This article will show you how to get subtitles on Kodi.
Kodi is a popular media player that allows you to watch thousands of content from different Kodi addons and build. It also allows you to watch movies, tv shows, sports, and more for free and in a less buffering experience. However, streaming movies and TV shows with subtitles are extraordinary. Subtitles help you understand the languages and conversation of the actors much better.
One of the popular websites that has a large collection of movie subtitles is OpenSubtitles.org. This website has thousands of subtitles with over 50+ different language options to choose from. This site uploads its subtitles with a movie’s name, upload date, comments, different languages available, and quality of subtitles. It also allows you to register an account for free to access your subtitles.
Subtitles are also good for those movies that are barely audible and for actors who speak inaudibly, these subtitles help you understand the movie. The good thing is, the Opensubtitles is available on Kodi and works well with other Kodi add-on movies. It is an easy process that lets you directly download subtitles on their website. If you love to stream online on Kodi this open subtitle service is a good option to have a better experience in streaming online. This article will walk you through how you can set up and get subtitles on your Kodi.
How to Get Subtitles on Kodi Using OpenSubtitles
This is a step-by-step guide on how you can get a subtitle on your Kodi using opensubtitles. Follow the simple step below to successfully get subtitles for movies on Kodi.
Step 1: Register An Account on Opensubtiles.org
1. Open a browser and go to https://www.opensubtitles.org/
2. Click on the Register button at the top of the page
If you have an existing account, click the Login and enter youtube account credentials.
3. Enter your preferred username, E-mail address, password and pass on the I’m not a robot quick test. After that, click on the Register.
4. That’s it! Now let’s proceed to step 2.
Step 2: Install The Opensubtitles On Your Kodi
1. Open your Kodi and click on the settings icon.
2. Select on the Add-ons.
3. Click on the Install from Repository.
4. Scroll down and select the Subtitles.
5. Choose the OpenSubtiles.org
6. Click on the Install button.
7. Wait for the Opensubtiles.org installed message to appear.
8. Tap on it again and click the Configure.
9. Enter your account Username and Password. Click OK.
10. Go back to your Kodi main menu and click on the settings icon again.
11. Select the Player.
12. Scroll Down And click Language.
13. On the right screen, tap on the Languages to download subtitles for in Download Services and choose your preferred languages for your subtitles.
14. Now, select on the Default TV show service.
15. Choose Opensubtitles.org as your option.
16. After that click on the Default movie service.
17. Choose Opensubtitles.org again.
18. That’s it! You can now see your screen like this.
Step 3: Play a Movie or TV Show and Download a Subtitle
1. Go to your addon and apply a movie, as for this example, we use Night of the Living dead.
2. Tap on the subtitle icon at the bottom right part of your screen.
3. Choose on the Download subtitle.
4. Now, choose a subtitle file that you want. We suggest you choose those who have good ratings.
5. That’s it! You can now enjoy streaming on your Kodi with Subtitles.
Features of OpenSubtitle.org
- It has official subtitles on Kodi.
- Brings you 5,787,721+ of movies and TV shows that are legally owned and uploaded by their users.
- Subtitles work well in any streaming APKs as well as on the Kodi addon.
- You can download/upload/search subtitles on OSDb protocol using special Hash
- It’s one of the websites that has the largest multi-language subtitle database
- You can easily create an account on their website for free.
- This website has an advanced search that allows you to find subtitles by genre, IMDB rating, year, and more.
- It supports third-party applications
- Available request button that allows you to request subtitles of your favorite movie in different languages.
- Subtitles are well organized alphabetically.
Pros and Cons
- Easy and free registrations
- It works well on Kodi addons and other third-party streaming services.
- Millions of subtitles are available to download.
- Accurate and multi-language subtitles are available.
- It allows you to easily download subtitles on your Kodi.
- Some movies’ subtitles are not accurate and have no timing.
Importance of Using a VPN
If you love to stream online, we suggest that you install a VPN on your device for security reasons. Having a VPN on your device while you stream online is a good decision, whereas you don’t need to worry about any threats or harm online because you are being protected by secured software. This VPN will automatically encrypt your real IP address to keep you anonymous from your Internet Service Provider.
We highly recommend choosing IPVANISH as your VPN because it has a high standard of security that will keep you protected 24/7. This VPN also prevents your ISP from snooping and interfering with your connection to prevent buffering and lags while streaming online. It also has a lot of impressive features, and some of these are:
- Destroys geo-block and gains access to different content globally.
- Bypass censorship and restrictions.
- A high standard of AES 256-bit encryptions will safeguard all of your data.
- 100% zero logs and no IP address leaks.
- IPvanish has over 40,000 anonymous IP addresses on 1400 servers and 75+ locations.
- Keep your file protected from harmful malware.
- Prevent ISPs from interfering with your connection and speed up your internet.
- It gives you unlimited bandwidth and makes your internet speed faster.
- Keep your identity anonymous to protect you from hackers, especially when you are using public wi-fi.
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”.
3. You can either say “IPVanish” to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the “IPVanish” icon.
5. Click on “Download”.
6. Wait to “Download”.
7. Wait to “Install”.
8. Click on “Open”.
9. Input your username and password to “Log In”.
10. Click “Connect”.
Alternatives for OpenSubtitles.org
We list down some subtitles website alternatives for Opensubtitle that you can use on your Kodi.
- unofficial Subscene
How can I turn off the Kodi Subtitles?
You can simply turn off or stop subtitles by uninstalling the opensubtitles addons.
Can I download subtitles in OpenSubtitles.org for free?
Yes, you can download any subtitle you like on the website for free.
Is it safe to download and use subtitles from OpenSubtitles.org?
Yes, all subtitles in this org are safe to use and download.
Is OpenSubtitles.org legal?
Yes, this is a legal org that compiles subtitles from legitimate sources and from their users who choose to upload their subtitles.
Streaming online with subtitles is very convenient because you can easily understand the movies by reading the subtitles below. It also helps you understand international and Asian movies and TV shows with the use of subtitles, you don’t need to learn their language to watch their content because with OpenSubtitles you can easily understand it. The good thing is, this subtitle is now working well on Kodi. We hope that this article guides you on how to get subtitles on your Kodi using OpenSubtiels.org.