This article will show you how to install Otaku Kodi Addon on Firestick/Android.
Otaku is a Kodi Addon from Hooty’s Repository that allows access to anime streams. Its primary sections are Last Watched, Airing Anime Calendar, Airing Anime, Movies, TV Shows, Trending, Popular, Voted, Completed, Upcoming, Top 100 Anime, Genres & Tags, Search, and Tools. Furthermore, by installing the Otaku Kodi Addon, you may watch your favorite anime for free. Isn’t it a great deal?
Before we go into how to install Otaku on your Kodi-compatible device, we should point out that Otaku is a third-party Kodi Addon. It is not run by the Kodi Team, and Kodi disclaims all responsibility for any harm or damages it may inflict on its users. Because of this, we advise using a VPN like Surfshark before installing it to ensure that no data breaches or leaks will happen.
How To Install Otaku Kodi Addon on Firestick (Video)
How To Install Otaku Kodi Addon on Firestick
You can follow this tutorial to install the Otaku Kodi Addon on your Firestick.
1. Launch the Kodi app on your Firestick. Click on the gear wheel icon (Settings)
2. Select “System”
3. Scroll down to “Add-ons” Then Go to “Unknown sources” then toggle it on.
4. Select “Yes”. Then using your Firestick remote, press the return button to go back to the System page
5. Now choose “File Manager”
6. Scroll down and select “Add source”
7. Click “<None>”
8. Type in “https://goldenfreddy0703.github.io/repository.hooty” then click “OK”
9. Highlight the box under the source to give the media source a name, and put “otaku” or any other name that will help you identify it quickly. Click “OK”. Return to the System page by pressing the return button on your remote
10. Select “Add-ons”
11. Choose “Install from zip file”
12. Click “Yes”
13. Select “otaku”
14. Then click on the zip file URL – repository.hooty-1.0.zip
15. Wait for the notification “Hooty’s Repository Add-on installed” to appear on the upper right part of the screen
16. Afterward, select “Install from repository”
17. Then click “Hooty’s Repository”
18. Select “Video add-ons”
19. Click on “Otaku”
20. Then click “Install”
21. Click “OK” for the additional add-ons that will be installed
22. Then wait for it to install. It’s finished once you see the “Otaku Add-on Installed” message appear.
23. Select “Otaku”Then select “Open”
24. That’s it, Otaku Kodi Addon is already installed on your Firestick.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 220.127.116.11 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
- Contains anime movies and TV shows.
- Gintama, Fruits Basket, Fullmetal Alchemist, Attack on Titan, Hunter x Hunter, Bleach, and other well-known anime series are available.
- Genres & Tags: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Ecchi, Fantasy, Horror, Mahou Shoujo, Mecha, Music, Mystery, Psychological, Romance, Sci-Fi, Slice of Life, Sports, Supernatural, Thriller, 4-koma, Achromatic, and more
- Streams in 4k, 1080p, 720p, and SD video quality are available.
- Allows you to skip show intros.
- You can use the search function to look up movies, TV shows, or both.
- Customizable options for managing the audio, subtitles, videos, and colors.
Pros & Cons
- Some of its content already includes default subtitles.
- Gives access to free anime streaming.
- No buffer.
- To watch the video, you must manually click the play button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Its material can only be viewed after installing the InputStream Adaptive Addon.
Stream Safely With a VPN
With the help of software like Kodi, you can now watch anime for free. However, as we frequently remind our readers at Reviewvpn, you should always keep your internet activity safe to stop hackers and phishers from stealing your information. Particularly with third-party add-ons, where you have no idea who may be lurking on them and searching for vulnerable IP addresses to harvest data from for monetary or malicious motives.
And you need a VPN, or virtual private network, to assist you with that. A VPN, such as Surfshark, can help you protect your privacy by providing you with an anonymous IP address that protects your data from prying eyes on the internet. In addition, it uses uncrackable AES-256 GCM encryption to secure your connection, so you can be guaranteed that neither your incoming nor outgoing traffic will be visible to the apps you visit.
- It has over 3,200 servers in over 100 locations, guaranteeing that you always have a secured internet connection for your daily needs.
- Access any content from any location in the world by getting around geo-restrictions and censorships.
- Make sure that IP addresses are hidden and that no records are stored.
- Enjoy unlimited internet bandwidth so you may stream anything you want.
- With Surfshark’s limitless number of simultaneous connections, you can connect all of your devices at the same time.
- You may use Surfshark on any device you own because it is available on all major platforms.
- The kill switch feature will immediately disconnect your device from the internet if your VPN connection is unexpectedly disrupted.
- Its Cleanweb feature guards against malware and advertisements.
- There is also a pop-up blocker for cookie consent.
- Surfshark encrypts your connection even while using free WiFi or a hotspot.
Note: For more information about Surfshark, please read our Surfshark Review.
How to Install Surfshark VPN on Firestick
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
Follow our screenshots below to install the SurfShark VPN app on your Fire TV stick.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate towards the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
Learn more about Surfshark and Grab the Best Surfshark Deal Now!
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
What is Otaku Kodi Addon?
The Hooty’s Repository’s Otaku Kodi Addon offers movies and TV shows for Anime streaming.
Is Otaku Kodi Addon Safe?
Installing it on your device is safe. However, because Otaku is run by third-party developers, it is best to remain anonymous to keep your data safe from prying eyes.
Is Otaku Kodi Addon Legal?
We cannot guarantee that Otaku provides legal material. Therefore, it is advisable to simply choose an anonymous streaming.
Is Otaku Kodi Addon Free?
Yes, one of the advantages of Otaku is that it is free to use and stream from.
You should check out Otaku Kodi Addon if you like watching anime. You may certainly find the content you’re looking for because it includes the most recent and timeless anime films and TV episodes. It is fantastic that it is also free to use. Consequently, you wouldn’t have to be concerned about paying for a subscription or logging in only to watch your favorite anime. Enjoy the stream!