This article will show you how you can install the SYFY app on your Firestick and Android devices.
The SYFY app is a free streaming application from the NBC Universal family that offers movies and live TV at the same time. You can watch a lot of genres for movies and TV shows like thriller, fantasy, and more. For live TV, you can watch other shows from other NBC channels like USA channel, Bravo, CNBC, E!, Telemundo, and more.
Before you can start streaming for free on the SYFY app, you need to register for an account, and there is no monthly subscription or cable service needed to watch any shows.
In order to install the SYFY app on Firestick, you need to jailbreak your Firestick first and use the Downloader app. You should also use a reliable VPN service to bypass geo-restrictions and stream privately without any trackers. Continue reading to learn more.
How to Install SYFY on Firestick (Video)
SYFY APK Download for Android Devices
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not host this APK file. It is hosted by Archive.org
How to Install SYFY on Firestick
1. From your home screen, go to Settings.
2. Scroll down and to the right until you get to My Fire TV. Click on it.
3. Select Developer options.
4. Turn on ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
5. Click Turn On when the pop-up appears.
6. Click Home, click FIND.
7. Click Search.
8. You can either say Downloader to your Alexa voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you type it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
9. Click on the Downloader Icon.
10. Click Download.
11. Click on Open.
12. Click on Allow.
13. Use the Downloader search tab.
14. Type https://reviewvpn.com/syf and click go.
15. Wait for the APK to be downloaded.
16. Click install
17. Click open.
18. Click Let’s get started
19. Sign Up for a Free Profile and start watching.
20. SYFY is now installed! Enjoy!
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 126.96.36.199 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
SYFY App Features
- 100% free
- Not geo-restricted
- Offers tons of movies and live TV channels
- Applicable on different devices
- Requires registration
Pros and Cons
- Lots of channels and shows are available
- Not available on Amazon App Store
- Need to register first before streaming
Stream Safely With A VPN
We have to be careful when installing third-party apps on our devices. We are not familiar with the main sources from where these files were taken and even the sources of the shows and links they provide. It can be linked or hosted by malicious files that can harm our privacy and track our location and information.
To avoid these threats, and be safer when streaming, we need to use a reliable VPN service. A VPN is a powerful tool that can hide your IP address and provide a new one that can block all trackers from accessing your personal information and location. It can also bypass geo-restrictions giving access to a lot of apps, features, and websites safely.
If you are looking for the best one, Surfshark VPN is the best choice to secure your privacy against malicious trackers. It has the best military-grade VPN encryption in all of its available servers worldwide.
If you want to know more, read our SurfShark VPN review.
Other SurfShark Features
- 3200 servers available in 100+ countries
- Best VPN for torrenting
- Destroys geo-restriction
- Dedicated IP
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Cloud Storage
- P2P friendly VPN
- SOCKS5 Proxy
- Allows Torrenting
- Kill Switch
- Split Tunneling
- DNS Leak Protection
- Prevents Firestick Buffering and Kodi Buffering
For more details about this VPN, read our SurfShark review.
Grab your subscription now!
How to Install Surfshark on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
You can download Surfshark directly from the Amazon App Store. It will be easy for you to find Surfshark with your Firestick’s Find feature. Refer to our screenshots below.
Follow our screenshots below to install the SurfShark VPN app on your Fire TV stick.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate toward the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You Own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
Click here for the lowest price on Surfshark through our exclusive limited-time offer.
Best SYFY App Alternatives
Aside from SYFY, there are many great apps that offer live TV channels, and movies at the same time to stream on Firestick and Android. Here are the best SYFY alternatives.
What is SYFY?
SYFY is another platform from the NBC Universal family. It offers bot movies and live TV channels to stream on any device like Android and Firestick.
Is the SYFY App Legal?
ReviewVPN.com cannot determine the legality of any app or website. This article is for educational purposes only. To ensure that you are safe from any legal matters regarding the apps and websites you are using, use a VPN service like Surfshark.
Is the SYFY App Safe?
To ensure your safety and security when using the SYFY app on your devices, use a reliable VPN service like Surfshark VPN.
Is the SYFY App Free?
Yes. The SYFY app is 100% free but you need to register for an account to start streaming on this app.
SYFY is another great app to watch movies and TV shows for free. To stay safe from any trackers while streaming on any app such as SYFY, you need to use a reliable VPN like Surfshark.