In this article, we will show you how to install the F-Droid app on your Fire TV stick.
Are you searching for an Android app provider similar to the Filelinked app? If yes, search no more. We just have a good app to recommend!
Let us acquaint you with the wonderful features of F-Droid. Similar to other app providers, F-Droid is an installable app library. An F-Droid app is an open-source software making it perfect for uploading different apps. Users can also download apps by getting their installer files.
F-Droid functions as a client app for downloading the latest APK uploads. All the apps available from the F-Droid repository are compatible both with Android and Fire OS devices.
The F-Droid client app makes it easier for users to browse, install, and periodically update their devices.
F-Droid features a wide collection of Free Open-Source Software (FOSS).
We also provide an F-Droid APK download link for your Android device. Afterward, we will teach you how to install the F-Droid app on your Fire TV stick. You only have to Jailbreak your Fire TV Stick and sideload the app for its successful installation.
F-Droid app for Android Devices
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not host this APK file. It is hosted by Archive.org
How to Install F-Droid on your Fire TV stick
Follow our simple guide below to install the F-Droid app on your Fire TV stick. Use the downloader app for getting its APK file.
- Open your Firestick Settings Tab. (Gear Wheel Icon).
- Scroll down and to the right until you get to My Fire TV. Click on it.
- Select Developer options.
- Turn on ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Press the Turn On when the pop-up appears.
- Click Home and press on FIND.
- Press on Search.
- You can either say Downloader to your Alexa voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
- Click on the Downloader Icon.
- Tap on Download.
- Click on Open.
- Press on the Allow button.
- You can now use the Downloader app.
- Type in reviewvpn.com/fdr and click on Go.
- The F-Droid app’s APK file will download on your device.
- Tap on the Install button after the download completes.
- The F-Droid app will automatically install on your Fire TV stick.
- Launch the F-Droid app by clicking on the Open button.
- Let us now click on an available app from the F-Droid app’s repository. [e.g. Simple Sudoku Game]
- When the download page for the Simple Sudoku Game app opens, click on the Install button.
How to Install F-Droid on your Fire TV stick (Screenshots)
To successfully install the F-Droid app on your Fire TV stick, just follow our screenshots below:
1. Open your Firestick Settings Tab. (Gear Wheel Icon).
2. Scroll down and to the right until you get to My Fire TV. Click on it.
3. Select Developer options.
4. Turn on ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
5. Press the Turn On when the pop-up appears.
6. Click Home and press on FIND.
7. Press on Search.
8. You can either say Downloader to your Alexa voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
9. Click on the Downloader Icon.
10. Tap on Download.
11. Click on Open.
12. Press on the Allow button.
13. You can now use the Downloader app.
14. Type in reviewvpn.com/fdr and click on Go.
15. The F-Droid app’s APK file will download on your device.
16. Tap on the Install button after the download completes.
17. The F-Droid app will automatically install on your Fire TV stick.
18. Launch the F-Droid app by clicking on the Open button.
19. Let us now click on an available app from the F-Droid app’s repository. [e.g. Simple Sudoku Game]
20. When the download page for the Simple Sudoku Game app opens, click on the Install button.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
Features of the F-Droid app
- Free software provider.
- Functions as a client app for downloading Android apps.
- Users of the F-Droid app can donate various applications.
- The F-Droid app functions as a catalog of FOSS (Free and Open Source Software).
- F-Droid app users will find it easier to search and download files from its user interface.
- Check out the latest app uploads for your Android and Fire TV device.
- Helps you update your device periodically.
Technical Specifications of the F-Droid app
Here are the Technical Specifications of the F-Droid app. You will learn about its file size, latest version, and operating system requirements.
F-Droid App User Interface
- Clean and simple UI
- Presents different Tab sections
- Built-in search engine (Click on the Magnifying Glass icon for searching apps)
- Latest Apps
- Click on any available app you want to install.
- F-Droid provides an Install button for each available Android app.
Grab your subscription now!
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”
3. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the IPVanish icon.
5. Click on Download
6. Wait to download.
7. Wait to install.
8. Click on Open.
9. Input your username and password to log in.
10. Click Connect.
Pros and Cons
- 100% Free
- Contains thousands of free or paid Android apps.
- Functions as a client app for discovering new Android app uploads.
- Users may contribute different Android apps.
- Provides an easy Install button for the latest apps.
- Easy to navigate user interface.
- Presents minimal details for each app.
- Do not feature some security settings like code protection.
- Apps can easily be downloaded by any visitor.
Download Android Apps with a VPN
Searching for different apps for your Android device can sometimes be a difficult task. Either the app you want contains geo-restrictions, your ISP is reducing your internet speed, or you simply cannot find a working APK. Browsing apps on the web can lead you to visit websites with cyber threats.
For the best results when Android-app hunting online – we recommend you to use IPVanish VPN. The IPVanish VPN is an excellent companion which will keep you safe. It will also share with you some benefits:
- Faster Upload and Download speed.
- Supports large file downloads (APKs, ZIP files, Game EXEs, etc.)
- Make you anonymous while browsing the internet.
- Provide you with an undetectable IP address.
- Pass your internet traffic through virtual tunnels with encryption.
- Prevent buffering and stuttering both on your Kodi and Fire TV stick.
Alternative Apps for the F-Droid App
Suppose you dislike some of its features, we have a list of alternative apps that work the same as the F-Droid app.
If you want more apps, check out our article showing you the Best App Store Archives.
Is F-Droid free?
Yes. You don’t have to pay for anything to download and install the app.
Is it safe to use?
Yes, there are no cyber threats, viruses, and malware while using the F-Droid app.
How is the F-Droid app similar to the Filelinked app?
The F-Droid app allows its users to upload various Android apps. It differentiates itself by presenting a user-friendly interface without the hassle of typing codes.
For avid users of online app repositories, we recommend you download and install the F-Droid app. The F-Droid app is free to use. You will have a wide selection of Android apps to choose from. All of the apps are downloadable without the need for typing any code when launching the app.
We hope this article helps you install and use the F-Droid app on your Fire TV stick.
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not own or operate any app nor does it endorse any. The main purpose of this article is strictly for educational purposes only.