The Amazon Firestick is a device that you can use to download and install streaming applications. The beauty of the Firestick is its ability to turn any normal LED TV into a Smart TV. You can watch movies and TV shows by using streaming apps like Live Lounge, PatoPlayer 2, Cinemax HD, Nova TV, and 1234 Movies. The only cause of worry for the Firestick is its small storage capacity. The third generation only has 1.3GHZ and 8GB storage. By default, the Firestick does not close an app after exiting. This will cause the device to lag and slow down. In this article, we will be showing you how to install Background Apps and Process List on your Firestick.
Due to the limited storage capacity of the Firestick, we have to be mindful of what we download and install. Stick to what works and do not download unnecessary apps that contribute to slowing down your Firestick.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
What Is It?
Background Apps and Process List is a utility app that serves as a shortcut to application settings of your device. You can use it to uninstall, force close, and clear the cache of applications that are installed on your Firestick. It aids users in closing applications that run in the background that causes lag and sometimes, even buffering. The app also helps you to clear the cache of applications without removing essential data. Overall, it is a simple application with pretty straightforward functions.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 188.8.131.52 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
How to Download on Android
- Open Google Play Store
- Search for Background Apps and Process List
- Click Download
- There you go, the app is now installed and ready to use.
How to Download on Firestick
- Launch the Amazon App Store.
- Type in Background Apps and Process List on the search box.
- It doesn’t usually take more than two seconds for an automatic search result to appear.
- Click on Background Apps and Process List.
- Select Get.
- This will automatically download and install the app.
- There you go, Background Apps and Process List is now installed and ready to use on your Firestick.
Step by Step Instruction to Install Background Apps and Process List
- Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your left. It will be the search icon.
2. You can either say Background Apps and Process List to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
3. Click on the Background Apps and Process List icon.
4. Click on Download
5. Click Open.
6. Click Got it.
7. Background Apps and Process List is now installed and ready to use on your Firestick.
What Does It Do?
Background Apps and Process List will scan your system for unnecessary files, clear cache, force stop apps, test download/upload speed, and provide useful and accurate information about your network.
When you click on an app icon, it will redirect you to your device’s system settings. You can force stop, uninstall. And clear the cache of the particular app you have clicked. It acts as a shortcut to your system settings. It does not do anything beyond that.
Close All Apps
Once you click this button, it will automatically select all of the installed applications. You will then have the option to force stop, uninstall, and clear the cache of each app individually.
Up/Down Arrow Button
This the quick shortcut that gives you access to the ff:
– You can use this to change the start-up and open settings of Background Apps and Process List.
- Switch Layout
– This feature will let you choose between two views: Grid view with app names and Grid View without app names.
- All Apps
– This feature will allow you to sort your apps according to name, size, and permissions. It will also let you manage the apps (Force Stop, Uninstall, Clear Data, and Clear Cache)
Note: The first time you will click on this button will redirect you to download a sister app called App Info Manager. Upon download, you will have access to the functions stated above.
- Test Net Speed
– Under this feature, you can perform tasks like Test Download Speed, Test Upload Speed, Ping Test, and WIFI/Lan Scanner. These tests will yield accurate information regarding the video quality your internet connection can afford you.
Note: This is also a redirect to download a complimentary app called Test.NetSpeed
- Network Scanner
– It allows you to scan your network for connected devices.
Note: This redirects to an app called Network Scanner which was created by the same developer as Background Apps and Process List.
- IP Address, Location, and VPN Status
– This feature will show you your MAC Address, Local IP Address, Browsing Location, and ISP. You can also perform a quick download speed test and scan your WIFI/Lan.
Note: This is also a redirect to an app called My IP created by the same developer.
- Take Notes
Note: Both Take Notes and Calculator are redirects to apps called Take Notes and Valutare Calculator created by the same developer as Background Apps and Process List.
This allows you to refresh the app.
This shows you all the hidden system and user applications installed that are necessary to run your system.
This allows you to select multiple applications all at once and close them.
What Platforms Does It Work On?
Background Apps and Process List is tailor-made for the Amazon Firestick but it will also work well with other Android devices.
Pros and Cons
– Simple and easy user interface
– One-click kill buttons
– The additional functions are not built-in. They require separate downloads which you can access once you click on the features(All Apps, Test Net Speed, Network Scanner, IP Address, Location, and VPN Status)
– It claims to show your VPN status but upon connecting to IPVANISH and accessing this feature, there is no sign indicating that we are connected to a VPN service.
Is It Safe To Download?
Yes, it is safe to download on your device.
Is It Legal or Grey?
It is 100% safe to download and use.
Should I use a VPN?
Background Apps and Process list is not a streaming application so there is no urgent need to use a VPN. But you can use it in conjunction with a VPN service like IPVANISH because of its speed test. In this way, you will know the actual download/upload potential of your internet.
Note: Get IPVANISH at a discounted rate. Click here to avail of this offer.
Is It Free?
Background Apps and Process List is totally free with no hidden charges and ad scams.
Are There ADS?
Yes, there are banner ads that are not intrusive. There will also be pop-up ads but the frequency of them appearing is relatively small.
Is There a Premium Version?
Background Apps and Process List has no premium version
Is There an Official Website?
Background Apps and Process List has no official website but the developer can be contacted at an email address provided inside the application Help tab.
What Other Devices Does It Work On?
You can run Background Apps and Process List with a Laptop/PC via an android emulator. It will also work with Android TV Boxes, Fire TV, and Smart TVs.
Minimum Version Required
At least version 5.0 and above is required.
How Long Has It Been Around?
We do not have the exact date but we can say that it was released sometime in 2019.
Background Apps and Process List is an all-in-one utility app but that doesn’t mean it is invincible. If ever you have issues when running it on your system, you can check out these other utility apps. We can assure you that we have tried and tested all of them and can vouch for their competence.
– SD Maid
– Task Manager
Note: If you are using Kodi, you can also check out our article on Kodi Buffering.
There is a saying “Do not judge a book by its cover.” This particularly applies to Background Apps and Process List. It may look plain and simple but there are tons of functions you can use to fix lag problems on your Firestick. Not only that, but you can also verify if you are getting your money’s worth by performing speed tests. You don’t have to open another application for that. The only minor setback is having to download other essential applications to gain access to other useful features. But beyond that, Background Apps and Process list is a solid Utility app. You can download it at any of the aforementioned app stores. And oh, have we mentioned it is free?
We hope that this article helps you in fixing lags on your Firestick. Thank you for reading and stay safe!
Note: For a more detailed guide on how to fix lags on your Firestick, please read our Ultimate Guide for Fixing Lags on Your Firestick (Insert Big article for app killers here.)
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not own or operate any app nor does it endorse any. The main purpose of this article is strictly for educational purposes only.