Sportz Kodi Add on
Sportz is a brand new add on in 2019, with a wide range of sports, though mainly concentrated on what we would categorise as manly America sports! So, you can come here for your daily fix of fishing, hunting and wrestling.
A relatively basic looking add on with some good working streams, coming from the well-respected Butter Fingers repository, so let’s see what happens!
These are the 3 most common errors you might see with Sportz:
- Add on won’t install / start: There are a couple of reasons why an add on won’t install or start. Firstly, make sure that you have typed in the exact URL. Next check that the URL is working on an internet browser. Also have a look through Google and Reddit and see if you can find any recent threads about the add on being down or not working. If those fixes don’t work, read on our guide linked above.
- Source not working/slow/frozen: When trying to find live sport streams, you are going to run up against a lot of problems, including broken links, degraded streams or just poor-quality watching. Always bear in mind you must be patient when trying to stream Live TV. Wait a full 10 seconds for the stream to connect and refresh the stream a few times, in case there has been an error connecting you to the streaming server. If none of these fixes work, then try and read through more guides linked above.
- Kodi check log error. You’re unlikely to get this error if you have only just started using Kodi, but you will become more used to it as time goes on. To make sure that you don’t spend time staring at a blank screen while your content buffers, Kodi will cache the first couple of seconds of every piece of media to watch. So, if you returned to it later, you would only have to wait for it to buffer once. Over time your media cache will fill and need to be emptied. To find out how to do this and other ways to fix check log errors, read on our guide linked above.
Sports is a sound add on, being fresh and new it as that on its side. Now we just need to wait and see whether the add on gets enough users to make it worthwhile for the developer to stay for the ride.
The nature of the sports streamed is widespread, we don’t often see fishing.
Honestly if you want something potentially a bit more stable, with the provenance of having history on its side we recommend using Sports Devil for now. That or Mobdro. Between there isn’t a channel or a sport that they wouldn’t cover.
Sportz is a good add on to have as a backup, but there isn’t enough on it, to let us know whether it’s a good add on that’s going to stay or one that will go dark in a few months.
Or you can pay $7+ a month and get yourself a premium IPTV provider like Player’s Klub, Helix or Sports TV. All offering at least 3,000+ channels in glorious HD and you will never have to worry about whether your stream will be working again.
- Game Sports
- Motor Sports
- Euro Sports
- Women’s Sports
- Combat Sports
- Sports Documentaries
- Women’s Wrestling
How to Install Sportz on Kodi with Screenshots
- From the home screen, select the cogwheel at the upper left.
2. Select System in the bottom right corner.
3. Select Add-ons on the left side of the screen.
4. Select Unknown sources.
5. Click Yes to allow unknown sources.
6. Select File manager.
7. Click Add source.
8. Click on <None>.
9. Type exactly: http://j1wizard.net/butter/
10. Click on OK.
11. Select enter a name for this media source.
12. Name is Sportz (this part isn’t critical as long as you remember the name).
13. Click on OK.
14. Click on OK.
15. Take one step back and click on Add-ons.
16. Select install from zip file.
17. Click on Sportz (or whatever you named the source).
18. Click on repository.butter-0.9.6.zip.
19. Select on Install from repository.
20. Click on Butter Fingers Repo
21. Pick Video add-ons.
22. Select Sportz again.
23. Click on Install.
24. Select OK after reviewing the add-ons that will be installed.
25. You should see a popup in the upper right corner saying Sportz has installed. There will actually be multiple popups for the various components.
26. Click on Open to start the Sportz add-on.