Turbo VPN Overview
In this write-up, we will be providing a step-by-step guide on how to install Turbo VPN on a Firestick.
Turbo VPN is the most popular free VPN service on the Google Play Store.
However, we do not recommend this VPN for reasons we will discuss later in this article. It is relatively simple although you will need to use another third-party app called Mouse Toggle to make it work. You can follow this guide to install it on your device:
Since Turbo VPN is not available on the Amazon App Store, you will need to jailbreak your firestick. Please refer to this tutorial:
You will also need the Downloader App to sideload Turbo VPN on Firestick and here is how you do it:
How to Install Turbo VPN APK on Android
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not host this APK file. It is hosted on Archive.org.
Install Turbo VPN on Firestick
- Go to Settings and select Device.
- Choose Developer Options
- Turn on the ADB Debugging and Apps From Unknown Sources
- After turning these options on, launch the Amazon App Store on your device
- Search and Download Downloader
- Install Downloader and launch it after installing it.
- Choose Allow and Select Ok
- Type in https://reviewvpn.com/turbo Go
- Wait for it to finish and then select Turbo VPN
- Select Done
- This will automatically take you back to Downloader. Select Delete
- Choose Delete one more time
- Head back to the home screen and under the Your Apps & Channels select Choose All
- Scroll down and select Turbo VPN and select the Options.
- Then select Move to Front
- Turbo VPN will be moved forward to Your Apps and Channels
- After this, you will see Turbo VPN and click it to launch.
Install Turbo VPN On Firestick with Screenshots
- Click Settings from the home screen of your Firestick
2. Scroll down and to the right until you reach My Fire TV
3. Scroll down one and click on Developer Options
4. Turn on ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources
5. Turning on Apps from Unknown Sources will trigger a confirmation popup. Click Turn On to Confirm
6. Click the home button on your remote and scroll once to the left to click on the magnifying glass icon
7. Search for Downloader either by saying it to your voice-enabled remote or typing. If typing, scroll to the suggested word “Downloader” and click on it
8. Click on the bright orange Downloader icon
9. Click on Download (it might say get on your device. Same difference)
10. Click on Allow
11. Click on OK
12. Type http://reviewvpn.com/turbo
13. Click Install.
14. Click open to launch Turbo VPN.
What Is Turbo VPN?
A virtual private network is a software that encrypts your IP address thereby making your online data on the internet service providers network appear private and secure. Turbo VPN is a well known virtual private network service provider.
Turbo VPN offers its user free VPN service. However, turbo often comes as an Android and iOS App. A recent statement by Google play store team says that a Turbo VPN has reached over 50 million installations. This is a huge number for any software company.
Turbo VPN allows users to have access to Europe, Asia, North America, and South America server locations. One good side of the Turbo VPN is that has no bandwidth restrictions.
Why Turbo VPN is Recommended on FireStick
Using a VPN on your firestick will save you lots of headaches. As we all know, accessing the internet without a VPN will make your online data vulnerable to third party bodies such as an internet service provider and the government.
However, using the firestick to stream video content without VPN will leave your online data insecure and public; meaning that your data is public and can be seen by anyone on the internet service providers network (ISP) and whatever you stream might be recorded. Not only that, but you are also a potential victim to hackers.
Another good reason why installing a good VPN such as a Turbo VPN on your firestick device is that you will be able to stream from anywhere around the globe. Top streaming apps such as Hulu and Netflix have a top-notch location restriction feature. To use such service installing a VPN is recommended.
With turbo VPN on your firestick, you will be able to stream from locations that have restrictions without any issues. Turbo VPN enhances internet speed while limiting internet service provider throttling. Turbo VPN has a feature that helps in bypassing ISP throttling.
Best Turbo VPN Alternative
We have reviewed other free VPNs like Windscribe and found that it is so so.
The best alternative to Turbo VPN is still a premium VPN service like IPVanish.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- It grants users access to geo-restricted content.
- Allows users to browse, stream, and download content anonymously. All online activities will never be traced back to the user.
- Provides the best security when accessing public internet connections.
- It is the best solution for Firestick Buffering and Kodi Buffering as well.
How to Install IPVanish on a Firestick
- Once you open your Firestick, click once to the left to gain access to the search button.
- Type in IPVANISH
- Select IPVANISH
- Choose Download
- Wait for a couple of seconds for the download to finish.
- After the download finished, click on Install
- Once it finishes installing, select Open
- Type in your username and password
- Choose Connect.
- There you go, you can now stream or download content.
Install IPVanish on Firesticks with Screenshots
1. Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your left. It will be the search icon.
2. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
3. Click on the IPVanish icon.
4. Click on Download
5. Wait to download.
6. Wait to install.
7. Click on Open.
8. Input your username and password to log in.
9. Click Connect.
Note: Learn more about this excellent VPN by reading our IPVanish Review.
Which VPN is Good for a Firestick?
As at the time of writing this article, Turbo VPN has been offering excellent VPN service on a firestick device.
One good side of the Turbo VPN is that it is %100 free to use.
So if you are searching for a good VPN for you’re Amazon firestick device, then a Turbo VPN is for you.
Is Using Turbo VPN The Best Privacy Solution For Your Amazon FireStick Device?
The answer to the above question is No.
Installing Turbo VPN on your firestick device is highly recommended but might not offer much-needed privacy and security in the long run.
Be that as it may, installing Turbo VPN on a firestick sometimes is difficult. This is because Turbo VPN is not designed for Amazon devices such as firestick or fire TV.
However, as Turbo VPN originated from china, a lot of experts suggest that since China is a country with the lowest privacy rate, that using its VPN might not offer much-needed privacy or still; steal users’ information for third party body such as government.
But then again, users attest that so far, Turbo VPN offers excellent VPN service ranging from bypassing geolocation to Keeping their online data private and secure.
Issues With Using Turbo VPN?
Using a Turbo VPN has issues associated with it. This is because of a turbo VPN owned by the Chinese company.
One would wonder why is a country where VPNs are illegal offering a free VPN; it is a critical question needing a critical answer.
Turbo VPN offers a great VPN service and it is free to use.
However, the security and privacy turbo VPN can offer is questionable; this is because turbo VPN is from china (china is not a VPN friendly country).
Turbo VPN is not the best VPN for firestick in the market but it offers excellent VPN service. They are worth trying out.
However, if you want more security on your device, we recommend IPVANISH VPN.
We hope that this article helps you with how to install Turbo VPN on Firestick and other android devices. Thank you for reading!
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not own or operate any app nor does it endorse any. The main purpose of this article is strictly for educational purposes only.