Firefox Web browser Overview
Over two decades ago, the only browser that available to use the internet was Internet Explorer. As time passed by, a lot of advances were made in Technology and thus resulted in the creation of other web browsers that are better than the ancient IE. One of the browsers that emerged before Google Chrome was Mozilla Firefox. The day of its launch paved the way for a lot of exciting discoveries the internet has to offer and made our daily lives better because it helped with communication, research, and entertainment. Today, Firefox is still one of the leading web browsers of choice because of its upgraded security and privacy. In this article, we will highlight the new and exciting features of this version.
Is It Any Good
The version of Firefox that you can download on the Amazon App Store does not allow downloads and add-ons. This version though does allow downloads and add-ons but we must sideload it first using the downloader app.
Is Firefox Web Browser Safe and Virus-free?
We tested this app using VirusTotal and found no threats or any malicious files and malware.
Despite having good results, we still need to be vigilant in protecting our privacy while streaming.
A Virtual Private Network or VPN will definitely help us maintain our security and anonymity while using Firefox Web Browser.
Here’s how you can Install The Best VPN For Firestick and All Devices.
Installation Guide Firefox via Filelinked
- On the home screen, go to “Settings”.
- Select My Fire TV.
- Select Developer Options.
- Open Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Click Turn On.
- Head back to the home screen and select “Search”.
- Search Downloader and click “Downloader”. It will appear under the keyboard.
- Choose the “Downloader app”.
- Download it.
- Choose Open.
- Select Allow.
- Choose OK.
- Type in get.filelinked.com.
- Wait for it to finish.
- Install FileLinked.
- Select Done.
- This will automatically take you back to Downloader. Select Delete.
- Choose Delete Again.
- Head back to the home screen and under the “Your Apps & Channels” choose See All.
- Scroll down and choose FileLinked and select the “Options”. Then select “Move to front”.
- FileLinked will be moved forward to “Your Apps and Channels”.
- Open FileLinked.
- Once you have opened FileLinked, please input the code 67664537. This is our official FileLinked store.
- Scroll down and search for Firefox.
- Once you see it, click on the download button. It should finish in a matter of seconds.
- When the download is finished, you will see that the download icon will now become a play button. Click on it and install firefox.
- Select done.
- There you go, Firefox is now installed on your Firestick.
Note- This guide was a bit far from the regular guide we do. We wanted you guys to see the other amazing apps that we recommend by giving you access to our FileLinked store.
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
Screenshots With Step by Step Instruction Installation To Install Firefox via Filelinked
1. Install the Downloader app and jailbreak your firestick by enabling unknown sources. To learn more about the procedure, you may read How to Install the Downloader App and Enable Unknown Sources.
2.Open Downloader App. Type https://get.filelinked.com and click Go.
3. Select INSTALL.
4. Select OPEN.
5. Click on Enter Code!
6. Enter code 67664537.
7. Click on CONTINUE.
8. Select DISMISS.
9. Type in firefox and select Next.
10. Select Firefox 68.5.0 Android Version and download it.
11. Wait for the download to finish and click when it is done.
12. Select INSTALL.
13. Select OPEN.
14. There you go, you can now use Firefox.
Screenshots with Step by Step Instruction to Install Firefox 68.5.0 on a Firestick (Official)
1. Click FIND.
2. Click Search.
3. You can either say Firefox to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the Firefox icon.
5. Click on Download.
6. Select Keep Turbo Mode Enabled.
7. Click on the “Ok, got it” button.
8. Select Not now
9. There you go, Firefox is now installed on your Firestick.
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi. Currently, your IP 184.108.40.206 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider. Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN: A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 220.127.116.11 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
What Does It Do?
Firefox is a web browser that you can use to browse the internet for anything. This version gives you permission to download files and use the add-ons featured in-browser.
This version is compatible with the Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, Mac OS, Windows, Linux, IOS, and Android
- Top Sites
- Private Mode
- Thumbnails of sites you visit often
Pros and Cons
- Secure browsing
- Blocks ads and trackers via Privacy Badger
- Reverse Image Search
- Dark Mode via Dark Reader
- Some ads and pop-ups still manage even though the add-on the blocks them are active
- Mouse Toggle Required
Is It Safe To Use?
Firefox is one of the safest browsers to use.
Is It Legal Or Grey?
It is 100% legal to download and use.
Should I Use A VPN?
This is interesting because you can legally download it without the help of a VPN but what you do afterward depends if you will be needing one. If you are going to download stuff, we recommend that you use one because it will conceal your online activity and identity from your ISP. You will also need one if you are going to access content that is location restricted. Lastly, the VPN will help you speed up your downloads because it will thwart the efforts of your ISP to throttle your connection.
If you are in need of a VPN service, you can follow our step-by-step guide by clicking on this link.
Note: For more information about IPVanish, please read our IPVanish REVIEW.
How to Install IPvanish on your Firestick with Screenshots
You can download IPVanish directly from the Amazon App store. It will be easy for you to find IPVanish with your Firestick’s Find feature. Refer to our screenshots below.
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”
3. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the IPVanish icon.
5. Click on Download
6. Wait to download.
7. Wait to install.
8. Click on Open.
9. Input your username and password to log in.
10. Click Connect.
Is It Free?
Yes, it is free to download and install on your device.
Are There ADS?
There will be ads here and there depending on the website you visit. It can be minimized by integrating an ad-blocker add-on.
Is There A Premium Version?
There is no premium version but we believe that this version is already of such caliber for free.
Is There An Official Website?
Yes, there is an official website. You can go to https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/ and check out other related information regarding Firefox.
What Other Devices Does It Work On?
It can work with all devices that run on IOS and Android OS.
How Does The App Work?
Please follow the instructions we have stated above. It is pretty simple and you will get the hang of it in no time at all.
Minimum Version Required
Any Android device that has version 4.1 and above
How Long Has It Been Around?
Firefox was launched back on November 9, 2004, and has been running ever since.
What Is The Development Team Like?
The website provided educational articles that can help you should issues arise. Just visit their support page which is https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/.
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
Firefox withstood the test of time and is still one of the most reliable browsers people can use. With this version, you can freely use it to download anything using your firestick. You just have to get used to using it with a Mouse Toggle. It will be annoying at first but when you get the hang of it you will this dilemma tolerable. Just be careful with what you do with it and make sure that you are secured by a trusted VPN so that you won’t have any problems in the future.
We hope this article was able to help you install the newest version of Firefox on your Firestick. Should you need help, feel free to message us down below and we will reply promptly. Thank you for reading and stay safe!