Watch the UFC on Firestick
Since being founded in 1993 the Ultimate Fighting Championship also known as UFC has exploded globally and probably become more popular than even boxing as the foremost premier fighting experience to watch.
In this guide we look at what an Amazon Firestick is, how much you have to pay to watch UFC PPV (Pay Per View) fights and what you could save using a VPN, how to get a VPN and the 3 best VPN’s for watching the UFC online.
Finally, we reveal how you could watch the UFC for free using Kodi, how to install Kodi and what are the best add ons to watch the UFC on Fire Stick.
What is a Firestick?
The Amazon Fire TV Stick is the most popular streaming media player in the world. Giving you access to 3,000+ channels as well as downloading streaming applications like Kodi which allows you to watch almost any media you can think of for free.
The Firestick plugs into your TV, and you just connect and go. It’s also budgeting friendly with the device regularly selling for $40 or less, comes with a remote which can be voice controlled using Alexa.
A fan favourite for media streaming on a budget, with 4K capability, a quad-core 1.7 GHz processor, and 8GB of storage the Fire Stick has everything you need to get started streaming online with your TV.
Paying to Watch the UFC
The UFC is one of the most popular PPV events in the world, with big-ticket fights costing as much as $60 for one-time access.
ESPN+ holds full streaming rights for the UFC in the US, in the US you can pay for the full bundle for $79.99 (https://plus.espn.com/ufc/ppv ) which includes access to the upcoming PPV fight night as well as an ESPN+ annual plan, which by itself would set you back $60.
Though the price seems steep we can recommend the days when you would have had to pay $40-60 a month to gain access to premium sports channels. Streaming online has drastically reduced the cost of paying for big fights.
If you are based in the UK, you can save yourself some money and subscribe through BT Sport who holds the UK streaming rights for the UFC. You can get access to BT Sport for as little as £10 a month, giving you access to 5 BT Sport Channels and ESPN. Or you can pay £40 a month to get broadband as well. (https://www.bt.com/sport/app/ )
If you are going to be based outside of the UK or the US, you can use a VPN to log into a resident server in the country and watch the latest UFC fight anywhere in the world. Read on to learn more about our best picks for VPN’s for the UFC
Using a VPN to Watch the UFC for Less
If you don’t fancy paying that much for the UFC, you can use a VPN to buy a cheaper subscription in another country.
You can connect to a server in the Philippines and get access to a UFC PPV fight plus a 6-month subscription for as little as $42!
Simply log into your VPN, switch to a Philippines-based server, and visit the official UFC page.
What is a VPN?
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a piece of software that enables you to connect to the internet using an “encrypted tunnel”
You download the client onto your device and connect to the VPN’s DNS (Domain Name Server)
This connection is encrypted using cutting-edge technology, generally an OpenVPN 256-bit AES encryption. The same encryption is used by the US military. If you’re worried about someone breaking the encryption, don’t. It’s never been done and at current computing power would take a bank of Cray supercomputers longer than the current age of the known Universe!
Why Use a VPN?
Using a VPN has several benefits:
- Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) monitors and records all your internet traffic. In the US and the UK and many other countries, they must retain this data by law. This means they can block your access to sites that may have censored content, like the UFC PPV fight stream for free
- Using a VPN, you can change your IP address and your location by using their servers based all around the world
- A VPN can be used to shop for the best deals in terms of e-commerce and subscriptions for the UFC by logging into country websites not accessible from your home country
- You can keep yourself safe and anonymous online, as not even, your ISP is able to tell what you are doing online, your data is encrypted and unreadable
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi. Currently, your IP 126.96.36.199 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider. Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN: A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 188.8.131.52 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
SurfShark has an excellent reputation for great customer service, with a 86% of it’s users giving it a 5 out of 5 on Trustpilot. One of the few Tier 1 VPNs which owns all its own infrastructure. It has 3,200 servers in 65+ countries meaning you can access the UFC wherever you are in the world.
If you want to learn more, read this Surfshark VPN review.
