Is it Any Good?
We are sure FreeFlix HQ was good once upon a time and it’s been going for about 2 years, but a cursory glance over the FreeFlix subreddit page: https://www.reddit.com/r/freeflix/, will tell you all you need to know. Namely that there hasn’t been a comment for 9 months, the servers are slow or not working and it looks like the application development team has either abandoned the project or are just not updating it anymore.
There are multiple comments of the cast function not working, and content being littered with dead links which tell us their scrapers need updating and links are not being vetted.
A common problem for many of the lower quality android tv applications is though it appears that they have tons of content you can spend hours repeatedly clicking on dead links or on media art which doesn’t even have any links at all.
You’re better off using Zion TV, Cyberflix, Cinema HD, Bee TV, or Tea TV.
What Does it Do?
Freeflix HQ works in a similar way to a lot of other Android TV apps, using their proprietary scrapers they search online looking for new content added from 3rd parties.
The links are then added with media art to give what should be a daily updated library of working links to new content.
What Platforms Does it Work On?
FreeFlix HQ has an Android and an iOS application, as well as a Windows desktop application
- Works across a platform with multiple applications
- Access to HD streams
- Supports Chromecast
- You can download content to watch offline
- Supposedly has a large library of anime content, though most of it doesn’t work
- Terrarium style TV calendar and notifications for when your favorite shows have had a new episode added
- Support Real Debrian and Trakt.Tv
- Clean and easy to use interface
- Optimized for TV casting
- You can customize the look with skins
- Watch trailers of media
- Access to Live TV channels and some pay per view including music and wrestling
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 18.104.22.168 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
How to Install FreeFlix HQ
You can download the application directly from their website: https://freeflixhq.com/
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not host this APK file. It is hosted on Archive.org.
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface
Install Freeflix HQ on a Firestick with Screenshots
1. Install the Downloader app and jailbreak your firestick by enabling unknown sources. To learn more about the procedure, you may read How to Install the Downloader App and Enable Unknown Sources.
2. Open Downloader App. Type https://reviewvpn.com/free and click Go.
3. Click on Install and you should be all set. Remember to delete the APK file after installation to save space.
4. Click Open
5. Enjoy your Freeflix HQ on a Firestick.
Pros and Cons
- Clean and easy to use user interface
- If they worked FreeFlix has an enormous library of content and TV channels
- Real Debian and Trak.tv compatible, allowing you to download at high speeds and resume watching shows where you left off
- Chromecast support
- TV calendar
- Customizable skins are a nice touch and quite Kodi’esque
- Optimized for TV
- According to their Facebook page comments: https://www.facebook.com/free.flix.hq/ Freeflix HQ hasn’t been working for some time. Problems reported included a lack of updates, the application not starting and none of the IPTV channels are working
- Slow and lacks stability
- Lacks updates
- A lot of the function no longer seems to work
- Users reporting paying premium subscriptions and still not having issues resolved
- WWE on Demand and Anime sections mostly don’t work
Is it Safe to Use?
Yes, download it from the Amazon store or their official website
Is it Legal or Grey?
FreeFlix HQ offers in a grey area they have a DMCA request email on their website for taking down copyrighted content, but just like all other Android TV applications, they know they are going to be displaying mainly illegal content from across the web.
Should I Use This App With a VPN?
Always use a VPN with FreeFlix HQ or any other android tv application. Without it, the chances are you won’t be able to use the service at all and the IP will be blocked. Meaning you can’t even access the website to download the apk.
Also, by not using a VPN your Internet Service Provider can see everything that you are doing. They will log your browsing records, may throttle your internet usage meaning that even when not streaming your internet could be slow, as well as running the risk of a cease and desist letter, fines, or even imprisonment.
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”
3. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the IPVanish icon.
5. Click on Download
6. Wait to download.
7. Wait to install.
8. Click on Open.
9. Input your username and password to log in.
10. Click Connect.
Is it Free?
Yes, but we see many users talking about subscriptions but there is no clear explanation on the website. Honestly, another reason to avoid them.
Are There Ads? (If it has ads is there a modded version)
Is there a Premium Version?
Yes, it seems there is a paid version, which has received multiple complaints about not working.
Is There an Official Website?
Yes, FreeFlix HQ has a really flashy website, which if all the functions worked would be one hell of an application and was in 2018 but seems to have gone well downhill in 2019.
You can find the official apk here: https://freeflixhq.com/
What Other Devices Does it Work On?
FreeFlix HQ works on all devices apart from Linux
How Does The App Work?
Just download, install, and go!
What is the Minimum Version of Android I Need?
How Long Has it Been Around?
We estimate FreeFlix HQ has been around since early 2017
Is it a Terrarium Clone?
What is the Development Team Like?
From what we can see the development team does still post updates on the Facebook page, and fixes that have happened but these are usually greeted with an angry response.
We suspect the team or individual is now working on another project.
There are heaps of better alternatives out there. If you are going to pay a premium subscription then get Zion TV which has lots of added features and a ton of working premium TV channels for you to choose from.
If you are looking for a better ad-free or 100% free with ads version then choose Cyberflix or UnlockMyTV (a Cinema HD clone).
One to avoid.
It’s clear to us that FreeFlix HQ was once an awesome application and really had something going for it, but for whatever reason, the developer is no longer paying attention to the app and it’s now falling into a black hole filled with android tv applications that worked for a while and now are full of dead links.