What is a Double VPN?
In this article, we will discuss a simple explanation about Double VPN.
What is a double VPN and when should you use it? This is a very technical question. Answers commonly come too technical as well. People who know a little about this stuff might not fully understand this. So to simplify, double VPN is basically two VPNs chained and working together at the same time.
Double VPN is also known as Multi-hop, or VPN chaining, nesting, and cascading. Using two different locations from two different VPNs to encrypt your online communications is the work of Double VPN. With this, your IP address is also from two different servers. So what we are saying is, it gives double protection to your online privacy.
How Does Double VPN Work?
Double VPN works in six different processes from the client to your destination website. Here is how it goes:
- VPN client to encrypt the data twice on the device.
- Encrypted data will then go to the first VPN server.
- The first VPN server will remove one encryption then change your IP location.
- The data with only one encryption will then go to the 2nd VPN server.
- All encryption will be removed by the 2nd VPN server as it changes the IP location again.
- Your decrypted data will now go to the destination site, app, or any end online destination.
How to Use Double VPN
Some VPNs have features that justify double VPN. But if you are using a service with no specific feature, you can still pair it with another.
Just make sure that your IP address changes twice.
To make sure that pairing two different VPNs work, you can conduct a leak test after turning on your 1st VPN and before turning on the second one.
Please take note that pairing two different VPNs might not work always, but some prove that it is working.
How to Create a Your Own Double VPN?
You can make your own Double VPN by using one VPN over another. Here’s how:
- Install a Virtual Machine on your PC, Desktop, or any device that is applicable.
- Install a VPN on your device and on the virtual machine.
- Using your device/pc, connect your VPN to a different country.
- Using your virtual machine, connect your VPN to another country.
- Now that you have your device’s VPN and virtual machine’s VPN connected to two different locations, you can now enjoy the benefits of having a Double VPN.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Double VPN
1. Dual Protection
Having one VPN gives a great deal of security. So imagine doubling up your wall of protection when you use a double VPN.
2. Twice the Encryption
Everything you have when using a VPN will be doubled. The double encryption will also double up the hardness of decoding your web traffic and prevents any leaks of your private data.
3. Two Locations
You can now access geo-restricted content of not just one country but two.
1. Not Internet Speed Friendly
Using a VPN supposedly gives you faster internet speed. But this is actually based on the server you chose. Since setting up a Double VPN gives twice the travel time from server to destination.
2. Servers are Limited
It is hard to mix and match two different servers when using a Double VPN. This only gives you fewer server options to choose from.
3. Consume a Lot of Battery Power
Using a Double VPN also doubles up the consumption of power for phones, PC, and any device’s batteries.
Best VPN for Streaming
You can use IPVanish VPN to create your own VPN chaining. This also offers split tunneling which can use for this kind of activity.
Other Features of IPVanish are:
- No Log Policy
- Can use on multiple devices with one account.
- Makes your internet speed faster.
- Best VPN for torrenting.
- Prevents Firestick Buffering and Kodi Buffering
Grab your subscription now!
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”
3. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the IPVanish icon.
5. Click on Download
6. Wait to download.
7. Wait to install.
8. Click on Open.
9. Input your username and password to log in.
10. Click Connect.
Double VPN is a great way to increase your privacy. As we all know, as technology evolves day by day, the means of cybercriminals to hack your data also increases.
There are just a few disadvantages that you need to consider by nonetheless, this is a good option for you.
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not own or operate any app nor does it endorse any. The main purpose of this article is strictly for educational purposes only.