NordVPN for Mac
This article will show you how to set up NordVPN for Mac.
Given the number of concurrent connections accessible with your NordVPN subscription, you may be wondering how to set up your account across all devices.
You could also wonder if NordVPN is available for Mac, as most iOS users prefer other Apple products such as macOS for better file sharing and other device compatibility factors. So, while you are confident in your ability to secure your mobile devices, we are certain that you would like to obtain the same level of protection for your laptops.
Fortunately, NordVPN is also available for macOS devices to secure your connection. And don’t worry, it’s just as simple as getting an app on your iPhone or iPad. It will just take you ten steps to get your NordVPN up and running on your Mac device. So, without further ado, let us begin installing and setting up your NordVPN account on your Macbook.
Read: Best VPNs for Mac
How To Set Up NordVPN for Mac
The instructions below will walk you through installing and configuring NordVPN on your Mac device.
1. On the Apple App store, type in “NordVPN”
2. When it appears, click “Get”
3. Then click “Install“.
4. Depending on your Apple Appstore settings, signing in on your Apple account will then be required. Simply fill in your Apple ID and password and click “Get“.
5. The NordVPN file will start to install. Just wait for it to finish with its installation
6. Once the file is installed, click “Open“.
7. Then click “Log in” on the upper right part of the screen.
8. Type in your username or email address and password. Then click “Continue“.
9. Once successfully logged in, click “Allow” to launch NordVPN.
10. You can either click “Quick connect” or select your preferred country to connect.
11. That’s it, you’re done with the set-up of your NordVPN account on macOS.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
- Toggle auto-launch when the computer starts.
- Enable CyberSec to block access to harmful websites.
- VPN protocols available are NordLynx, IKEv2, Open VPN (UDP), and OpenVPN (TCP).
- Note: You can select to use the recommended protocol for your connection.
- Option to turn on auto-connect even when using untrusted networks.
- Select from a specific country or a recommended country to get your anonymous connection.
- Customize presets such as Downloads, Speed, and Browsing for secure one-click browsing.
- Includes a dark web monitor to alert you on leaked or publicly exposed info.
- Kill switch is available on NordLynx and OpenVPN protocols.
- Change the app’s appearance and theme to your preference.
- Pause your VPN connection for 5mins, 30mins, or 1hr.
You can install and use NordVPN on macOS Sierra 10.12 or later.
If you’re using an older version, you will be required to update your OS to at least 10.12 to find NordVPN on the Appstore.
P2P Specialty Servers
NordVPN for Mac offers 4,700+ P2P specialty servers accessible for connection on your macOS device as of this writing. As a result, you may rest assured that you will always have an IP address for your daily online needs.
If you’re seeking a connection from a specific country, check out the complete list of countries where you can get an IP address below:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- North Macedonia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
Pros & Cons
- Successfully unblocks geo-restrictions, especially Netflix USA.
- Has a feature that monitors your dark web activity to prevent information leaks.
- Kill switch is available for Mac.
- Supports P2P.
- Cybersec Technology is available to protect you from cyber threats.
- It has an advanced Kill Switch function for protection against rare and very specific IP address leaks.
- The ability to select recommended countries is available (including Download, Speed, and Browsing).
- Easy to set up on Mac
- Only 4,700+ out of 5,400+ servers are available for macOS
- The country list includes just 59
Does NordVPN work on Mac?
Yes, NordVPN works perfectly and easily using any Mac device.
How To Use NordVPN on Mac?
To use NordVPN on your Mac, first, follow the steps outlined in the installation guide provided in this article. After the installation is complete, you may log in with your existing account information or create an account if you don’t already have one. Then, based on the geo-restriction you want to bypass, you can connect to a recommended country or your desired country. That’s it, you’ll know you’re successfully connected once you see “Protected” beside the server you’re connected to.
How to download NordVPN on Mac?
This article provided a detailed guide on how you can download NordVPN on your Mac device. Just open the Apple Appstore and follow the detailed instructions above.
For Mac users like me, having a VPN service that is Mac-compatible is a major consideration when choosing a VPN service. Furthermore, while some VPN services are available for Mac, not all of their functions are. So it’s great to know that NordVPN supports macOS with all of its features, ensuring that you have the best VPN connection possible across all of your devices.
With that, we’d like to thank you for taking the time to read our NordVPN for Mac setup and installation guide. We hope we were able to teach you how to get it up and running in just a few minutes on your device. Surfing and streaming are now possible while maintaining total online privacy and security on Mac. Enjoy!