Jailbreak Firestick and Install Downloader App Overview
In this article, we will discuss how to install the downloader app and how to jailbreak an updated firestick.
As Amazon Firestick updates along with its interface and other features, there are also some procedures affected. Two of which are the way we search for the apps like Downloader and the other is how to enable unknown sources.
Let’s focus first on the new way to install the apps. Well, it is not 100% changed actually. The only thing that was changed was the way we search for a certain app, and the rest are pretty much the same. We will show you the new way on how we can search for apps later in this article.
The second one is how we jailbreak our firestick. It is basically enabling unknown sources so that we can install apps that are not available in the Amazon App Store. Just like searching, enabling unknown sources is pretty much the same. The only difference is how we can be able to go to that button from our home screen.
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface
How to Jailbreak Firestick
1. Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your Right. Click Setting (Gear Wheel Icon)
2. Scroll down and to the right until you get to My Fire TV. Click on it.
3. Select Developer options.
4. Turn on ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown Source.
5. Click Turn On when the pop-up appears.
How to Install the Downloader App on Firestick
1. From the Home page, click FIND.
2. Click Search.
3. You can either say Downloader to your Alexa voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the Downloader icon
5. Click Download
6. Click on Open.
7. Click on Allow.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
How to Jailbreak Firestick and Install Downloader App using the Old Interface
1. Go to Settings
2. Select Device or My Fire TV
3. Choose Developer Options
4. Turn on the ADB Debugging and the Apps from Unknown Sources
5. Click Turn On
6. From the Home page, navigate to the magnifying glass icon to Search
7. Type in Downloader and click the suggestion
8. Tap the Downloader icon when it appears on the screen
9. Click Get or Download
10. Wait for the app to be installed
11. Select the Open button to launch the app
12. Click Allow
13. Tap the OK button
Stream Safely with a VPN
When you are about to install third-party apps using Downloader, it is so much better to be safe. Downloader is also a browser where you can type any links. Some links might be harmful and others might be hosted by hackers. This will be a big problem for you if you do not keep yourself secured at all times.
Also, there are applications that have geo-restricted content. Meaning to say, you cannot access these contents if you are in a different region. Not just content, some also have geo-restricted features.
All of these problems will go away if you use a premium VPN. Keep in mind, that it is always better to use a premium one rather than the free one. Because some free VPNs are not safe, others don’t have complete features when free.
We suggest using IPVanish. It is the best VPN to use for almost all types of devices. Most especially, IPVanish works great with Firestick.
You can experience so many benefits when you use IPVanish. Some of them are:
- It makes a wall to protect you from ISP monitoring and from hackers.
- IPVanish connects you to a different server that gives you access to geo-restricted content and features.
- You can easily download shows from torrent sites without being noticed.
- Protects all of your files and devices with encryption that shield you against malware and hacks
- It can make your internet speed higher than usual
- IPVanish can decrease or even stop Firestick Buffering and Kodi Buffering
Grab your subscription now!
How to Install IPVanish on a Firestick
- Once you open your Firestick, click the Find button.
- Go to Search
- Type in IPVANISH
- Select IPVANISH
- Choose Download
- Wait for a couple of seconds for the download to finish.
- After the download finished, click on the Install button
- Once it finishes installing, select Open
- Type in your username and password
- Choose Connect.
- There you go, you can now stream or download content.
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”
3. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the IPVanish icon.
5. Click on Download
6. Wait to download.
7. Wait to install.
8. Click on Open.
9. Input your username and password to log in.
10. Click Connect.
What is the Downloader App?
The Downloader app is an app that serves also as a browser where you can search and install third-party applications for your Amazon Firestick.
Is Downloader App Legal?
Downloader is actually an official amazon app. This is a good indication that Downloader is 100% legal.
Is Downloader App Safe?
We tested the app using Virus Total and found no threat. This is to prove that the Downloader app is safe to use.
What devices can I Install Downloader?
You can actually install Downloader on Firestick, Android devices, Google Chromecast, and many more.
How to Jailbreak Firestick?
You need to enable unknown sources to jailbreak your firestick. This process was shown in the above procedure.
Since there is a new interface for Firestick, there are also some changes on how we use to do things like jailbreaking and searching for apps such as Downloader. Actually, it is not that hard to figure things out. If we are going to compare, we can no longer see the magnifying glass for easy searching. We have to look for the Find button next to Home, then scroll down to search. On the other hand, there is no word “Settings” on the home page. The icon for settings was changed into Gear Wheel located at the rightmost part.
These are a few of the changes that took place when the update happened. But basically, the Downloader app stays the same. You can still sideload apps on your firestick, as long as you enable unknown sources. We just suggest you use a premium VPN such as IPVanish when you use sideloaded apps.
We hope that this article helped you install the Downloader App and Jailbreak your updated Firestick.
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not own or operate any app nor does it endorse any. The main purpose of this article is strictly for educational purposes only.