How to Change IP Address Overview
In this article, we will show you how to change your IP address to another country.
This might sound too technical but how to change an IP address is not that hard. Doing this also provides a lot of great deals in terms of access and security. You can really say that it could be a necessity because there are so many cyber criminals present nowadays.
Many advertisers online also become a threat to your security. They gather information, based on your algorithm, or the way you use the internet from your IP address. Even the emails you send and the money you transact can be tracked through your IP address. That is why it is sometimes important also to block even your Internet Service Provider.
Changing your IP address can stop all of that. We will show you how to change your IP address, and what are the importance and benefits of doing it so.
How to Change IP Address (Simplified Guide)
- Download a reliable and good working premium VPN. We suggest using IPVanish
- Register an account to your VPN. (How to Sign Up and Account to IPVanish)
- Turn on your VPN and choose a server from another country.
- Notice that Your IP address will change.
4 Ways on How to Change Your IP Address
There are actually 4 ways to change your IP address. You can use a VPN, Tor Browser, DNS, and Proxy Sites. Although all of these processes are proven effective, not all of them are 100% safe. We can say that the best one among these is by using a VPN. You will understand later why we think that this is the best option.
1. Use a VPN
To change your IP address, using a VPN is at the top of your options. This is known as a Virtual Private Network. Using this you will have your own private network that will totally hide your real IP and replace it with another one. You will gain access to other content and features that are originally not available in your country.
Most people also use a VPN when traveling so they can still have access to their original area or region.
Other VPNs can also unblock the content of streaming apps like Netflix. But you have to take note that unblocking Netflix is not applicable to all VPNs. Only a few ones can do that.
A VPN is a really good technology. The only bad side of using this is that almost all great ones are paid. There are some free ones but we cannot assure our safety with them. Of course, the free ones have to earn for them to continue their service. Others have advertisements and the worst part is they can even sell your data (which the premium ones will never do).
Here at reviewvpn.com, we always recommend IPVanish. It is one of the best VPNs in the market today. IPVanish is a premium VPN that really works with all types of devices.
- Thousands of servers from all over the world.
- Liberty to choose which country, city, and server you like to connect.
- Protects you from hackers, spies, or even from your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- The VPN protocol for all types of devices.
- Advanced features like split tunneling and kill switch.
- Works with a double VPN setup.
- Gives access to geo-restricted content.
- Data Encryption
- No log policy.
- Can be used for Torrenting
- Prevents Firestick Buffering and Kodi Buffering
Grab your subscription now!
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”
3. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the IPVanish icon.
5. Click on Download
6. Wait to download.
7. Wait to install.
8. Click on Open.
9. Input your username and password to log in.
10. Click Connect.
2. Use Tor Browser
Another way on how to change IP address is by using The Onion Router (Tor) Browser.
Tor Browser works through a series of various computer servers that you can visualize as onion, hence the onion router was formed.
We can say that it is like sharing IP. You can use a different one and other users can use yours as well. The problem with this is that if you let them use your IP, and they do some cybercriminals stuff, all records will be reflected in your IP address which is bad.
Overall, Tor Browser encrypts your data and lets you use the internet anonymously like a VPN. But since TOR is a series of severs, you may notice a slight change in your internet speed which is oftentimes slow.
Tor Browser is available in almost all types of devices even on Amazon Firestick. But you need to Jailbreak Your Firestick first in able to download this app.
How to Install Tor Browser on Firestick With Screenshots
In this process, we are going to use the Downloader app. Make sure you can jailbreak your firestick first. This is to allow you to install from sources unknown to Amazon. Here’s how:
1. Scroll to the right-most portion of your home screen and click the wheel gear button (Settings).
2. Scroll down and to the right until you get to My Fire TV. Click on it.
3. Select Developer options.
4. Turn on ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
5. Click Turn On when the pop-up appears.
Then, after jailbreaking your Firestick, you’ll need to install the Downloader app to sideload Tor Browser. This app, which is easily available on the Amazon App Store, allows you to download APK files.
6. Click Home, click FIND.
7. Click Search.
8. You can either say Downloader to your Alexa voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
9. Click on the Downloader Icon.
10. Click Download.
11. Click on Open.
12. Click on Allow.
13. Use the Downloader search tab.
14. Type https://reviewvpn.com/torb and click Go
15. Wait for the APK to be downloaded.
16. Select the Install button.
17. Wait for the app to be installed.
18. Launch the app by clicking Open.
19. Select Connect, you might have to use mouse toggle.
20. Set your security level.
21. Click on the search engine at the bottom part.
22. You can now type in the website you want to visit
3. Use Proxy Sites
The third way on how to change your IP address is by using proxy sites. This is by far the cheapest way if you don’t want to spend those dollars on VPNs. But of course, proxy sites are nothing compared with the services that VPNs provide.
Proxy sites mask your IP address so that you can surf the internet anonymously. Although, they will never encrypt your data. So you are not 100% secured. If others will try to track you and check your unencrypted data, they could still see your recent activities.
Not all proxy sites are proven efficient, only a few ones can really be considered the best.
Here is the list of the best Proxy Sites to checkout.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
4. Use DNS
Like a VPN, Smart DNS services can also hide your true IP address and connect you to other countries. Unlike VPN, Smart DNS is similar to Proxy Sites because they both don’t encrypt your data while browsing.
Domain Name System, DNS, acts as an internet ad-hoc phone book. It can also make your upload and download speed faster. So if your only concern is how to change your IP address with less security, you can rely on Smart DNS.
DNS changes the official URL into easy numbers or codes. To know more about Ho Smart DNS works, you can read Everything You Need to Know about Smart DNS.
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi. Currently, your IP 220.127.116.11 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider. Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN: A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 18.104.22.168 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Benefits Of Changing Your IP Address
The IP address is not just about your location but also a lot more about you. Here are some of the reasons why it is important to change your IP address.
- Makes you browse the internet anonymously
- Block search engines and ISP on tracking your activities
- Gives access to geo-restricted content
- Protects you from hackers and other spying eyes
- No need to worry about using private WiFi
- Freedom, Security, and Protection
- Prevent even the government from checking on your activities
- Unblock other content and features of some streaming apps
How to change IP address on Windows 10
You can always install a VPN like IPvanish on your windows 10.
How to Change IP address on iPhone?
Go to your apple app store and search for a good VPN. IPVanish is available in the Apple AppStore and you can install it anytime on your iOS device.
Changing your IP address is really not that hard, and it is actually helpful. You can choose amongst the 4 ways we provided above. For our suggestion, using a VPN might be more expensive than the others but it is the best way though. Especially when you utilize the full capacity and capabilities of your VPN. We recommend IPVanish as one of the great ones to checkout.
We hope that this article was able to help you learn how to change your IP address.
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not own or operate any app nor does it endorse any. The main purpose of this article is strictly for educational purposes only.