Does It Do?
Virus Total scans your files and URLs for malware. The desktop version also does that but the web version yields powerful results.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 18.104.22.168 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Virus Total is compatible with your Amazon Firestick, Android TV Box, Windows, MAC, and Linux
- Antivirus Products from over 70 antivirus programs
- Website and Domain Scanning Engines and Data Sets Behaviour Analysis
- Sandbox Products
- File Characterization Tools and Data sets
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
Screenshots with Step by Step Instruction to Install Virus Total Antivirus on a Firestick
1. Install the Downloader app and jailbreak your firestick by enabling unknown sources. To learn more about the procedure, you may read How to Install the Downloader App and Enable Unknown Sources.
2. Open Downloader App. Type https://reviewvpn.com/vir and click Go.
3. Click on “Click here” to start download quickly
4. Click Install.
5. Click Open.
6. Enjoy your Virus Total Antivirus,
Pros and Con
– Can scan any file up to 256 MB in size
– Can scan webpages
– Scans IPs
– Can scan multiple entries using the desktop version
– Provides a link for results that can be shared publicly
– It acts as an extension on browsers so there is no need to open it separately
– It scans emails
– Compatible with Android Devices
– History of scans can be viewed with the file’s hash
– Single entry scanning for a web version
– For personal use only
– Low priority for email attachments
– Limited size for files that will be sent via email
Is It Safe To Use?
Yes, Virus Total is totally safe to use.
Is It Legal or Grey?
It is legal to use.
Should I Use VPN?
There is no immediate need to use it in conjunction with a VPN. But it is desirable to have a reliable VPN for faster results.
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”
3. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the IPVanish icon.
5. Click on Download
6. Wait to download.
7. Wait to install.
8. Click on Open.
9. Input your username and password to log in.
10. Click Connect.
Is It Free?
Yes, Virus Total is free to download and does not hidden costs
Are There ADS?
No, there are no ads.
Is There A Premium Version?
Yes, there is a premium version. But totally not necessary because the free version is enough to protect you from cyber threats.
Is There An Official Website?
You may visit their website https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload
What Other Devices Does It Work On?
It will work on most platforms. It also supports Windows, MAC, and Linux, so it is very flexible
How Does The App Work?
You can download for the desktop version at https://www.virustotal.com/static/bin/vtuploader2.2.exe
Minimum Version Required
For Android users, version 5.0 and above is needed to run the application
How Long Has It Been Around?
It is by far one of the longest-running antivirus programs in the market. It was officially registered on 09/18/2002 and has been running ever since.
What Is The Development Team Like?
The development team is very hands-on in dealing with users. The website is actually updated n a regular basis and has all the necessary information you may be needing. You can reach them through https://www.virustotal.com/gui/contact-us.
Although the following does not have a web version, you can access them through their desktop and mobile app versions. They also do an impressive job of protecting you from cyber threats. Only use them if there are issues with Virus Total
We believe that Virus Total has the necessary criteria for a good antivirus program. One of its selling points is that it has a web version, meaning, you don’t have to install it directly to your computer. Also, the feature wherein you can share your results publicly does a favor to the community. It helps the developers know if the program is working and continue to improve its services. Honestly, this program has been running for so long adding testament to its credibility. It is reliable, stable, and the most important part, it is free. One good thing also is that it can be integrated to your browser removing the need to open it separately which in turn maximizes your time and productivity.
We were very elated in introducing this program to you and we hope that we became instrumental in helping you decide if it is a good idea to use the program or not. But trust us, it is worth it and you will never be disappointed. If you have questions regarding the article, please feel free to contact us here on our website or at any of our other social media platforms. Thank You for reading!