FireStick/Fire TV Overview
Watching TV has been evolving quickly around the world alongside the forerunners of video streaming services such as Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Hotstar, Netflix, and etc. DTH may possibly be a thing of the past. Video Streaming Services don’t only provide better and more content but also offer users the choice of what they want to stream. With over millions of TV shows, documentaries, movies, etc, users can pick anything they want. The most recent service that has entered in the video streaming category is the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
The Firestick is an exclusive Amazon product that offers tons of services such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Gaana, Hotstar, and many more. However, this is not the only summit of features that the Firestick has. That’s right, you guessed it! The Firestick remote now comes with the Alexa Voice control. So, now you can just relax and control everything by using your voice. It’s amazing, right?
If you are planning to buy an Amazon Fire TV Stick or if you have one already and you don’t know how to set the device, then do not worry. This article will guide you on how to set up your Amazon Fire TV Stick onto your TV.
All you need to do is follow the steps carefully and everything will be a piece of cake. However, before you begin setting up the device, there are just a few prerequisites that need to be mentioned. These are the things that you will need in order to set up and launch your Amazon Fire TV Stick. Take note that these requirements are not part of the Fire Stick Box set, so what you will be needing are:
- A TV that is compatible with Firestick. You will need an HDTV that has an HDMI port for the Firestick.
- Internet connection. The device does come with its own internet source. So, you need to connect your Firestick device to a strong and active WiFi network so that you can watch video content in High Definition.
- An Amazon account. You will need to register or sign up to your Amazon account so that you can link it to your Firestick device. However, if you buy the Firestick device using your Amazon account, then the device will already be registered on that account. You may change it anytime you want.
Installation Guide For Fire TV Stick
- Plugin your Fire TV Stick device into the HDMI port of your TV and then plug in the adapter into an outlet.
- Place the batteries in the Fire TV remote.
- Switch your TV on and shift to the HDMI input channel to your Fire TV.
- Choose the language you prefer.
- Type in your Wi-Fi password.
- Once it’s prompted, download the latest software version of the Firestick.
- Register your Firestick device by using one of the following choices:
- On the device, sign in to your Amazon account:
- Type in your login details.
- Then type in your Amazon account password.
- To register your device, you can use an on-screen code:
- Copy the code being displayed on your screen.
- You can use either your smartphone or computer to go to the link being provided. Then enter the code to finish the registration.
- On the device, sign in to your Amazon account:
- This is optional: you can save your Wi-Fi password to your Amazon account.
- This is optional: you can enable the parental controls.
- Follow the guide on the screen to test the sound and set up equipment such as soundbars.
Installation Guide For Fire TV Cube
- Keep your Fire TV Cube 1 to 2 ft out from any speakers you own.
- Plug the other end of your HDMI cable in the TV, while the other is plugged into the Fire TV Cube device.
- Plugin the adapter into a nearby outlet and then into the Fire TV Cube.
- Place in the batteries into the Fire TV remote.
- Switch on the TV and go to the right HDMI input channel.
- If your remote does not link immediately, then press the Home the button just about until the “Press to start” shows on the screen, this may take about 10 seconds.
- Follow carefully the on-screen guide in order to connect to a Wi-Fi network and download the device’s latest software update.
Note: If you are experiencing problems with your WiFi password, then immediately contact your internet service provider.
- Now, you can sign in using your Amazon account.
- Again, follow carefully the on-screen tests in order to set up equipment control for the device such as soundbars.
Installation Guide For Fire TV Edition TV
- Place the power cord into a nearby power outlet and then into the Fire TV Edition TV.
- Place in the batteries in the Fire TV remote.
- Switch your TV on.
- If ever that the remote does not connect automatically, then long-press on the Home button until “Press to start” shows up on the screen, this will only take about 10 seconds to do.
- Carefully follow the guide displayed on-screen in order to the WiFi and download the device’s recent software update.
Note: If you are facing problems with the password of your WiFi, then you should contact your internet service provider.
- Choose the Full Experience in order to use Alexa, to open the entire AppStore, and get the Fire TV software updates.
- Lastly, sign in using your Amazon account.
Installation Guide For Fire TV Blaster
- Prepare for the setup
- Get the latest edition of the Fire TV application and the Alexa app from your smartphone’s app store.
- Double-check if your Echo and Fire TV device has their latest software edition.
- Register the Alexa app, Fire TV app, Echo app, and the Fire TV device into your Amazon account.
- Now, with the same WiFi network, connect your Echo device, Alex app, and your Fire TV device.
- Begin setting up your Fire TV app.
- Access the Fire TV app that is on your smartphone device .
- Choose the ” + New Devices”.
