In this article, we’re going to discuss the best free VPNs for torrenting.
If you’re a torrent enthusiast, you’re probably worry about keeping your connection private. After all, we connect to other computers inside a P2P (Peer-to-Peer) network. It is why many people use a VPN to safeguard their devices. Having a VPN is the best method to keep us anonymous while surfing the web.
Furthermore, unlike other security solutions that may slow down your connection or jeopardize your privacy, a good VPN will keep you completely secure while torrenting, even on public WiFi networks. Apart from that, a VPN conceals your data from your ISP while increasing your P2P file sharing speed.
Moreover, a VPN is capable of bypassing geo-blocks letting you access exclusive online content. If you are wondering if there are free VPNs for torrenting, cast your worries aside! We will now show you the Best Free VPNs for torrenting.
The Best Free VPNs for Torrenting
While both free and paid VPNs offer different levels of bandwidth, features, and country coverage, one benefit that I can almost always guarantee is that you will not be required to spend your hard-earned money on data for torrenting or file sharing when using a free VPN service. As a result, we’ve compiled a list of the best free VPNs for torrenting:
Hide.me, which is based in Malaysia, is at the top of our list of the best free VPNs for torrenting. This VPN service ensures that your internet activity is completely anonymous, ensuring optimum online privacy. Apart from that, it includes a R.O.B.E.R.T. ad blocker, which guarantees that no logs are recorded while you are file sharing with torrent networks.
Moreover, their free plan offers connections from five different locations (US East, US West, Canada, the Netherlands, and Singapore), but their premium plan offers 1,900+ servers in 75+ locations. Overall, Hide.me enables you to maintain an encrypted connection while using torrent sites and applications.
- Provides 10GB of free storage every month
- This software is compatible with uTorrent, BitTorrent, Bitport.io, Vuze, and Deluge.
- VPN service with no logs
- There are no speed limits.
- Offers one connection with their free plan, but with their premium plan, you can protect up to ten devices simultaneously.
- Available on Windows, Android, Apple, macOS, Chrome, Firefox, and Linux os, as well as routers.
- Uses the industry-standard AES-256 encryption
- Split Tunneling, Stealth Guard, Advanced IP Leak Protections, IPv6 Support, and WireGuard are further security features.
- Unblock streaming services including Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and HBO GO.
Hide.me Pros & Cons
- Provides a huge amount of data bandwidth, which is ideal for torrenting.
- Not a member of the Alliance of the Fourteen Eyes
- Compatible with torrenting and unblocking streaming applications
- Does not include a kill switch
- There is only one connection accessible on their free plan.
The next inclusion on our list of the best free VPNs for torrenting is Windscribe. Windscribe is a VPN service based in Ontario, Canada that offers free VPNs with a monthly data cap of 2GB. Windscribe operates 180 servers in 63 countries and offers peer-to-peer torrenting. Moreover, it not only encrypts your online activity but also assists in blocking advertisements through the use of its built-in adblocker. Furthermore, it enables you to unblock geo-restricted entertainment content, allowing you to maximize the benefits of your torrenting activities.
In addition, it offers multi-hop encryption across all of its platforms. This means that when you use their VPN services, all of your traffic is encrypted at least twice, which prevents ISPs from monitoring your activities.
- Provides a free 2GB of bandwidth every month (but gives an additional 5GB if you tweet Windscribe, or up to 10GB if you provide an email address)
- This software is compatible with uTorrent, BitTorrent, Bitport.io, Vuze, and Deluge.
- No logs are kept.
- Provides a data speed of 61Mbps
- Allows an unlimited number of simultaneous devices
- Compatible with iOS, Android, macOS, Windows, and Linux, as well as Fire TV, Chrome, Firefox, and Huawei routers.
- Uses the AES-256 cryptographic algorithm with SHA512 authorization and a 4096-bit RSA key.
- Implements the OpenVPN, IKEv2, and WireGuard protocols (including Stealth and WStunnel).
- Split Tunneling, Kill Switch, Multi-Hop Encryption, Packet Size Detection, TCP Socket Termination, HTTP and SOCKS5 Proxy Servers, and DNS Support are a variety of the features available.
- Successfully unblocks Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, DAZN, Hulu, Youtube, and Disney+.
Windscribe Pros & Cons
- If you provide an email address, you can improve your bandwidth to 10GB per month.
- It includes an integrated adblocker.
- Allows for a vast number of simultaneous connections
- Its customer service is limited to a 24-hour chatbot.
- The free basic plan includes only 2GB of bandwidth per month.
- Does not provide a high-speed internet connection
TunnelBear is one of the best free VPNs for torrenting and also has a kill switch. It includes several useful features that enable you to not only enjoy torrenting without fear of losing your connection but also to keep safe while doing so. Moreover, TunnelBear features a simple and intuitive user interface that makes it easy to use. Furthermore, it works with a variety of torrent clients, including uTorrent, Deluge, BitTorrent, and Vuze. Overall, it’s a solid VPN that enables you to torrent securely and easily avoid geo-restrictions.
- Provides 500 MB of bandwidth
- There are currently 3,000 servers available in 38 countries.
- Ensure that no records of the customer’s activities are kept.
- Up to five devices can operate simultaneously
- Uses AES-256 encryption and SHA-256 authentication at a military-grade level.
- Provides support for the OpenVPN and IKEv2 protocols.
- There’s also strong IP and DNS leak protection.
- Unblock streaming services like HBO Max, Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video.
TunnelBear Pros & Cons
- Is capable of bypassing China’s Great Firewall
- Includes an integrated ad blocker
- It is equipped with a kill switch.
- Provides a limited bandwidth
- Only a limited number of devices can be connected concurrently.
- Customer service is accessible exclusively via email and a chatbot.
