This article will provide you with a list of the best VPNs with kill switch.
Many factors must be considered when selecting a good VPN. There are several VPN providers out there that can cause problems for you if you aren’t vigilant. This includes bandwidth leaks, slow connection speeds, and servers that aren’t well-maintained or overused.
Apart from that, one of the most important features you should look for in a VPN service is a kill switch. A kill switch is a feature of VPN services that ensures your online anonymity. When your VPN connection is disrupted or interrupted, the kill switch feature automatically disconnects you from the internet.
This disconnection protects you and your data by halting your streaming and browsing activities. So, if the VPN drops down abruptly, no data will be leaked or logged by third-party servers or internet threats.
Furthermore, it assists the user in maintaining their privacy and anonymity while securely browsing the internet. This feature, however, is not available with all VPN services. So we’ve done the legwork for you and compiled a list of the best VPNs with a kill switch.
Best VPNs with Kill Switch
The best VPNs with kill switch are listed below. You can also utilize a VPN Safety Dot to give an extra degree of protection in tracking down if your VPN connection is lost.
IPVanish is at the top of our list since it offers the best VPN with kill switch on the market. Apart from its kill switch, IPVanish is the best VPN since it allows you to connect an unlimited number of devices at the same time.
This ensures that all of your devices are protected by IPVanish’s military-grade AES 256 bit encryption, which is the same as that used by the US government. Furthermore, it follows a rigorous no-log policy and employs a variety of protocols to ensure that its users’ IP addresses and data are kept private.
With its kill switch feature and zero-logs policy, you can rest assured that IPVanish is the safest VPN service for all your browsing requirements, whether personal or business. In addition, IPVanish owns and manages a large number of servers in various regions.
So you won’t have to worry about third-party servers gaining access to your data since these are company-owned, and you won’t run out of IP addresses for your everyday internet needs. Finally, IPVanish is a top-rated affordable VPN service that costs $3.49 per month for a monthly subscription and $2.62 per month for an annual subscription.
- IPV6 Leak Blocking and VPN Kill Switch are all included, as well as TCP Port 443 support.
- There are 40,000 anonymous IP addresses on 1,900 servers in 75+ countries.
- Allows you to circumvent geoblocking and gain access to censored apps and websites.
- Uses AES 256-bit military-grade encryption.
- Supports WireGuard, IKEv2, OpenVPN, L2TP, IPSec, and PPTP protocols.
- Split tunneling is available.
- Allows peer-to-peer communication
- Supports major platforms such as Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Amazon, Linux, and Chrome OS.
- The number of connections that can be made at the same time is unlimited.
- It has no data caps, making it ideal for torrenting and downloading.
- Unblocks streaming apps such as Netflix (US & Japan), Youtube, and Disney+.
- Files are synced across all devices that are connected to your account.
- API Load Balancing will suggest the fastest VPN server for your connection automatically.
- Strict Zero VPN logs
- It protects you from ransomware.
- Prevents Internet Service Provider (ISP) throttling, which causes lags, buffering, and internet slowdown.
- With its VPN + Backup subscription, it provides 500 GB of cloud backup space.
- Prevents hackers, phishers, and other cybercriminals from getting your information.
- Customer service is available 24/7 via live chat, email, and phone.
- Money-back guarantee for 30 days
Because it has two built-in kill switches, NordVPN is also one of the best VPNs with kill switch. There’s a System-Wide Kill Switch for iOS, Linux, and macOS, as well as an App Level Kill Switch for Windows and macOS.
Aside from that, NordVPN is also one of our best VPNs for business because it offers NordVPN Team, a corporate version of its VPN service. It incorporates sophisticated features for both personal and business use that provide complete internet protection, security, anonymity, and privacy.
NordVPN maintains your online anonymity and security across all of your devices linked to its service, thanks to its kill switch and technologies like Onion over VPN and CyberSec Technology. It will allow you to surf the web safely while connected to public Wi-Fi hotspots and provide high-speed connection protection.
You can also unblock geo-restricted content, keep your network traffic secure and private without sacrificing internet speed, and securely share P2P files using NordVPN.
- There are 5,400 VPN servers in 59 countries available.
- Uses AES 256-bit military-grade encryption and a 4096-bit RSA key.
- Killswitch, DNS protection, Double VPN, Onion over VPN, and Advanced CyberSec Technology are all implemented and third-party authentication with Azure AD, Google, and Okta.
- Supports OpenVPN, IKEv2, and NordLynx (WireGuard) protocols.
- Its unlimited bandwidth allows you to stream and download any internet content you choose.
- Implements the “no logs” policy.
- Unblocks streaming apps such as Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Youtube, and Amazon Prime.
- Allows peer-to-peer communication
- Split tunneling is unblocked streaming apps available.
- Up to 6 simultaneous connections are possible.
- Offers Onion over VPN service.
- Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS are all supported.
- Subscription options cost $11.95 for one month, $4.92 for one year, and $4.13 for one month (2 Years)
- A 30-day money-back guarantee is provided.
- 24/7 customer service is available by live chat and email
Surfshark is also one of the best VPNs with a kill switch, which disconnects your device from the internet if your VPN connection is lost. Its kill switch function assures that you don’t have to use an unencrypted connection to access the internet, preventing leaks and breaches.