- Now, select the “Fire TV Blaster”.
- Carefully follow the on-screen guide in order to link your Echo device and Fire TV. You will need to link your Echo device and Fire TV in order for the Fire TV Blaster to function.
- Connect your Fire TV Blaster to Wi-Fi.
- Go on with setting up onto your TV.
- Switch your TV on and go to the home screen of your Fire TV device.
- Go to the device’s Settings.
- Open the Equipment Control.
- Then select the Manage Equipment.
- If your Alexa Voice Remote comes with a volume button, then open the Fire TV Blaster, and then enable the Fire TV Blaster.
- However, if your Alexa Voice Remote does not come with a volume button, then select the Add Equipment, and then select TV.
- If you have many TVs connected to your Amazon account, then use the Alexa app to provide each TV with a different name.
- Carefully follow the guide displayed on the screen in order for the set up to be complete.
Installation Guide For Fire TVRecast Over-the-Air DVR
- For your Fire TV Recast, you must install a digital antenna.
- Plugin your Fire TV Recast and its power adapter into a nearby outlet.
- Access your Fire TV app and sign in using your Amazon account.
- Choose the ” New Device” and then the “Setup a Fire TV Recast”.
- Carefully follow the app guides in order to connect to your Wifi and finish the device registration.
Why Use IPVanish With Your Firestick
There are tons of reasons why you should have IPVanish when you are using your Firestick device.
- STAY PROTECTED WITH ONLINE PRIVACY
Increase your online anonymity, remove any of your digital footprints, and protect yourself from any shoppers while you are using Terrarium, Showbox, Popcorn Time, Morpheus, and many more.
Once you have a virtual private network, or commonly known as a VPN, your actual IP address will now be masked with an IP address that is being shared also with other users. So, you can easily boost up your internet anonymity and turn your internet activities untraceable.
- MAKE ANY INTERNET CONNECTION SECURE
Using a free public WiFi will surely risk your personal information and data. Using an encryption process will protect all your information, and IPVanish will prevent any annoying middlemen, internet service providers, and hackers from overseeing your personal data and information.
From IPVanish’s customer service support to its app development, every bit of the services is being done appropriately from the inside. By removing any middlemen or hackers, IPVanish is now fully prepared to make sure that all your information is being secured and protected.
- GET AROUND CENSORSHIP FILTERS
Governments, employers, and universities from different places are always using online censorship. Now, you have the liberty from any area constraints and browse through the internet as much as you want without being censored.
IPVanish now owns about 2,500 anonymous servers in about 75 places from around the globe, providing the chance to hide your IP address and all your internet activities encrypted with fast speeds.
- STREAM & DOWNLOAD ANONYMOUSLY
If you want great internet protection, then you will surely need a virtual private network, VPN, also you will need IPVanish to get many benefits from a VPN. There are platforms such as Popcorn Time and Kodi that get their content from torrent websites, however, they might as well have geo-restricted regulations.
Now using IPVanish will surely protect your entire internet network by using its advanced encryption system. So, it won’t matter what type of media platform you are streaming with, you will constantly be protected and secured to open any of those platforms.
If you wish to check out and try IPVanish with your Firestick device, then you may easily visit their website.
Install IPVanish on Firesticks with Screenshots
1. Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your left. It will be the search icon.
2. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
3. Click on the IPVanish icon.
4. Click on Download
5. Wait to download.
6. Wait to install.
7. Click the Open button.
8. Input your username and password to log in.
9. Click Connect.
Note: Learn more by reading our IPVanish Review.
Where Can I Buy a Firestick?
A lot of retail stores sell the Amazon Firestick, stores like Target, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and many more. However, you can buy the device online through the Amazon website.
What Channels Can I get on Firestick?
Actually, there are tons of application users that install the Firestick, which also include free TV shows, movies, and as well as Live TV.
Can I Jailbreak a Firestick?
Yes, you can jailbreak the device. It is actually the best option to get applications that are not on the Amazon App Store. These apps are all free and have endless content for you to stream.
Does Firestick Have a Remote?
Yes, the device does come with a remote and it is now supported with the Alexa Voice Control.
Is there a Monthly Fee for Firestick?
No, there are no monthly fees. The Firestick is only a one time purchase. However, there are some apps that can be installed that have a required monthly payment for it to be continually used.
So, that is all! You have now successfully set up your Amazon Fire TV Stick device for the very first time into your TV and now you simply enjoy the many media contents with the help of multiple applications or the jailbreak process that was mentioned. We hope that this article was helpful. However, if you face any issues with setting up the Amazon Firestick, feel free to let us know by writing in the comment section below this article.