Do you want to install one of the fastest & most secure VPNs on your Firestick? Then this guide is for you. This article will show you how to install NordVPN on your Fire TV stick.
Overall, NordVPN is one of the best VPNs we tested with our streaming devices. It works well with both your Android and Firestick. You can also install NordVPN on a PC having a Linux, Windows, or Mac OS. NordVPN also has app versions compatible with iOS and Apple devices.
Nord stands above its competitors in terms of speed, price, and easy to use apps.
Before we teach you how to install NordVPN, we will first discuss why it is crucial to have a VPN on your Firestick. We will also share what we love about NordVPN and why we enjoy using it.
Why use NordVPN with your Firestick?
Whether you intend to watch Netflix or access free Kodi content, we suggest using NordVPN for several important reasons:
- Bypass geo-restrictions: Some countries issue restrictions with online media content. NordVPN can help you cross geo-blocks and help you open various media files.
- Watch unavailable content: Netflix only displays 30% of what is available in the USA. If you use NordVPN, you can spoof their servers by connecting to a USA server. As a result, you can stream more videos from Netflix and other streaming services.
- Prevent ISP Throttling: Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) can limit your bandwidth. They will block your IP address, stopping you from watching online HD videos.
- Military-Grade Encryption: NordVPN implements a robust encryption method to secure our entire internet traffic. Hackers and various online threats cannot bypass NordVPN’s encryptions.
- Provide safety and security: Many malicious third parties, viruses, and malware are on the web. NordVPN can protect you from these cyber threats by concealing your device and data.
- Make you Anonymous: Hackers employ methods to steal your data. They are now prevalent on the internet. NordVPN will encrypt your entire internet traffic and give you a proxy IP address.
How to Install NordVPN on your Firestick (Video)
How to Install NordVPN on your Firestick (Screenshots)
You can download NordVPN directly from the Amazon App store. It will be easy for you to find NordVPN with your Firestick’s Find feature. Refer to our screenshots below.
1. Navigate to the Home Screen on your Firestick.
2. Press the Find tab.
3. Click the Search button from the dropdown window.
4. Type in NordVPN in the input bar and select the resulting keywords.
5. Select the official NordVPN icon.
6. Press the Get (Free to Download) button.
7. NordVPN app’s installer will download.
8. The NordVPN app will automatically install after its download.
9. Press the Open button to launch the NordVPN app.
10. Please wait while the NordVPN app loads its user interface.
11. You can now either sign up with a new account or enter your NordVPN credentials.
Why We Love NordVPN
A Brief Guide to NordVPN’s Features
NordVPN is one of the biggest VPNs on the planet regarding its total number of servers. The NordVPN service has more than 5,300 servers in 62 worldwide locations. The only other VPN with extensive coverage of servers is Express VPN, and even then, that is in terms of countries rather than servers.
Several users love to download NordVPN. It is one of the VPN apps with many daily downloads on Google Play Store and the Amazon App Store. NordVPN has over 10 million downloads and installations.
Encryption and Protocols
- Military-Grade Encryption (AES-256) – NordVPN shares with us a robust level of encryption that will conceal your online identity. It is suitable for performing online transactions or communicating with your peers. Military-grade AES-256 encryption follows FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) that oversee the handling of sensitive data.
- NordLynx – Originally from NordVPN, it shares a double NAT (Network Address Translation) system that enables faster connections. NordLynx is a next-generation VPN feature that uses the WireGuard® protocol. The primary purpose of NordLynx is to help your NordVPN app quickly connect with its servers without compromising your safety and security.
- OpenVPN – The OpenVPN protocol is an industry-standard protocol for open source code encryption.
- IPSec/IKev2 – NordVPN always uses two types of state-of-the-art cryptographic algorithms and keys: IPSec/IKev2. IKEV2 stands for Internet Key Exchange while IPSec means Internet Protocol security.
- SHA2-384 (Integrity Assurance)
Strict No-Logs Policy
Not only is NordVPN capable of security, but it also offers a lot of additional features on top of its Strict No-logs policy. Users can try NordVPN with its 7-day free trial!
NordVPN has a feature called Cybersec, which acts as its adblocker feature. Cybersec can also effectively protect you from malicious sites and malware.
Tor Browser Compatibility
You can also increase the already impressive security offer by using VPN over Onion or Double VPN. Double VPN allows you to rout your connection through 2 of Nord’s VPN servers making your connection double secure and almost untraceable. Applying a VPN over an Onion router will connect you with a TOR router, making your connection slow and untraceable.
P2P File Sharing Support
Many of NordVPN’s servers support P2P file-sharing activities, which allows for high-speed upload and download of media files—making NordVPN ideal for watching media. In addition, you also get incredible network speeds from countries worldwide. So, wherever you are, you won’t be far from a fast connection with Nord VPN.
NordVPN offers us the most affordable packages in the industry. Their 2-year subscriptions start as low as $3.67 per month with a 30-day money-back guarantee. A NordVPN account lets you connect up to 6 devices simultaneously!
The price we consider expensive with NordVPN is its monthly payment plan which costs $11.95. If you want a short-term VPN, we suggest trying its 7-day free trial or looking for a cheaper alternative.
- 2 Year plan: US$ 3.67/month (US$88.08 for two years)
- 1 Year plan: US$ 4.92/month (US$99 per year)
- 6 Months: US$ 9.00/month (US$36 for six months)
- 1 Month: US$ 11.95/month
Pros & Cons of NordVPN
- Affordable 2-Year plan.
- 30-day Money-Back Guarantee
- 24/7 Assistance and Customer Support
- 7-Day Free Trial
- NordVPN’s servers support P2P file sharing.
- Compatibility with many modern devices.
- Expensive monthly subscription fee.
Which devices are compatible with NordVPN?
- For mobile devices, NordVPN works well with Android and iOS operating systems.
- NordVPN also works with PC systems such as Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Amazon Fire TV devices also work well with NordVPN.
Can you watch geo-blocked content with NordVPN?
Yes. NordVPN helps you bypass typical geo-blocks allowing you to watch various videos from different online sources.
NordVPN is one of the fastest VPNs that offer us various next-generation VPN features. Using NordVPN ensures we have strict security measures while keeping us anonymous on the internet. We suggest NordVPN for people who like an affordable VPN in the long run.
We hope this article helps you install NordVPN on your Firestick. Thank you for reading!