How to Fix Olpair Kodi Error in Just 2 Minutes (3 working methods)
As you use Kodi more, and start streaming content, you will probably run into the fir pair or Olpair Kodi errors.
This happens when you try to connect to a streaming provider, and it asks you to pair your device with the provider.
Once is fine, but when you start having to do this every time you want to watch something, it can start to get irritating. In this guide we cover information on common Kodi streaming providers, what these errors are and why they happen as well as 3 proven methods to fix these errors in minutes.
What is a Kodi Streaming Provider?
Most popular add ons like Exodus Redux and Yoda, use scripts to find links from streaming providers.
Think of these like giant libraries of links, where your request is matched with a working URL to access the media file somewhere on the internet.
Some of the most common sources are Olpair (openload.com), thevideo.me, vidup.me and tvad.me. These common Kodi streaming providers are the sources for most of your content.
What is an Olpair Kodi Error and Why Do They Happen?
The errors are a system of checks from the streaming providers.
These libraries receive millions of requests every day for content. They are popular because they house high quality content and working links. Add ons use these providers because they consistently deliver good content.
But that means that sources like Olpair must deal with a high level of traffic. Sometimes tens of thousands of request each minute.
The pairing error occurs, because the Olpair servers want to check that the request comes from a human being, and not an automated script or bot.
To prevent automatic requests, an error occurs requiring that the person verify themselves and pair their device.
Methods to Fix the Kodi Olpair Error
We’ve come up with 3 quick fixes that means you can get rid of these errors either for a few hours or permanently.
Authorize Your IP
This is our recommended fix. Olpair will ask to verify your IP address, this verification lasts for 4 hours and then needs to be renewed. It also means that any device operating from the same IP address will also be verified for those 4 hours.
Follow these steps to authorize your IP:
- You click on a streaming source and get an Open Load Stream Authorization note asking you to visit: www.olpair.com and click “Pair”
- Open a separate browser and go to the link above
- Click the Captcha box to verify that you are not a robot
- You’ll get a verification check; these tend to be a picture verification task where you must identify “cars” or some sort of object in a 4 x 4 grid of 16 images
- You may have to do more than one, depending on a variety of factors. Just keep going through and eventually you will get a green tick, confirming you are not a robot
- You’ll then get a message that says “Pairing Successful”
- Your IP has now been paired, and you won’t be asked to re-verify for another 4 hours
- You can then go back to Kodi, reloading the screen and can watch in peace without any more pairing notifications
A side note we would add, you should always use a VPN when browsing or streaming anything on Kodi. Your Internet Service Provider may block content, stop add ons working, log your traffic and even issues you a warning if it detects you streaming copyrighted content illegally.
Have your Kodi VPN running and active prior to pairing your IP.
Disable Olpair in the Hosters With Captcha List
We like this solution less. When your add on’s scrapers look for a link it will discount any hosters like Olpair which require a Captcha to be checked before playing the link.
Though it means you won’t have to verify your device, you will miss out on many quality sources, many of whom require you to verify and pair. They use Captcha because they are popular, as they have the best quality links.
Use this option if you don’t mind a lower quality source, and just want to avoid having to pair your IP every 4 hours:
- Go to your Kodi home screen
- Click Video Add ons
- Scroll down to Tools
- In Tool click Setting: Playback
- You’ll see an option that says “Hosters with Captchas”, turn this option off (by clicking the toggle button to the left)
Now when you check the link list you will see that many popular providers like Open Upload have been removed. There will still be a long list of providers, but you may find you come across more dead or low-quality links.
Use Real Debrid
Our final option is for those who are committed to get the best viewing quality with the minimum amount of hassle.
Real Debrid is a paid for service which costs around $4 a month.
By spending the money, you save time and hassle by simply always connecting to high quality links. When you synchronise your Real Debrid account with your current add on or build.
With Real Debrid you get:
- High speed download of up to 1GBps
- No waiting times or adverts when you click your stream
- Access to 50 different high-quality hosting providers
- Get the best link quality
Some may argue that this defeats the point of using Kodi. We found that this is unrealistic if you want to get the highest quality content.
Real Debrid takes all the hard work out of finding working streams and always delivers at a cheap price.
It can be synchronised with most add ons and means you will never have to click on a dead or low-quality link again. Or must wade through multiple adverts before your stream can work.
You can sign up for a Real Debird account here: https://real-debrid.com/
Other alternatives include All Debrid and Premiumize. Both are more expensive but give added functionality for the more sophisticated Kodi user.