Aside from that, it includes everything you’ll need to keep your online traffic secure and confidential. IKEv2 and OpenVPN, for example, use 2048-bit encryption keys, and AES 256-bit encryption makes decrypting encrypted data more difficult for hackers and service providers.
Surfshark VPN can also be configured to automatically stop specific programs via a kill switch if you connect to it accidentally. Furthermore, with a speed of 126Mbps, it is one of the fastest VPN connections available, making it a complete VPN service.
- There are 3,200 servers available in 65 countries.
- It uses IKEv2, OpenVPN, Shadowsocks, and Wireguard protocols.
- Kill Switch, CleanWeb, Camouflage Mode, MultiHop, Private DNS, Leak Protection, and Two-Factor Authentication are among the safety and security features.
- There are no bandwidth restrictions.
- Follows a strong no-logs policy.
- Allows you to connect an unlimited number of connections at the same time.
- Unblocks major stream apps such as Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, HBO Now, Hulu, Dazn, and Hotstar.
- Allows peer-to-peer communication
- The monthly subscription prices are $12.95 for one month, $6.49 for six months, and $2.49 for a year (24 Months)
- A 30-day money-back guarantee is provided.
- Customer Support is available by live chat and email 24/7
For a variety of reasons, Express VPN is one of the most popular VPNs with a kill switch. And apart from the kill switch, the ease of use and unparalleled speed are some of its most significant features. With over 3,000 servers spread across 94 countries, Express VPN is frequently recognized as one of the best and fastest VPN services on the market.
It boasts a clean UI and open-source apps that are ad-free, secure, and easy to use. Furthermore, the service safeguards your online privacy by not storing any of your personal information or browsing history.
Furthermore, it employs a variety of security protocols, including Lightway, OpenVPN, IKEv2, L2TP/IPSec, and PPTP, to ensure that your data is secure while simultaneously providing you with the highest internet connection.
- 3,000 servers are available from 160 VPN locations in 94 countries.
- It includes a kill switch, numerous security protocols, split tunneling, TrustedServer Technology, and enhanced leak protection.
- Uses RSA-4096 and SHA-512 HMAC authentication with 256-bit AES encryption.
- Utilizes the Lightway, OpenVPN, IKEv2, L2TP/IPSec, and PPTP protocols.
- Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Youtube, Amazon Prime, Disney+, HBO Max, and Hulu are among the unblocked streaming apps.
- You will be able to stream and download any online content with unlimited bandwidth.
- Ensures to keep no activity or connection logs.
- You can connect up to 5 devices at the same time.
- Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Linux are all supported.
- It offers a multilingual interface with 16 languages to choose from.
- Offers three plans: $12.95 for one month, $9.99 for six months, and $6.67 for fifteen months (with three months free).
- Provides a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Customer service is available via live chat 24/7
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 126.96.36.199 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Best Free VPN with Kill Switch
Thankfully, there is a free VPN service that provides a kill switch. However, the free version of the service contains fewer features than the premium one.
TunnelBear is a free VPN service with a kill switch feature known as Vigilantbear. And because TunnelBear is free, it doesn’t have as many features as some of the other VPNs on this list, but it does provide a basic VPN service to consumers who want to safeguard their connection.
It allows you to surf the web anonymously and without being tracked by your internet service provider. TunnelBear is a simple VPN solution that keeps your browsing fast, simple, and secure on any device. Furthermore, it is an excellent choice for individuals on a small budget because of its free service.
- 3,000 servers from 38 countries are available.
- Successfully unblocks HBO Max, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and Kodi player.
- It offers 500MB of bandwidth.
- Includes a Strong IP and DNS leak protection.
- Do not keep records of the customer’s activities.
- Implements OpenVPN and IKEv2 protocols
- Uses military-grade AES-256 encryption and SHA-256 authentication.
- For their paid plan, they could use up to 5 simultaneous devices.
- Paid plans begin at $3.33 a month, which is still an excellent value.
- Support is available via email and a chatbot.
- It includes a built-in adblocker.
- Can bypass China’s Great Firewall
What is VPN kill switch?
A VPN kill switch is a feature of top VPN providers that helps their customers keep their online anonymity. In the case that your VPN service is interrupted, a VPN kill switch will automatically unplug your device from the internet. This way, you won’t be able to view content without even realizing you’re no longer connected to the VPN service.
Should I turn on the VPN kill switch?
Yes, we recommend using the Kill switch to ensure that no IP addresses and other data are leaked or breached.
Can I leave my VPN on all the time?
Yes, you can leave your VPN all the time. We always advise our readers to use a VPN whenever they browse, view or access any online content. It’s because you never know when prying eyes, such as hackers and phishers, will be waiting for you with your IP address and personal information exposed. That way, you may rest assured that your data will never be stolen.
For secure and anonymous internet browsing, a VPN kill switch is a must-have tool. It’s because the online security that your VPN service provides will be compromised if your VPN connection fails or the power goes out.
A kill switch prevents this by cutting off your internet connection in the event of a VPN tunnel interruption. It also ensures that customers’ identities will not be exposed because it assists you in ensuring that your entire internet activity is not logged
Thankfully, the kill switch option has been developed, as it is one of the best VPN features. And fortunately, many VPN services have adapted to this technology and now provide it with their subscription. Finally, we’d like to thank you for taking the time to read our article on the Best VPNs with Kill Switch.
We hope we were able to give you the best options and that we were able to influence your decision to use the kill switch.