Is it Any Good?
Show Box is an app mentioned in the same sentence as Terrarium and Popcorn Time. Around since 2014, Show Box has been downloaded millions of times and has also at times been steeped into controversy.
A number of sites linked to Show Box had to agree to settlements with US copyright lawyers, and there have been a whole host of copycat apps riddled with malware and viruses.
By far one of the most popular apps of all time for Android TV, it is still going strong with a supportive development team and regular update.
Still a great app if you use the official version which has a ton of support and a massive community.
Show Box Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sshowbox/ (50,000+ likes)
Show Box Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/showbox/ (10K+ members)
Screenshots with Step by Step Instruction to Install Cinema HD on a Firestick
- Scroll to Settings from the home screen.
2. Scroll down and to the right until you get to My Fire TV. Click on it.
3. Select Developer options.
4. Turn on ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown Source.
5. Click Turn On when the pop-up appears.
6. Click home on your remote and scroll once to your left. It will be the search icon.
7. You can either say Downloader to your Alexa voice enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
8. Click on the Downloader icon
9. Click Download
10. Click on Open
11. Click on Allow.
12. Type https://showbox.buzz/download/
13. Click on Showbox apk Download
14. Click on Download Showbox apk
15. Click Install.
16. Click Open.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 184.108.40.206 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
What Does It Do?
Showbox uses updated web scrapers to find the best content online and deliver it through a slick User Interface, enabling easy search, click and watch.
Show Box clearly states that it works as a media index tool and does not host any content on its site directly.
What Platforms Does It Work On?
Show Box works on Android and iOS devices. A bonus for those tired of finding good streaming applications that only work on Android.
- Buffer free steaming
- Works with a wide variety of external media players
- Enormous library of movies and TV shows
- Download content and watch offline
- Intelligent search interface allowing you to search by multiple terms and keywords
- Create your own library with favorites
- Sort content functions
- Access multiple servers including fast servers for HD
- Multiple languages are supported as well as open subtitles
- Access multiple resolutions including HD and Ultra HD
- Newly added Show box Music meaning you listen to music on the go
- Inbuilt games
- Clean and intelligent user interface
Pros and Cons
- The UI is hard to fault, with one of the best experiences around
- Enormous library with 5 years’ worth of content
- Download and watch offline is a great feature
- Show box Music is like Spotify but free, great added functionality not available anywhere else
- Access to a wide range of links and high-quality sources
- Massive community
- Regular updates and developer support
- Ultra-fast servers
- Intelligent search makes it easy to sift through the large library
- No compatibility with Premiumize
- A lot of copycat apps and misinformation means caution is needed
- As a high-profile app, it is subject to going down and vulnerable to copyright lawyers
- Reports of some apps from websites having malware
Is it Safe to Use?
Showbox couldn’t be safer, just be wary of copy cat sites and application with similar names, there has been plenty of report of corrupted apk files going around.
Is it Legal or Grey?
A number of Show Box collaborators who were distributing content have been forced to settle with copyright litigators and had their websites shut down. Show Box operates in the grey are of providing links but not hosting content.
If you are using Show Box you are almost definitely watching copyrighted material. Use caution and a VPN to stop you becoming a target.
Should I Use This App With a VPN?
Always use Showbox with a VPN, considering the grief that they have received over the years and that they are a well-known application, both they and their users will be subject to scrutiny by third parties.
Using a VPN will stop you from being tracked and monitored by both your ISP and also anyone watching incoming and outgoing traffic to Show Box’s servers. VPN’s do this by encrypting the data in your requests using a 256-bit AES key, which is unbreakable and used by the US Military.
A VPN’s abilities extend beyond this by allowing your IP to become that of the VPN DNS Server you are using which could be based in a wide range of countries and cities around the world making tracing your original address almost impossible.
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
1. Click Home on your remote and click “Find”.
2. Click “Search”
3. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
4. Click on the IPVanish icon.
5. Click on Download
6. Wait to download.
7. Wait to install.
8. Click on Open.
9. Input your username and password to log in.
10. Click Connect.
Is it Free?
Yes, Show Box is free and down not even require a registration
Are There Ads? (If it has ads is there a modded version)
Yes, there are ads but not a massive amount
Is There a Premium Version?
Is There an Official Website?
Yes, Show Box TV has a great official website with plenty of guides : https://showbox.fun/
Refreshing to see this as many basic Android TV applications give you no help or support at all through guides. Another benefit of using a provider which has a long history.
What Other Devices Does it Work On?
Show Box works on all Android and iOS , and could even be used on Windows with an emulator.
How Does The App Work?
You can download the application on the Amazon store, or directly download the apk file from the Show Box website
What is The Minimum Version of Android I Need?
How Long Has it Been Around?
Show Box has been around since 2014, according to the date on their Facebook page. They are one of the oldest surviving Android TV apps still in operation
Is it a Terrarium Clone?
What is The Development Team Like?
Developed reputedly by Ivan Nichiporuk , their development team or general support is pretty active on Facebook and Reddit.
There are quite a few great alternatives to Show Box including Cinema HD, Zion TV, Cyberflix, Tea TV and Bee TV
Show Box is around and still has staying power, with more than 60 million downloads it is probably the most prolific application of it’s time with the exception of Pop Corn Time.
The development and community seem to be going strong, and rumors of its early demise seem to have been exaggerated. Looks like Show Box is here to stay and a great addition to anyone’s app library even if they aren’t the first choice.