What is Mouse Toggle?
One of the most underrated pieces of hardware on any computer is your mouse. A mouse pointer helps you quickly and easily navigate across a myriad of options. I mean can you imagine having to tab through Amazon on your keyboard.
Many applications on the Firestick have areas that can only be accessed using a mouse. This is especially true of applications that are sideloaded and thus not originally intended for the Firestick.
Some of the best Android TV streaming applications have been specially designed for touch screens. This is great on a tablet or phone but can become frustrating when using it on a TV. Without the touch function, you either have to click through each successive button or find a replacement for a mouse.
This is the void that Mouse Toggle helps fill. Mouse Toggle allows your Fire TV remote to act as a wireless mouse to a better level of accuracy than any other application currently on the market.
With over 50K downloads on Google Play and an average rating of 3.9/5.
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface
Steps to Install Mouse Toggle on a Fire TV Stick with Screenshots
1. Install the Downloader app and jailbreak your firestick by enabling unknown sources. To learn more about the procedure, you may read How to Install the Downloader App and Enable Unknown Sources.
2. Open Downloader. Type “reviewvpn.com/mouse” in the browser window and click Go (we do not host this file. we have merely set up a redirect)
3. The app will automatically install. Click on Open after installation (note delete the apk files after installation to save space on the Firestick)
4. On the Mouse Toggle screen wait until you see Status changed to started before trying to use the app
5. A popup should appear that asks if you want to allow USB debugging. Check the box that says always allow and click ok
How to Use Mouse Toggle?
Hit the play/pause button two times quickly to activate. You should see a bluish-purple circle appear on the screen. Hit the play/pause button and any other button to make it go away. When it is active, you can use it just like a mouse.
Video on How to Install Mouse Toggle on a Firestick
Where Is It Available?
In addition to the method we have just shown, you can also download Mouse Toggle from the Google Play Store. This will require you to download the app and then push it from your Android device to the Firestick.
You can read more about Mouse Toggle, at their official website
Like any other popular software make sure to only use the official website or a trusted provider. Many malicious parties will use similar-name websites to give you access to files that may be infected with malware. There are many antivirus programs available for Android that will allow you to scan the app if you get it from an unknown source. Bitdefender is both free and well respected.
What Features Does It Have?
Mouse Toggle offers:
- Turns your regular remote into a mouse
- Long Click
- Auto device discovery, the app will automatically discover your Amazon Fire device on startup and synchronize with it
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 184.108.40.206 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
How Do You Use It?
Download the App on your phone and then sync with your Android device.
Cetus Play is free with ads, and for $3 you can pay for the premium app and remove ads from the device.
When Was It Developed?
Mouse Toggle was released in 2016 and was last updated in June 2018 to work with the newest generation of Amazon Fire devices as well as other 3rd generation devices.
What Tools Does it Compliment the Most?
Most Android TV application has been developed for touch screen and therefore don’t have the user interface for remote controls.
We’ve found that browsers not intended for the Firestick, like Chrome, Opera, and Microsoft Edge, require Mouse Toggle to work. Also, many of the best live TV apps require Mouse Toggle. There are also a variety of applications that can work without it but work better with it. ES File Explorer is one that falls into this category. This is particularly true when trying to close windows.
The app has been going for a long time, and in 2016 and 2017 the developer would normally respond to comments directly.
However, when we took a closer look at the reviews from 2019 the app seems to be going downhill. The majority of users have it 1 star and said they were having problems getting it to work on their device.
It’s possible that if the developer has moved onto other applications that Mouse Toggle may need updating to allow it to work on newer devices and applications.
There seemed to be a lot of problems with the application not getting past the start screen, also for people using Fire TV (3rd gen UHD) you’ll need to reduce the resolution on your Fire TV Display setting from UHD (3840) down to 1080p. Which defeats the main reason for using a UHD device. Also, if the status for Mouse Toggle is stuck on ‘starting’ you need to run Mouse Toggle on your phone (or other devices) and run ‘troubleshoot’ and restart the service.
History / Is it in active development?
Mouse Toggle has been active since 2016, but there have been no updates since June 2018, from the reviews it seems as the app could really do with an update or the ratings may start to fall.
Much of the negative reviews have come over the past year as people report problems with functionality.
There are a Help section and email that you can use if you have persistent bugs, but other than there seems to be little way to get the app to work if you have persistent problems.
What Devices Does it Work On?
Mouse Toggle works with Android devices.
What Alternatives Exist?
Cetus Play is probably the best alternative, though it doesn’t offer the same refinement for mouse toggle functions but is reasonably accurate, you also get a heap of other functionality including:
- Multiple navigation modes which include Direction-Pad, TouchPad, Keyboard mode, and Mouse mode;
- Cast your favorite streaming media like YouTube directly from your phone to TV
- Use Cetus Play to send applications to your TV or Android device
- Quickly launch your TV apps through one click on your phone;
- Clean cache and trash to speed up your TV with a one clicks trash function
- Screen capture function which allows you to take a picture of the screen in-app, cut and share on Social Media
- Cast local videos, photos, and files to your device
- Load your M3U Playlist directly to your TV
- Cast directly from links online
- Compatible with over 13,000 TV models, 250+ TV applications
What Apps Does it Compliment/are Required to Use It?
Mouse Toggle compliments any app and is really well suited for Amazon Fire Stick users. For example, using Chrome on Fire Stick is really frustrating without Mouse Toggle as well as most big-name Android TV applications.
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”.
3. You can either say “IPVanish” to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the “IPVanish” icon.
5. Click on “Download”.
6. Wait to “Download”.
7. Wait to “Install”.
8. Click on “Open”.
9. Input your username and password to “Log In”.
10. Click “Connect”.