How to Install Kodi On Firestick & Fire TV
This article will show you the best and easiest methods for how to install Kodi on your Firestick.
Kodi is one of the best reasons to buy an Amazon Firestick. It allows users to access thousands of free movies, free TV shows, songs, sporting events, live channels, and more through a single interface.
It can be customized with countless builds, add-ons, and skins to suit any taste. Despite all these great features, it isn’t intuitive, and installing Kodi on a Firestick requires the user to allow app installs from unknown sources. Some people refer to this as jailbreaking while others prefer the term sideload.
The user also needs to know how to find the correct files and download them to Firestick. Since the default browsers (Silk and Firefox) don’t allow downloads, this process isn’t as easy as it could be.
Don’t worry though. I am going to present the information you need to install Kodi in several methods. I’ll start by laying out the steps. Then I’ll show those steps next to screen captures from the FireStick. I’ve also made a video on the process.
Install Kodi on FireStick with Downloader App (Video)
Install Kodi on FireStick with Downloader App
The first method we’ll show you is how to install Kodi using the Downloader app. This app allows you to sideload applications that aren’t available on the Amazon Appstore. Furthermore, we’ll present 2 techniques for it: the first is from the official website, and the second is using Reviewvpn’s Kodi download link.
Using the Official Website
Getting the Kodi app from its official website ensures you get the most up-to-date and reliable version for any device, not just the Firestick.
To begin, if your Firestick has not yet been jailbroken, follow the simple steps below to jailbreak it to install Kodi on your device:
1. Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your Right. Click Setting (Gear Wheel Icon).
2. Scroll down and to the right until you get to My Fire TV. Click on it.
3. Select Developer options.
4. Turn on ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
5. Click Turn On when the pop-up appears.
6. Click Home, click FIND.
7. Click Search.
8. You can either say Downloader to your Alexa voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
9. Click on the Downloader Icon.
10. Click Download.
11. Click on Open.
12. Click on Allow.
13. Use the Downloader search tab.
14. Open the Downloader App. Type https://kodi.tv/download and click Go.
15. Scroll down the screen then Tap Download Now and select the Android icon once. Be patient because it might take it 30 seconds or so to load the next screen
16. Click on the 32-bit ARM version in the middle between Google Play and 64-bit ARM
17. The download should start (if it doesn’t, kick the screen a few times for good measure)
18. Click INSTALL.
19. After the Kodi App is installed, click OPEN (note, you will want to delete the APK in Downloader. You can do that at any point by going to Files and holding down on the APK file.)
20. Click Continue.
21. Click Allow allowing Kodi to access files on your device.
22. Kodi will then prepare for its first run.
23. Your new Kodi v20.2 (Nexus) installed on your firestick should now load. Enjoy!
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi. Currently, your IP 22.214.171.124 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider. Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN: A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 126.96.36.199 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
How Can You Use Kodi?
Kodi is one of the amazing media players that allow you to watch any kind of content for free such as Movies, TV shows, Kids, Sports, Love TV, and more. There are thousands of legal addons or official addons that you can install. The good thing is that there are also third-party or unofficial addons/builds to try. Visit this Link for a comprehensive list of legal Kodi addons. Some of the best legal addons for Kodi are:
- YouTube – a popular streaming service that serves you a lot of trending videos around the world.
- iPlayer WWW – TV and radio from BBC iPlayer
- Newsy – an American news network that brings you good news
- SpotiMC – adds Spotify to Kodi
- TuneIn Radio – tons of radio stations
- Crackle – free movies and TV shows from Sony (also in the Amazon Appstore)
- FilmsOn.TV-free movies
- Soundcloud – free music
- CNET Podcasts – a popular website that brings you all of the interesting, useful, and tech news that might matter to you.
- Red Bull TV – Brings you extreme footage on sports and adventures.
- Twitch – a popular online gaming video-sharing and live streaming platform.
- Pluto TV – a popular streaming service that offers you over 250+ live TV channels.
- Plex – an amazing streaming media player that lets you watch Free movies, Live TV shows, and more.
- PopcornFlix – it serves you with free movies.
If you are more grey, don’t worry because we have you covered too. There are also many builds chalked full of addons to stream all the latest movies and TV shows. Most of these rely on links from file lockers, although quite a few also use torrents. A handful relies upon Usenet too. Always remember to protect your privacy when using Kodi for movies and TV. Sign up for quality no-log VPN services, like Surfshark.
Best Kodi Repositories (Grey)
These are the popular Kodi repositories that store lots of popular and amazing addons and builds that you can try. These addons are safe to use but we suggest using a VPN such as Surfshark before using them.
