Firestick Sound Not Working
This article will show you all the best ways to fix the Firestick sound not working.
If you are experiencing some audio problems on your Firestick and Fire TV device, there is a slight problem. Do not worry too much. The firestick sound not working is a very fixable issue. Here are some of the possible reasons why your Firestick is not making sound.
Firestick really runs into some problems from time to time. Most of them are easy to troubleshoot by only restarting your device. But if restarting your device still doesn’t solve the problem, then it’s time to try other methods.
Do not let this Firestick sound not working problem ruin your best streaming experience.
Always keep in mind that it is also important to keep yourself protected while streaming on your device. Use a very reliable VPN to ensure your privacy.
Without further ado, let’s get into the best ways to fix the Firestick Sound Not Working issue.
How to Fix Firestick Sound Not Working
1. Unmute your Fire TV
Most of the time, the only reason why your Firestick sound is not working is that your Fire TV is muted. Check if your TV is not muted ad try to increase the volume.
Some users are using an external sound system, double check if they are working fine as well.
2. Restart your Firestick
Easily restart your device and check if your problem with your Audio is solved.
Follow the simple guide below to restart your device:
- Got to Settings
- Choose My Fire TV
- Select Restart and confirm
- Wait for your device to turn on again
3. Reset Your Firestick
You will be amazed how a lot of Firestick issues are solvable by just resetting your device. Turn off your TV, unplug your connections, and wait for a few minutes before plugging them all in again.
Check your device if you still experience Firestick sound not working.
4. Check your Internet Connection
If you are experiencing some glitches while streaming movies and TV shows on your Fire TV, this might be because of a slow internet connection.
Audio delay is commonly the problem when your internet connection is slow. Connect your device to s better and faster internet connection.
5. Choose the Best Available Surround Sound for your Firestick
Different apps prefer different types of surround sound. If you are using a soundbar with Disney+ and Netflix, it is better to use Dolby Digital. The problem is not all soundbar is compatible with Dolby.
When using Firestick, the best option is to choose the best available surround sound. Here’s how:
- Go to Settings
- Choose Display & Audio
- Select Audio
- Scroll to Surround Sound
- Choose Best Available
6. How to Fix Audio and Video Synchronization
If you are experiencing an audio delay while watching, here is how you can fix it:
- Go to Settings
- Choose Display and Audio
- Select Audio
- Click AV Sync Tuning
This will automatically fix your problem. It is a default audio player that will sync your video and audio.
7. Use a Soundbar
A soundbar can enhance your audio experience while streaming on your Fire TV. Manually manage soundbar equipment to your Firestick to recognize it.
- Go to Settings
- Choose Equipment Control
- Scroll Manage Equipment
- Select Soundbar
8. Make sure your TV’s HDMI Port is Audio Supported
Although mostly all available televisions right now have HDMI audio-supported ports, there are some out there that might not be.
Make sure to have a compatible, audio-supported HDMI port on your device.
Stream Safely with a VPN
Devices such as Firestick can track the user’s online activities. Also, your Internet Service Provider or ISP can observe your streaming and throttle your connection. These are just some of the reasons why you should protect your privacy. Stream safely using a Virtual Private Network or VPN.
A VPN is a tool that will hide your real IP address and provide a new one that will grant access to geo-restricted content and protect your identity.
We suggest using nothing but the best VPN in the market today which is SurfShark. SurfShark can unblock the most popular streaming platforms and give the best available server from your desired location.
To know more, read our Surfshark VPN review.
Best SurfShark Features
- 3,200+ servers from 100+ locations across the globe
- Military-grade encryptions and VPN protocols
- Unblocks all popular streaming platforms like Netflix, Hulu, YouTube and more
- Connect unlimited devices simultaneously
- Strictly follows the Zero-log policy
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Cloud Storage
- P2P friendly VPN
- SOCKS5 Proxy
- Allows Torrenting
- Kill Switch
- Split Tunneling
- DNS Leak Protection
- Prevents Firestick Buffering and Kodi Buffering
Grab your subscription now!
How to Install Surfshark on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
You can download Surfshark directly from the Amazon App store. It will be easy for you to find Surfshark with your Firestick’s Find feature. Refer to our screenshots below.
Follow our screenshots below to install the SurfShark VPN app on your Fire TV stick.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate toward the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
Click here to get the lowest price on Surfshark through our exclusive limited-time offer.
Firestick Sound Not Working is just a common issue that most users may encounter. If you happen to experience this, you don’t have to worry. Just follow and try the simple solutions above and you will eventually solve your problem.
We hope that you find this article helpful in fixing Firestick sound not working problems.