This article will help you install the Plex App on your Firestick and Android devices
The Plex app serves as a hub that stores all of the user’s media content. A server stores all of the media then the app transmits those media to any connected device known as clients.
All types of media apply to this app. Examples of this are photos, music, videos, games, podcasts, and many more.
It has the support of every major operating system.
Plex app also helps users to download all of their favorite content to watch and play on the app.
This app offers both free and paid subscription called the Plex Pass.
Using Plex Pass, you can watch and record live television from different popular channels like Fox, NBC, CBS, ABC, and many more. You can also download your media content and play them offline.
How to Download the Plex App on Android
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not host this APK file. It is hosted on Archive.org.
You can also download the app directly from the google app store. Click on this link to install the Plex App on your Android device.
Install the Plex App on Firestick Guide
- Go to Search
- Type in Plex
- Click on the suggestion
- Choose the Plex app icon when it appears
- Tap on the “Get” or “Download” button
- Wait for the app to be installed
- Select the “Open” button to launch the app
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
Install the Plex App on Firestick with Screenshots
1. Click FIND.
2. Click Search.
3. Type in the “Plex App” on your search engine and click the suggestion
4. Choose the Plex App icon when it appears on the screen
5. Click on the “Get” or “Download” button to install the app on your firestick device.
6. Let the application be installed on your device
7. Once the app is already installed on your device, click on “Open” to launch it.
How to Link the Plex app on your firestick with an existing account:
Since you can use this app with so many media devices, you can use an existing account for you to enjoy this app on your firestick. Hence, you can also create a new one if this would be your first time using the app. This process will help you login into your existing Plex account on your firestick device.
1. Upon launching the app, you will be given two choices as to whether to create a new account (sign up) or link an existing account (sign in). Choose “sign-in”.
2. The Plex app will give you a four-digit code. Using your phone or computer browser, visit the link to type in the generated code. Please be guided that before you get and type the code, you must be already logged in with your current Plex account.
Reminder: You must enter the given code on a specific time frame. GVD8 is just an example.
3. Type in the given code on your current account to link it to your firestick Plex app. Once you entered the code, click on “Link”.
4. You will receive a notification saying that you have successfully linked your account to your firestick Plex application.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 18.104.22.168 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
Client and Server Concept
The Plex app is considered to be a client-server media player.
The server is a personal computer wherein the user can use the app to organize a well-done catalog including all of the user’s personal media files such as videos, movies, and music.
The clients are the other devices that can be linked to the server. This includes the user’s phone or streaming device like firestick. Through the clients, the user can access his catalog from his server device.
One good thing is that it does not have to be linked to the same wireless LAN (WLAN) or wireless computer network. Meaning to say that you can access your catalog wherever, whenever.
Major Operating Systems and Network-attached Storage (NAS) Devices that Support the Plex app:
- Mac OS X
- Nightgear Nightwalk X10 router
- NVIDIA Shield
- Drobo, Netgear, QNAP, and Synology NAS devices
Server (PC) Requirements for Plex App:
For the PC requirement, the Plex app only requires at least an Intel Core i3 for the CPU of the server. However, if the application will be accessed by a lot of users at the same time, a much higher CPU version might be needed.
Other minimum requirements for the CPU:
- 720p transcode: Intel Core i3 3.0 GHz
- 1080p transcode: Intel Core i5 3.0 GHz
- 4000p transcode: Intel Core i7 3.2 GHz
- No transcoding: Intel Atom 1.2 GHz
Note: All NAS devices that are based on ARM processors should be capable of at least one stream with no transcoding
The transcoding capability of the Plex app mostly relies on the server (PC)’s CPU capacity.
The Plex app can transcode and convert the file or media from the server (PC) catalog to a different device (client). This is the main reason why sometimes the Plex app requires a higher version of the CPU because it needs more processing power, especially if the files to be transcoded are videos or movies.
List of possible devices or internet apps as clients for the Plex app:
- iOS devices
- Android devices (phones and tablets)
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Xbox One gaming console
- Microsoft Windows
- Google Chrome
- Google Chromecast
- Microsoft Edge
- Safari Web
- Apple macOS
- Smart TV
Additional Live TV features
One good thing about the Plex app is the additional live TV features that it offers.
The app currently has over 80 channels with different categories to choose from.
Now Plex app is an official member of the list of IPTV apps that you can enjoy on your device.
Can watch movies and TV shows for free
The Plex app has a streaming library of different movie flicks and TV shows for free. Keep in mind that the free version has advertisements.
Ability to download plugins
Another feature of the Plex app is the ability to support the download of plugins to access various shows and movies. Some of these plugins are free, and some are not.
There are a lot of available plugins for download that the Plex app supports.
Below are some of the many great plugins that users might check out to watch different content:
This plugin should be the first plugin to be installed on the Plex app. It is the mother of other plugins. Through the help of Web Tool, the user can be able to search and download other plugins.
The Trakt Scrobbler helps the users to track all of their progress in different channels and TV shows. When this plugin is synced to the user’s playlist, it will provide data about the ratings of the most-watched shows and series.
The IPTV plugin helps users to have a good quality experience on watching live TV using the Plex app. It is best when the user watches the live TV on the Plex server itself.
The FilmOn plugin also lets the user have a free cable TV experience on their Plex app. This plugin provides a lot of channels about sports, comedy, and even global content. The best thing about this plugin is it has no demographic restrictions.
