Fix A Slow Firestick With Task Manager
Have you ever experienced your Firestick acting up? It seems slow and doesn’t follow the command you are giving it? This is happening because the Firestick is already overloaded with so many unnecessary files and data. To put it in perspective, a standard third-generation Firestick has a 1.3GHZ processor and 8GB storage. Compared to the Firestick 4k, these specs are relatively low. That is why whenever you install an app it is required to delete the APK immediately. In this article, we will be showing a solution on how to fix a slow Firestick by downloading Task Manager.
How To Fix Slow Firestick with Task Manager?
Task Manager is a third party utility application that allows its users to monitor, purge tasks, and optimize the speed of your device. It has a widget feature that provides information regarding your device’s memory usage and gives the power to kill tasks or launch the app itself for more functions. You can definitely use Task Manager to fix a slow Firestick.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
How to Download Task manager APK on Android
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not host this APK file. It is hosted on Archive.org.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 22.214.171.124 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Installation Guide On A Firestick
- On the home screen, go to Settings.
- Select My Fire TV.
- Select Developer Options.
- Open Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Click Turn On.
- Head back to the home screen and select Search.
- Search on Downloader and click on Downloader. It will appear under the keyboard.
- Choose the Downloader app.
- Download it.
- Choose Open.
- Select Allow.
- Choose OK.
- Type https://reviewvpn.com/task and click on Go.
- Click on INSTALL
- Click on OPEN
- Task Manager is Installed!
Install Task Manager on Firesticks with Screenshots
- Click Settings from the home screen of your Firestick.
2. Scroll down and to the right until you reach My Fire TV.
3. Scroll down one and click on Developer Options.
4. Turn on ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
5. Turning on Apps from Unknown Sources will trigger a confirmation popup. Click Turn On to Confirm.
6. Click the home button on your remote and scroll once to the left to click on the magnifying glass icon.
7. Search for Downloader either by saying it to your voice-enabled remote or typing. If typing, scroll to the suggested word “Downloader” and click on it.
8. Click on the bright orange Downloader icon.
9. Click on Download (it might say get on your device. Same difference).
10. Click on Allow.
11. Click on OK.
12. Type in http://reviewvpn.com/task and click on Go.
13. Click on “Click here” to make sure that the download will start.
14. Select INSTALL.
15. Select OPEN.
16. There you go, Task Manager is installed!
What Does It Do?
Task Manager analyzes your device and suggests which applications overload your device and gives you the authority to delete these apps along with the components that come with them. It will drastically improve your device’s performance once you run the scans.
This feature allows you to choose which applications you want to be excluded from the Kill List.
Auto-Kill List will let you select the applications you want to be included in the Kill List.
The primary purpose of this feature is to free up some space on your device. You have the option of closing single or multiple applications. If the is rooted, it grants access to more actions like Force Stop which prohibits an application from running. This action releases more memory and closed applications will not be able to restart. You can include important applications to the ignore list if they are vital to the operation of your device.
This feature will allow you to exempt applications from being forcefully closed. The applications that should be exempted are the ones you always use and are required to run on the background for your device’s smooth operations. Task Manager itself and the Alarm Clock will be automatically excluded from the ignore list because of their vital nature. You can include them in the Kill List if you do not think they are important.
This feature will automatically commence once your screen turns off or when it becomes idle. Applications included in the Kill List will be closed when the screen turns off. Auto-Kill Task also frees up a substantial amount of memory and optimizes the speed of your device without the need to manually do the closing.
- Kill – Kill current tasks
- Switch to – switch to the current task or start a new one.
- Ignore – add applications you want to ignore during the purge
- Enable/Disable Auto-kill – This will let you choose if you want the Auto-Kill function active or not.
- Uninstall – Helps you uninstall applications you no rarely use. This is applicable to downloaded applications, not system applications.
- Force Stop – this will allow you to prevent applications that always boot whenever you restart or open your device.
- Search in Google Play – you can use this to gather information about Task Manager
Manipulate the default behavior of Task Manager whenever you select an application. Behaviors are Kill Task, Pop-up menu, Select/Unselect, and Switch to. A fast click will summon kill the task and a long press will summon pop-up menu.
What Platforms does it Work On?
You can run Task Manager on devices like the Amazon Firestick, NVIDIA Shield, Android TV Boxes, Smart TV’s, and other devices that utilize the Android OS.
Is It Safe To Download?
Task Manager is safe to download
Is It Legal Or Grey?
It is 100% safe to download and use.
Should I Use A VPN?
Task manager is used to cleaning up and optimize the speed of your Firestick and Android devices. Using a VPN service like IPVANISH with it will not really interfere with its operations. But it is very ideal to use it with third-party streaming applications like PatoPlayer 2, Cinemax HD, Live Lounge, Cinema HD, and Nova TV to always keep you protected from being monitored by your ISP.
Note: You can learn more about IPVANISH by reading our VPN Review.
Is It Free?
Task Manager is free to download on your Firestick and android device.
Are There ADS?
It has ads for monetary purposes. The ads are non-intrusive though. They appear in the form of banners and not pop-ups. You can remove this by purchasing the ad-free version.
Is There A Premium Version?
Yes, Task Manager has a premium version. Purchasing the premium version will also result in the removal of ads.
Is There An Official Website?
No, there is no official website for Task Manager.
What Other Devices Does It Work On?
You can run Task Manager on Windows via an android emulator and other devices that run on the Android operating system.
How Does The App Work?
You follow the installation guide above and perform the functions with just one click.
Minimum Version Required
Task Manager requires android version 5.0 and above.
How Long Has It Been Around?
Task Manager was released in 2015. We do not know the exact date of release though.
We always recommend having a back-up because we will never know when an application goes down or experiences issues. Having said that, we have tested other applications that perform the same functions like Task Manager. They are as follows:
Note: If you are using Kodi and experiencing the same issues, please take the time to read our ultimate guide to fix Kodi Buffering.
Task Manager has an impressive resume. Having been in the industry for five years is actually notable and worthy of mention. This is a testament to its effectiveness that’s why a lot of users prefer it over other apps. Task Manager is also free to download so there is no harm if you try it out.
Our hope is that this article helps you in installing Task Manager to fix a slow Firestick. Please leave a comment down below for any questions and suggestions. Thank you for reading and stay safe!
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not own or operate any app nor does it endorse any. The main purpose of this article is strictly for educational purposes only.