What distinguishes Betternet as one of the best free VPNs for torrenting is the fact that millions of people use the service regularly. Apart from being free, it requires no registration and protects your traffic from online snoopers using military-grade encryption. Moreover, it lets you access geo-restricted content from any location, which is ideal for torrenting and streaming.
- Daily bandwidth allowance of 500MB
- This program is compatible with uTorrent, BitTorrent, Bitport.io, Vuze, and Deluge.
- The company asserts that it will never collect, log, store, or disclose any data.
- Its maximum speed is determined by the server.
- Provides a single connection as part of their free plan.
- Compatible with Windows, macOS, iOS, Google Chrome, and Android
- Utilizes both AES-128 and AES 256-bit encryption standards.
- Supports the Catapult Hydra protocol
- Unblocks YouTube, Kodi, and Spotify.
Betternet Pros & Cons
- Provides a free VPN service.
- Contributes to the unblocking of geo-restricted applications, websites, and other content
- Free VPN that is compatible with torrents
- Daily bandwidth is offered at a slightly low amount.
- There have been reports of poor internet speeds.
- Its free account provides only a connection to a server in the United States.
Why Should You Consider a Premium VPN Over a Free VPN?
Here are a few reasons why you should use a premium VPN instead of a free VPN when torrenting:
No such thing as a free service exists.
If you rely on free VPNs mostly for your privacy and security, you are susceptible to infections. While they supply you with the service that you are receiving, which is the “free” VPN, you should begin to wonder how you are paying for it without spending a dime. And you will be unaware that you might be paying for it with your data.
Furthermore, let me say this once and for all, there is no “free,” because the other side will always find a way to make income in return for its so-called free offer. Apart from that, we’re talking about torrenting, and the primary reason you’re using a VPN is to avoid data breaches and IP address leaks for a variety of reasons, including government surveillance of the internet or to prevent your data from being sold to third parties.
That is why you should never risk your privacy by using a free VPN to access torrents since this will likely bring you more harm than good. Therefore, it’s always best to just go with a transparent premium VPN service that lets you know you are paying fairly for what you are getting.
Free VPNs Offer Fewer Features
Meanwhile, on a lighter note, these free VPN subscriptions have fewer capabilities than premium VPN subscriptions, such as a limited number of connections, which is typically limited to one device. Moreover, you’ll receive less data bandwidth and fewer server connections available in restricted regions. But, if you go for a premium VPN service, you can count on receiving the following benefits:
- A larger number of simultaneous connections (there are even some VPN providers that offer unlimited simultaneous connections)
- Additional server locations
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Faster speed
- Larger P2P/BitTorrent support
- Enhanced Streaming Service Support
- Additional Security Protocols and Encryption
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 184.108.40.206 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
The Best Premium VPN Service for Torrenting
Without a doubt, there is always the best VPN for your internet needs, and the best for torrenting is:
IPVanish is the best Virtual Private Network (VPN) for torrenting because it includes all of the capabilities you need. With military-grade encryption, successfully conceals your internet activities from your ISP and other third-party servers, ensuring complete privacy while online.
Moreover, you can secure your privacy even when using public Wi-Fi and hotspots. Furthermore, its robust encryption helps you avoid malware and ransomware infecting your device and stealing data.
In addition, IPVanish uses its original NordLynx protocol for encasing your traffic and while ensuring you get lightning-fast download speeds. Apart from that, it has many servers worldwide that shares limitless bandwidth, making it ideal for daily torrenting. Finally, you can obtain the features listed below at a reasonable cost:
- Provides us with limitless bandwidth for 24/7 torrenting.
- IPVanish’s servers support BitTorrent clients such as uTorrent, Vuze, and Deluge.
- Adheres rigidly to a zero log policy
- An unlimited number of concurrent connections is available
- Compatible with Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS X, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV, Linux, and Chrome OS
- Uses military-grade AES-256 bit encryption
- Implements the original NordLynx, IKEV2/IPSec, and OpenVPN protocols.
- Additional security features include a kill switch, split tunneling, DNS leak prevention, first-party DNS, and IPV6 leak prevention.
- Money-back guarantee of 30 days
- Customer service is available 24 hours a day via live chat, email, and phone.
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”.
3. You can either say “IPVanish” to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the “IPVanish” icon.
5. Click on “Download”.
6. Wait to “Download”.
7. Wait to “Install”.
8. Click on “Open”.
9. Input your username and password to “Log In”.
10. Click “Connect”.
Are free VPNs safe for torrenting?
While many free VPNs guarantee not to log your data or anything similar, there is still some question about how these VPN providers compensate for the “free” service they give. That is why certain free P2P VPN services have a history of data breaches and selling user information to third parties.
Apart from that, they only provide a limited amount of bandwidth, which I believe is insufficient, especially if you frequently download from torrent sites. As a result, you can never be certain that your download is still encrypted by their protection. We can, however, recommend that you use VPNSafetyDot to determine whether you are still connected to the VPN service. Alternatively, you can use VPN services that provide a kill switch.
Which free VPN is good for torrenting?
If we were to recommend a VPN that is both good and safe for users, we would strongly recommend a premium service like IPVanish over a free VPN.
The reason for this is mostly because you’ll have a secure and private connection while also having unlimited bandwidth, which will allow you to download as many torrent files as you want from the top torrent sites.
It’s interesting to hear that there are free VPNs accessible that enable us to share files via P2P. However, you should never be taken in by “free” online offerings such as a free VPN for downloading torrents. Moreover, you should always take precautions when using such services or even providing personal information such as your email address.
You have no idea what risks you are taking when you access free content via third-party servers even if they tell you that it is secured. That is why it is safe to say that a premium VPN is still the better option when torrenting, as it encrypts your connection and protects you from data leaks and other internet threats.