This plugin is perfect for manga lovers that would like to read some content on their Plex app. It even lets the user go directly to the manga website.
The Sub-Zero plugin provides subtitles for each show having a foreign language for the user to easily understand them.
It is a general characteristic of the Plex server to track the activities of the clients connected to it. The Tautulli plugin helps the server to easily monitor even multiple clients without having any problem. This plugin gives the user the ability to know which client contributes the most to the streaming problem if there is any.
This is a very useful plugin in transferring the content of one user to another. This plugin is also organized based on the genres of content to be transferred.
Easy steps to Download Plugins on the Plex App:
- Make sure to download the Web Tool plugin first.
- On the Web Tool plugin, search and download a zip file of the plugin that you want to download.
- After downloading, extract the zip file and look for the folder with the name like plugin_name-bundle.
- Copy the folder and paste it to the Plex Plugins folder
- Right-click on the bottom tray and click “open plugin folder”
- Restart the Plex app and try the newly downloaded plugin
Plex Free VS Plex Press
- With advertisements
- The media server is unlimited
- Supports podcasts and web shows
- Streaming device for movies and series
- There is some clients (device) restriction – not all types of device as the client is acceptable
- Has a TIDAL 30-second song previews
- Supports all types of devices stated above on the list of possible devices or internet apps (clients) for the Plex app.
- Live TV and Digital Video Recorder (DVR) feature
- Mobile Sync
- Multiple Users
- Parental Controls
- Has extra music
- Cloud Media sync
- Has trailers and extras
- This Plex version is not free, but downloading other apps for Plex is free.
- Can restrict access by other accounts
- Gives early previews about the up-coming apps and features
- Offers three different payment deals:
- $4.99 per month
- $39.99 per year
- $119.99 lifetime
Stream Safely with a VPN
One of the major streaming problems is the bandwidth throttling done by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). They do such activity because streaming requires a lot of data. The effects of this are having a slow internet speed and a lot of buffering.
A VPN gives an extra layer of protection while streaming. We recommend IPVanish as the best VPN to use.
Here are the benefits when you subscribe to it:
- You can unlock geo-restricted content giving you a lot more access to so many more choices for your streaming needs.
- The IPVanish will make your IP address untraceable and connect you to a different server
- Mask your identity while using public wifi to eliminate hackers.
- Gives easy access and downloads from different torrent sites without being caught.
- Prevents Firestick Buffering and Kodi Buffering
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”
3. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the IPVanish icon.
5. Click on Download
6. Wait to download.
7. Wait to install.
8. Click on Open.
9. Input your username and password to log in.
10. Click Connect.
Alternative Applications for Plex App:
Plex App is very flexible for the users. It provides live TV, movies, and series.
For Live TV Apps
Locast provides live TV on most portions of the USA. Some areas cannot access the channels without a VPN.
Airy TV is a very wonderful app to watch live channels. The default channel of the app features news about stars.
Like Locast, you will need a VPN to access VUit outside of the USA.
Pluto TV is available only for some parts of the world like the USA, Canada, Australia, Latin America, and some parts of Europe. You will need a VPN as well if you’d like to access the app if you are not located in any of the said areas.
For more details about the live TV apps, check out the Best Live TV apps for Firestick review.
For TV and Movies Apps
Cinema HD is a very wonderful app to stream movies and TV series for free.
Stremio is a good app when it comes to media streaming. It has a good feature to unify everything in one place.
FilmPlus is another terrarium TV clone that is making its way to streaming movies and series.
Media Lounge offers both live TV, Movies, and TV series with more additional content. It also offers Sports TV and adult content.
Like Media Lounge, Strix offers the same features. It offers live tv, movies, series, sports, and adult films.
UK Turks App
UK Turks App offers one-click movies, TV shows, sports replay, concerts, documentaries, and many more.
Live Net TV
Live Net TV offers both live tv, movies, and series like Plex.
The Plex app started to be as a freeware hobby project in the year 2007. It was then initially released the year after.
Is the Plex app free?
The Plex app is 100% free, although this application also offers a paid subscription called the Plex Pass.
Is the Plex app legal?
The Plex app is legal and available for almost every device.
What is the best device to be a server of the Plex app?
There is no specific “the best” title given to any device, but most people use desktop PC as the server of their Plex app.
Is there a limit on the number of clients per server?
The good thing is there are no limits for the one server. You can have as many clients as you want. But make sure that the more clients; the higher version of a server device might be needed.
Are there any ads?
There are advertisements when you are subscribed to the free version of the app.
How can I watch shows on Plex?
The Plex app caters to feature some movies and TV shows for free. On the other hand, the user can also download some content and watch it using the Plex app.
What to do if there are Amazon Firestick Plex Issues arises?
You can submit your issues and concerns to the Plex web app.
With all of the wonderful features of the Plex app, we can say that it is a very useful application on your firestick device. Because of its server-client feature, you can easily access all of the locally installed content on your server device wherever you are as long as there is an internet connection.
Another thing is since your firestick has a storage limit, having a Plex app would be a great help in saving some of your device’s memory. Plex allows you to access your media contents on your server device without sacrificing most of your storage space.
Overall, we can say that the Plex app is amazingly handy and great. It is so worth it to check out and try.
We hope that this article helps you in learning about the Plex app and how to install it on your Android and Firestick devices.
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not own or operate any app nor does it endorse any. The main purpose of this article is strictly for educational purposes only.