Is it Any Good?
Tea TV is one of the oldest android tv application still around. Now almost 2 year’s old. They have developed an enormous library of 3rd party content which can also be directed straight from source. They have a solid community including their own sub-Reddit and Facebook Group and have become well established on the Android TV scene.
What Does it Do?
Tea TV acts like a 3rd party scraper, gathering titles from across the web as well as the cover art and putting them together in a clean and easy to use format.
They are one of the few providers who also have a worked iOS and Windows version which can be downloaded from their website.
Tea TV offers an all in one package of a great library, good support and subtitles as well as a responsive development team.
Simply download the client and get going without even needing to register
What Platforms Does it Work On?
Tea TV has working applications for Android, iOS and Windows
- 1080p and HD support
- In app tutorials
- Search suggestions
- External media player support
- Fast Providers
- Fire TV compatible
- Live TV
- Multiple language support
- Open Subtitle support
- Real Debrid and Trakt compatible
- Premiumize compatible
- Sort and Filter functions
- Chromecast support
- Auto Play and Auto Next
- Search by multiple filters including actor/actress name
Pros and Cons
- Enormous library of high-quality media
- Solid support from multiple developers
- Compatible with a wide range of external media players and sources including Trakt (allowing you to resume watching where you left off) Real Debrid (import tons of new titles) and Premiumize (allow for fast download of torrents)
- Supports multiple languages and Open Subtitle accounts
- Application has history and is currently on Version 9 with clear indication that the development team is responsive to community feedback and actively fixes bugs
- Clean and easy user interface
- Powerful sort and filter functions
- Ability to download directly from the media source
- Auto Play and Auto Next function which is often missing from other providers
- Support for multiple operating systems is rare
- No registration needed for anonymity
- Caution is advised when downloading material from 3rd party sources, Tea TV has no in-built virus scanner
- Malware reported on their desktop application when downloaded from unofficial sources
- No streaming from torrents
- Contains Ads, but no premium package to remove the ads
Is it Safe to Use?
Yes, the application is available to download from the Amazon Store. There have been reports of the Desktop application containing malware, so make sure you always download the package from their official website
Is it Legal or Grey?
Grey, Tea TV hosts a wide range of copyrighted materials. If it does not store this material on it’s servers by allowing access and collating these links it is carrying out copyright piracy, always use a VPN or you will find that Tea TV will be blocked
Should I Use This App With a VPN?
Yes, without a VPN Tea TV would almost certainly be blocked by your ISP as they allow access to illegal torrents and copyrighted material. Using a VPN will obscure your IP and your traffic allowing you to watch in peace.
We also recommend using Malwarebytes to scan any downloads of the Tea TV client if it comes from an unofficial source. A VPN will also allow you to anonymize and reduce the risk of being targeted by a hacker with malware.
Always download material from 3rd party sites at your own risk and make sure you scan it before opening, you may be better advised to download from a torrent site where the file has been scanned and verified.
Is it Free?
Yes, Tea TV make their money through Ads
Are There Ads? (If it has ads is there a modded version)
Yes, ads are served within the application
Is There a Premium Version?
There is no premium version, so you have to suffer the ads. We suspect this is to prevent modded applications which are ad free and not paid for
Is There an Official Website?
Yes, Tea TV have got a really lovely looking site, as well as an active blog which we don’t see very often.
Find Tea TV at: https://teatv.net
What Other Devices Does it Work On?
Tea TV will work on all Android based devices as well as iOS devices and also on Windows Desktop. So basically, anything apart from Linux, which you could make work with an android emulator
How Does the App Work?
You either download the app from the Amazon Store, Apple Store, Google Play or direct from the website
What is the Minimum Version of Android I Need?
How Long Has it Been Around?
Based upon their Facebook Group creation date we can see they are around 2 years old
Is it a Terrarium Clone?
What is the Development Team Like?
Though we couldn’t find much about the development we are guessing there is more than one. Putting out an iOS app, as well as Windows desktop application takes more than one developer. Also, their Android application receive regular updates and patch functions
Good alternatives would be TV Zion, Cinema HD and Bee TV
Tea TV is really impressive. The one drawback being that some of their users would be happy to pay if it removed the advert, though considering the problems that TV Zion has had we can hardly blame them.
They are one of the few applications that will run on your iPhone as well as your Windows Desktop which shows that the development team have ploughed money and time into ongoing development.
Also, they offer an impressive range of media, along with powerful sort and filter functions which are so important with big libraries. Many times, we see sort functions that either don’t work or show content that no longer exists.
A great application to use that has stability, history and community support.
Total Score: 9.8
Total Score: 9.6
Total Score: 9.3
Total Score: 8.7
Total Score: 8.5