What is Mouse Toggle?
One of the most underrated pieces of hardware on any computer is your mouse. A mouse pointer helps you quickly and easily navigate across a myriad of options. I mean can you imagine having to tab through Amazon on your keyboard.
Many applications on the Firestick have areas that can only be accessed using a mouse. This is especially true of applications that are sideloaded and thus not originally intended for the Firestick.
Some of the best Android TV streaming applications have been specially designed for touch screens. This is great on a tablet or phone but can become frustrating when using it on a TV. Without the touch function, you either have to click through each successive button or find a replacement for a mouse.
This is the void that Mouse Toggle helps fill. Mouse Toggle allows your Fire TV remote to act as a wireless mouse to a better level of accuracy than any other application currently on the market.
With over 50K downloads on Google Play and an average rating of 3.9/5.
Is Mouse Toggle Safe and Virus-free?
We tested this app using VirusTotal and found no threats or any malicious files and malware.
Despite having good results, we still need to be vigilant in protecting our privacy while streaming.
A Virtual Private Network or VPN will help us maintain our security and anonymity while using Mouse Toggle.
Here’s how you can Install The Best VPN For Firestick and All Devices.
Steps to Install Mouse Toggle on a Fire TV Stick with Screenshots
1. Install the Downloader app and jailbreak your firestick by enabling unknown sources. To learn more about the procedure, you may read How to Install the Downloader App and Enable Unknown Sources.
2. Open Downloader. Type “reviewvpn.com/mouse” in the browser window and click Go (we do not host this file. we have merely set up a redirect)
3. The app will automatically install. Click on Open after installation (note delete the apk files after installation to save space on the Firestick)
4. On the Mouse Toggle screen wait until you see Status changed to started before trying to use the app
5. A popup should appear that asks if you want to allow USB debugging. Check the box that says always allow and click ok
How to Use Mouse Toggle?
Hit the play/pause button two times quickly to activate. You should see a bluish-purple circle appear on the screen. Hit the play/pause button and any other button to make it go away. When it is active, you can use it just like a mouse.
Video on How to Install Mouse Toggle on a Firestick
Where Is It Available?
In addition to the method we have just shown, you can also download Mouse Toggle from the Google Play Store. This will require you to download the app and then push it from your Android device to the Firestick.
You can read more about Mouse Toggle, at their official website
Like any other popular software make sure to only use the official website or a trusted provider. Many malicious parties will use similar-name websites to give you access to files that may be infected with malware. There are many antivirus programs available for Android that will allow you to scan the app if you get it from an unknown source. Bitdefender is both free and well respected.
What Features Does It Have?
Mouse Toggle offers:
- Turns your regular remote into a mouse
- Long Click
- Auto device discovery, the app will automatically discover your Amazon Fire device on startup and synchronize with it
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi. Currently, your IP 18.104.22.168 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider. Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN: A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 22.214.171.124 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
How Do You Use It?
Download the App on your phone and then sync with your Android device.
Cetus Play is free with ads, and for $3 you can pay for the premium app and remove ads from the device.
When Was It Developed?
Mouse Toggle was released in 2016 and was last updated in June 2018 to work with the newest generation of Amazon Fire devices as well as other 3rd generation devices.
What Tools Does it Compliment the Most?
Most Android TV application has been developed for touch screen and therefore don’t have a user interface for remote controls.
We’ve found that browsers not intended for the Firestick, like Chrome, Opera, and Microsoft Edge, require Mouse Toggle to work. Also, many of the best live TV apps require Mouse Toggle. There are also a variety of applications that can work without it but work better with it. ES File Explorer falls into this category. This is particularly true when trying to close windows.
The app has been going for a long time, and in 2016 and 2017 the developer would normally respond to comments directly.
However, when we took a closer look at the reviews from 2019 the app seems to be going downhill. The majority of users have it 1 star and said they were having problems getting it to work on their device.
It’s possible that if the developer has moved onto other applications that Mouse Toggle may need updating to allow it to work on newer devices and applications.
There seemed to be a lot of problems with the application not getting past the start screen, also for people using Fire TV (3rd gen UHD) you’ll need to reduce the resolution on your Fire TV Display setting from UHD (3840) down to 1080p. Which defeats the main reason for using a UHD device. Also, if the status for Mouse Toggle is stuck on ‘starting’ you need to run Mouse Toggle on your phone (or other devices) and run ‘troubleshoot’ and restart the service.
History / Is it in active development?
Mouse Toggle has been active since 2016, but there have been no updates since June 2018, from the reviews it seems as the app could do with an update or the ratings may start to fall.
Much of the negative reviews have come over the past year as people report problems with functionality.
There are a Help section and email that you can use if you have persistent bugs, but other than there seems to be little way to get the app to work if you have persistent problems.
What Devices Does it Work On?
Mouse Toggle works with Android devices.
What Alternatives Exist?
Cetus Play is probably the best alternative, though it doesn’t offer the same refinement for mouse toggle functions but is reasonably accurate, you also get a heap of other functionality including:
- Multiple navigation modes which include Direction-Pad, TouchPad, Keyboard mode, and Mouse mode;
- Cast your favorite streaming media like YouTube directly from your phone to TV
- Use Cetus Play to send applications to your TV or Android device
- Quickly launch your TV apps with one click on your phone;
- Clean cache and trash to speed up your TV with a one clicks trash function
- Screen capture function which allows you to take a picture of the screen in-app, cut and share on Social Media
- Cast local videos, photos, and files to your device
- Load your M3U Playlist directly to your TV
- Cast directly from links online
- Compatible with over 13,000 TV models, 250+ TV applications
What Apps Does it Compliment/are Required to Use It?
Mouse Toggle compliments any app and is well suited for Amazon Fire Stick users. For example, using Chrome on Fire Stick is frustrating without Mouse Toggle as well as most big-name Android TV applications.
Should I Use this App with a VPN?
When we are streaming different content, we use up a lot of internet data. When we exceed our limit, our Internet Service Provider (ISP) is throttling our bandwidth. That’s why we sometimes need to hide our online identities from them.
In order to mask our internet presence from our ISP, we need to use a VPN.
But we need to be careful in choosing the best VPN service. Because there are some VPNs that are free but not safe. In order to gain profit, they will sell your identity to different advertisers.
That is why we always recommend Surfshark. Because Surfshark is a tested and proven VPN service. It provides both safety and satisfaction to its users.
Note: For more information about Surfshark, please read our Surfshark Review.
Click here to get the lowest price on Surfshark through our exclusive limited-time offer.
How to Install Surfshark VPN on Firestick
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate towards the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
Learn more about Surfshark and Grab the Best Surfshark Deal Now!
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
Click here to get the lowest price on Surfshark through our exclusive limited-time offer.