- CmaN – http://cmanbuilds.com/repo
- Team Crew – https://team-crew.github.io/
- DejaVu – https://dejavurepo.github.io/
- Stream Army – http://streamarmy.co.uk/repo
- SouthPaw Lefty – https://southpawlefty2468rocky.com/repo
- Doomzday – https://doomzdayteam.github.io/doomzday
- EzzerMac – http://ezzer-mac.com/sg/wiz
- Fusion TV – https://fusion.tvaddons.co
Is Kodi Legal?
Kodi by itself or with addons from the official Kodi site is completely legal. Many people also sell what is referred to as Jailbroken firesticks or fully loaded Android TV. These devices are pre-loaded with the most popular grey addons for streaming movies, tv, porn, etc.
People in Britain get in serious trouble for selling these. Thus far, there hasn’t been a crackdown in America though. Britain also takes a harder line on the people hosting repositories. In the United States, they take the stance that they are not hosting any content directly but merely providing links.
That’s worked thus far, but in Britain, it is considered facilitating piracy. These jailbroken and fully loaded devices are a poor purchase for the customers too. The addons installed will inevitably break. The customers are either left with non-functioning devices or they have to learn how to install addons themselves as they could have done in the first place.
As for the people watching the content, the risks are more monetary. If you get caught uploading torrents or downloading movies, you could get sued. The porn companies are the most aggressive about this at the moment in a tactic akin to blackmail.
Most major media companies stepped away from the PR nightmare of suing their fans/customers caught pirating around 2005. Since then, they’ve sent notices to Internet Service Providers for copyright infringement. Customers who receive enough of these copyright infringement notices risk having their Internet turned off.
The French government once tried to implement a law called Hadopi that threatened to ban pirates from the Internet for life. While being banned from the Internet for life is a highly unlikely scenario, it is worth paying the few bucks for a good no-log VPN service, like Surfshark.
Best Downloader Alternatives to Install Kodi on a Firestick
If you don’t want to use Downloader or it happens to be down in the future, don’t worry because there are numerous ways to send files to your Firestick. Some of the best are:
- ADBLink (Mac, Windows, or Linux Computer)
- Apps to Fire (Android)
- Easy Fire (Android)
- Cetus Play (Android)
Click here to get the lowest price on Surfshark through our exclusive limited-time offer.
Stream Safely With a VPN
Kodi is a media player that allows you to stream on any addon, such as legal and unofficial addon. That is why we always suggest using a Virtual Private Network on your device before you stream online because you cannot assure that these addons (Legal or Unofficial) are safe to use. Some addons use unknown and unsafe sources to give you free streaming links, which can cause these privacy and security threats.
In terms of privacy and security, one of the best VPNs that you can rely on is Surfshark, whereas this VPN has an amazing list of features to offer with a quality of service. You can also ensure your privacy with Surfshark, as it uses a high standard of encryption that safeguards everything about you. With Surfshark on your device, you can now safely stream on any add ons of your choice without thinking of any security and privacy threats.
How to Install Surfshark VPN on Firestick
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
Follow our screenshots below to install the Surfshark VPN app on your Fire TV stick.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate towards the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of Surfshark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official Surfshark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You own it) button.
6. The Surfshark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. Surfshark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing Surfshark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the Surfshark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your Surfshark VPN account credentials.
Learn more about Surfshark and Grab the Best Surfshark Deal Now!
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
Alternatives for Kodi
How to Install Kodi on Firestick?
We provide a step-by-step guide for you to successfully install Kodi, kindly read and follow all of the steps that we mentioned above to install Kodi on Firestick.
Does Kodi Run Safely on Firestick?
Yes, Kodi runs safely and smoothly on Firestick, but to ensure your softness we suggest using a VPN such as Surfshark.
Can I Watch Live TV on Kodi?
Yes, you can watch on Live TV on Kodi using different addons. The good thing with streaming Live Tv on Kodi is, it does not have any kind of interruptions and allows you to watch live for free. Kindly read this article – Best Live TV Kodi Addons – to know the different addons where you can watch on Live Tv.
Does Updating Kodi Will Erase Everything You Currently Have?
Yes, because if you update your Kodi to the latest version, then you need to uninstall your current version of Kodi that is installed on your Firestick.
Kodi is one of the software that you can get on your Amazon Firestick to experience better streaming. It is also one of the reasons for you to buy a firestick, with this software you can now target any content that you want for free in a less buffering experience. The good thing with streaming online on Kodi is that it brings you smooth streaming with no pop-up ads to interrupt. So, if you are looking for amazing software to use, then this add-on is a good option for you. We hope that this article helps you to install Kodi on Firestick.
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not own or operate any app nor does it endorse any. The main purpose of this article is strictly for educational purposes only.