Gaia Kodi Addon
Gaia deserves to be in the hall of fame when it comes to the Kodi addon. A fork of the Bubbles addon from 2017, which then went dark. The Gaia developer forked their code and has kept Gaia going ever since, making it one of the oldest add ons around on Kodi.
Gaia has a habit of becoming popular after a big update (Gaia is currently on its 5th major version) then sinking down the rankings before shooting back up.
Gaia concentrates solely on Movies and TV Shows, with a massive range of content. As well as an incredible amount of settings and configurations.
We can’t think of another addon that is compatible with as many premium services, user nets, or different scraper libraries. You can get the very best out of Gaia by using it with a service like Real Debrid.
But, honestly your unlikely to not be able to find a stream for any content. Gaia now comes with Orion a faster system of downloading content from streams and reducing bandwidth for playback. As well as automatic playback which means Gaia will find the best working stream, and you can also set it to download the next episode in the background.
Here’s a list of common errors you might come across with Gaia:
- No stream available. An unlikely error with Gaia, but you can turn on and search for updated scraper lists in the Scraper settings. If the problem persists check our step by step fix guide above.
- A script error. If you come across this error when installing Gaia, check that you are downloading it from the correct repository. Otherwise, chances are your Kodi installation may be corrupted. For more fixes, try some more in the guide linked above.
- Cannot download Gaia. Always check you’ve got the right URL, try again just to check it’s not a server overload problem. If the problem persists read more here <LINK>
- Olpair Streaming Error. The upside of using Real Debrid is you don’t have to renew Captcha on free servers. Olpair errors can generally be fixed by getting a new token. If that doesn’t work, try some more in the fixed guide linked above.
Categories from the menu:
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 18.104.22.168 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Gaia is one of the best add ons out their hands down. It just has so many functions, settings, and configurations that one of its biggest problems was that it was so hard to set up initially.
Now that is a problem of the past, you can use the Reaper settings mode to get Gaia set up in 3 minutes or less.
That’s because Gaia links in with 10+ premium add ons, as well as a massive library or scrapers and UseNet interfaces. But for the less technical user, just follow the suggested installation instructions provided.
The fifth big update for Gaia which came out in June 2019 provides some awesome updated functions:
- You can now binge-watch episodes Netflix style, Gaia’s will scrape and load the next episode in the background moving you seamlessly from one episode to the next
- Emby is now supported which means you can scrape and stream from their servers
- Both the internal and Orion UseNet has been upgraded meaning that you can get even more content scrapers that are continuously updated
- IMDB watchlists can be exported to your Trakt account
- Orion now has a vastly improved caching system, which reduces the amount of time it takes to load content, and less bandwidth is taken up. Great news for those who have slower internet connections
How to Install Gaia Addon on Kodi with Screenshots
- From the home screen, select the cogwheel at the upper left.
2. Select System in the bottom right corner.
3. Select Add-ons on the left side of the screen.
4. Select Unknown sources.
5. Click Yes to allow unknown sources.
6. Select File manager.
7. Click Add source.
8. Click on <None>.
9. Type exactly: http://repo.gaiakodi.com
10. Click on OK.
11. Select enter a name for this media source.
12. Name is Gaia (this part isn’t critical as long as you remember the name).
13. Click on OK.
14. Click on OK.
15. Take one step back and click on Add-ons.
16. Select install from zip file.
17. Click on Gaia (or whatever you named the source).
18. Click on repository.gaia.zip
19. Select on Install from repository.
20. Click on Gaia Repo.
21. Pick Video add-ons.
22. Select Gaia again.
23. Click on Install.
24. Select Version 5.5.8
25. Select OK after reviewing the add-ons that will be installed.
26. You should see a popup in the upper right corner saying Gaia has installed. There will actually be multiple popups for the various components.
27. Click on Open to start the Gaia add-on.