Grab your subscription now!
How to Install Surfshark on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
You can download Surfshark directly from the Amazon App store. It will be easy for you to find Surfshark with your Firestick’s Find feature. Refer to our screenshots below.
Follow our screenshots below to install the SurfShark VPN app on your Fire TV stick.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate towards the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
Learn more about Surfshark and Grab the Best Surfshark Deal Now!
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
Watching the UFC for Free with Kodi
If you don’t want to pay for the UFC at all, there is good news.
There are plenty of ways to watch the UFC for free. Of course, we always advocate you do so in a safe way, and the best way to legally watch the UFC is through ESPN or BT Sport.
All you need to do is get Kodi installed on your Fire Stick.
Kodi is an open source media player first released in 2002. Since then the media player has exploded with over 50 million downloads and one of the most popular players for streamers worldwide.
The software has remained popular because it plays such a wide variety of codec or media file formats. Kodi has a 10-foot user interface which allows compatibility with your television. Kodi gives you access to thousands of add ons to watch any type of media you can think of including the UFC. All for free.
Watching the UFC on Kodi
The first thing we need to do is get Kodi installed on your Firestick. Follow these step by step instructions to get up and running in minutes:
- Open your Fire Stick on your TV and go to settings
- Go to Fire TV and then Developer options
- Turn “Apps from unknown source” on
- Go back to the home screen. Click the search icon on the top left-hand corner of the screen and write in “Downloader”
- Download and install, then click open. Allow Downloader to access files
- You can then download Kodi from the official website: https://kodi.tv/download, by typing the URL into the bar presented on the Downloader screen
- Once Kodi is installed you can find it under the Apps and Channels tab on the home screen
- Launch Kodi and you are ready to install some kick-ass add ons and find your UFC fight
Best Kodi Add Ons for Watching the UFC
Once you have Kodi up and running, it’s now just a simple case and finding the best add ons to stream your UFC fight.
Probably the best live streaming add-on for Kodi. Mobdro has hundreds of channels that are consistently stable. You can find UFC on Fox, Sky Sports or BT Sport. There are also plenty of other sport’s channels as well as spotlights for popular PPV events coming up.
Planet MMA: http://www.onenation.info/
A dedicated MMA add on which concentrate solely on the UFC and upcoming PPV fights from around the world
Sport’s Devil: http://www.lvtvv.com/repo/
The best sports add-on for Kodi. Many other add ons use Sport’s Devil as a dependency which means they rely on the links that they provide. Sport’s Devil is the original “daddy” for Sport on Kodi and has been around for years. Trustworthy and dependable a must-have for any sport’s nut
Halow Live TV: http://kurdmovie.net/
Another great live TV add-on, which offers a wide range of channels including sports. Reliable add on which works most of the time.
cCloud TV: http://www.lvtvv.com/repo/
A big favorite with many Kodi users because it’s so stable and always gets good links. You can find a dedicated live sports section to see the latest PPV fights with working links.
Whenever using Kodi add ons we always recommend that you use them with a VPN. Without a VPN you may find many of the links do not work as they have been blocked by your ISP.
Also, add ons are temperamental. They tend to go down at a moment’s notice so it’s best to download all the above. Also, have a number of add ons as a backup.
Template Instruction for Installing You Add On
Below you will find a template to use for any of the add ons above, all you need to do is put in the URL into the <ADD ON URL> section
- From the Kodi Home screen go to setting, system and turn on Unknown sources
- Return to file manager, add source and “Add None”
- In the pop-up bar type in the <ADD ON URL>
- Name the source then go to add ons, install from zip file
- Wait for the file to unzip and then install from the repository
- Install all add-ons and the add on can be found on your home screen
Watching the UFC has never been easier. The benefits of getting a VPN are so much bigger than the price that you pay for a subscription. You can use your VPN to get the UFC cheaper or even watch it for free using Kodi.
With a VPN you can be sure that you never need to miss out on a UFC fight ever again.