Following CucoTV’s recent shutdown, this article will outline the best CucoTV alternatives accessible for streaming.
There are instances when, like any other streaming service available online, they confront controversy over the movies and series that they provide. CucoTV is, regrettably, one of them today.
Despite the fact that CucoTV promises to provide legal streams to its viewers, the company was sent a DMCA notice, which resulted in their service being shut down. Sky UK Limited requested that this well-known streaming app be removed because it was reportedly distributing copyright shows on its platform.
And, given the success of Sky’s shutdown request, you might be asking what the best alternatives are right now. As a result, we’ve compiled a list of the best ones available today. You may also rest certain that these apps have been verified, so you won’t have to worry about the legality of the apps featured in this article.
Furthermore, that is why it is always advisable to use a VPN when accessing any content online. This is to protect your personal information from being exposed to apps and websites that you use for whatever reason, especially if you are uncertain about their legality. This prevents your IP address and activity logs from being stored on the apps and websites you visit.
Best CucoTV Alternatives
The best CucoTV alternatives to install and use on your Firestick are listed below:
Tubi TV, an excellent alternative to CucoTV, is first on our list. It’s a must-have streaming app because it gives you access to over 35,000 free movies and TV series. It’s ad-supported, so you won’t have to question why it’s free considering the number of streams available on their app or website. As a result, you don’t have to worry about it being legal because you can watch whatever content you want using their app. Furthermore, as previously stated, you can watch using their app or website, so they can match your streaming preferences regardless of platform. In addition, it is available through TV, phone, tablet, or laptop.
- Continue watching your favorite shows from where you left off.
- It has a channel guide (EPG)
- Allows you to save shows to your watch list for later viewing.
- Supports closed captioning.
- Allows you to navigate the menu on the screen using text-to-speech.
- There is parental control accessible to filter the content that can be viewed and accessed.
You may learn more about Tubi TV by reading this article.
PopcornFlix comes in second on our list of the best CucoTV alternatives. It’s also free and doesn’t require a subscription, but it ensures that you’re watching legal content. The nicest part about this app is that you won’t have to sign up because you’ll be able to find movies and episodes straight after you open it. It also offers a website for individuals who like to watch videos on streaming services. Its categories include Action, Comedy, Crime, Documentaries, Drama, Horror, Sci-Fi, Sports, Thriller, and more. As a result, you’ll never run out of options for anything you want to watch at the moment. Aside from that, it includes PopcornFlix Originals, which offers users exclusive content.
- User-friendly UI.
- Quick set-up and easy to navigate.
- Free HD-quality films.
- One-click play streaming.
- Closed captioning is supported.
- Offers ad-supported free streaming to users.
To know more about Popcornflix, you may read this here.
If you’re into streaming then you’re probably familiar with Plex. It’s a popular Amazon app that lets you watch and listen to free movies, TV episodes, sports, and music. It also provides over 250 live TV channels and 50,000 free on-demand titles. It’s a terrific deal because, although free, it gives HD quality videos to its users. Apart from that, it works globally, so you won’t have to worry about geo-restrictions when watching Plex content.
- Free live TV, movies and TV shows, sports, and music.
- Provides an EPG for their live TV content.
- Add shows to your watchlist for later viewing.
- Stream and share your videos and music across all of your devices.
- Move your favorite live Tv channels to the top of the list to personalize your experience.
- Its search tool makes it simple to find titles.
- It has a movie trailer in its movies section.
- Playing is as simple as clicking a button.
- There is a sleep timer accessible.
- It contains a playback feature that lets you shuffle and replay movies.
If you want to learn more about Plex, read here.
Crackle is also one of the best CucoTV alternatives because it offers legal movies and TV shows to watch for free. However, it is only available in the United States, so you’ll need an active VPN subscription to see its content. Nonetheless, it provides access to hundreds of movies and TV shows, so having a VPN is well worth it. Apart from that, it’s a simple and easy-to-use streaming app, so you won’t have any trouble watching your favorite movies and shows with it.
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi. Currently, your IP 184.108.40.206 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider. Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN: A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 220.127.116.11 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
- You can request Movies or shows that you would want to see on Crackle
- Crackle provides free official copyrighted videos.
- Because it is ad-supported, you will occasionally encounter adverts.
- Allows you to use the same account on multiple devices.
- Supports Amazon Fire TV and Firestick, Android, iOS, Chromecast, Roku, XBOX1, Playstation, and a variety of other devices.
To know more about Crackle, you may read this article.
Pluto TV is the last but certainly not least of our best CucoTV alternatives. Though Pluto TV is well-known for being a live TV app, it also provides movies, TV series, VOD, and music channels that you can watch on your Firestick device. Moreover, the good news is that despite being an Amazon Appstore verified software, it offers free streams to its users. It offers thousands of free on-demand movies and series, 100+ live channels, and 250+ free TV channels. Its categories include sports, news, comedy, entertainment, and more, allowing you to stream any content you can think of. It’s also a free streaming app with ads, but it’s geo-restricted. So, once again, you’ll need IPVanish to access and enjoy free Pluto TV content.
- There are Spanish channels available.
- Contains an EPG for its live channels.
- Regularly updates channel lineup.
- Available on major platforms such as Fire devices, iOS, Android, Roku, Chromecast, and more.
- Thousands of free VOD, movies and TV shows are accessible for free.
You may learn more about Pluto TV by reading this article.
Stream Safely With a VPN
CucoTV is a clear example of why you should always protect your data when using streaming services, especially if you don’t know if they’re legal.
However, regardless of which streaming service you use, you’ll never know when your data is being logged for whatever purposes these services may have. You could even be unaware of the extent to which your data and activity are being monitored when using these apps.
As a result, it is always advisable to use a VPN to prevent data breaches and IP address leaks. You can rest assured that none of your personal information or actions will be monitored this way.
And, as with the previous CucoTV incident, you never know if they’ll give authorities a list of IPs or users to interrogate about their app usage.
Apart from that, IPVanish also has the following features:
- You’ll be able to get around geo-restrictions and watch everything you want from any streaming provider.
- There are over 40,000 anonymous IP addresses available, so you’ll never be without a connection for your everyday streaming.
- More than 2,000 servers are available in 75+ locations.
- It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- It contains a kill switch feature that adds an extra layer of security in the event of a VPN interruption.
- All of IPVanish’s servers are owned by the company, so you can be confident that your information will not be sold to a third party.
How to Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
You can download IPVanish directly from the Amazon App store. It will be easy for you to find IPVanish with your Firestick’s Find feature. Refer to our screenshots below.
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”
3. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the IPVanish icon.
5. Click on Download
6. Wait to download.
7. Wait to install.
8. Click on Open.
9. Input your username and password to log in.
10. Click Connect.
What was the reason behind CucoTV’s shutdown?
CucoTV was taken down after receiving a DMCA notice claiming that they were providing copyrighted content. Sky UK Limited is a company that has filed numerous complaints about CucoTV.
What is the best CucoTV alternative?
In this article, we’ve listed the best CucoTV alternatives. However, it is still up to the user to determine which one is best for him or her.
Are these CucoTV alternatives free?
Yes. Because our users are most likely looking for free alternatives, all of the apps we’ve featured are free.
Is it safe to use these CucoTV alternatives?
Yes, all of the apps mentioned in this article are safe. However, for enhanced security, you should use a VPN with your connection. This is to prevent any logging or surveillance of your IP address.
Are these CucoTV alternatives legal?
Yes, we are pleased to inform you that all of these applications are legitimate. As a result, you won’t have to worry about unlawful content when using these apps to watch.
CucoTV is a great app for watching movies and TV series for free. However, it’s still advisable to just use legal apps like the ones we’ve listed above to access and stream content. Even if their offering may not be similar, there’s no better way to stream while knowing that you’re just getting legal streams through these apps. You may also rest certain that your security will not be compromised in exchange for free content.