In this article, I will be showing you how to install NHK World-Japan on your Firestick device.
NHK (Nippon Hoso Kyokai) WORLD-JAPAN is a live streaming application by Japan’s only public media organization NHK available in the Amazon App Store. This app lets you stream world news, culture, travel, and the latest information about Japan and Asia. Though the headquarters of NHK is in Japan, streamers all over the world will like this app since programs are in English or have subtitles.
Install NHK World-Japan on Firestick Guide
Since NHK World-Japan is an official app on the Amazon App Store, you can directly download the app without having to jailbreak your Firestick. For the steps on how to install NHK World-Japan on your Firestick device, you may follow the guide below:
- Go to “Search”.
- You may use the Alexa voice command or simply type in “NHK World-Japan”.
- Tap on the icon of the application to download.
- Select “Get”.
- Then wait for the app to be installed.
- Once done, click “Open” to launch the app.
- There you have it, NHK World-Japan is already installed on your Firestick device.
- Once you launch the app, a live stream will automatically start playing on the Homescreen.
- It features NHK Top Docs, Coronavirus updates, Latest Shows, Playlists, Clips, and Programs.
- The app has categories for Arts & Design, Biz/Tech, Culture & Lifestyle, Current Affairs, Debate, Disaster Preparedness, Documentary, Drama, Entertainment, Food, Interview, Learn Japanese, Pop Culture & Fashion, Science & Nature, Sport, and Travel.
- It has a Search function.
- Thumbnails of live channels can be seen on the Homescreen.
- The app has subtitle support (i.e. Spanish, Chinese, French, Indonesian).
- The primary language used in NHK World-Japan is English.
- The TV show schedule is provided and can be seen on the app.
- Has weather update for countries such as Moscow, Kyiv, Vienna, Rome, and Athens.
The live streaming video will take some time to load depending on the speed of your internet connection
Pros and Cons
- Has the option to view live TV with subtitles
- Though the app is for Japan, videos and news on the app are in English
- It supports multilingual live captioning
- It has playlists and short clips
- None so far since the app is working fine and provides what it should be providing without bugs
Should I Use This App With a VPN?
Even if NHK World-Japan is a legal and verified app available in the Amazon Appstore, we still encourage our readers to secure themselves a VPN for a more secure and safe live TV streaming experience. Below are some of the benefits of having a VPN like IPVanish when accessing live contents online:
- You can enjoy unlimited live streaming on your favorite live TV apps like NHK World-Japan without the fear of reaching the data cap set by your ISP. A VPN will avoid your online activity from being logged and tracked by your ISP since you’ll be using a different IP address so lags and buffers will be prevented.
- Your online activity and information will be kept private since you are using an anonymous IP address. In this way, phishers and hackers will be prevented since they won’t be able to access your device and gain your personal information that they can use for malicious or monetary threats.
- You’ll be able to access Geo-restricted contents since a VPN will give you an IP address that’s set in the US. You can also personally set your IP address in different countries where you want to access contents that are only available in their region.
To learn more about IPVanish and its benefits, click here.
How to Install IPVanish on a Firestick
- Once you open your Firestick, click once to the left to gain access to the search button.
- Type in IPVANISH.
- Select IPVANISH.
- Choose Download.
- Wait for a couple of seconds for the download to finish.
- After the download finished, click on Install.
- Once it finishes installing, select Open.
- Type in your username and password.
- Choose Connect.
- There you go, you can now stream or download content.
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
1. Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your left. It will be the search icon.
2. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
3. Click on the IPVanish icon.
4, Click on Download
5. Wait to download.
6. Wait to install.
7. Click on Open.
8. Input your username and password to log in.
9. Click Connect.
Is it safe?
Yes, NHK World-Japan is safe. But we always recommend our readers secure themselves a VPN for a more safe live TV streaming experience.
Is it legal?
Yes, NHK World-Japan is legal since it is a verified app available on the Amazon Appstore.
Is it free?
Yes, NHK World-Japan is 100% free.
Are there registrations?
There is no need for sign-ups or registrations when using NHK World-Japan.
How long has it been around?
The original release date of NHK World-Japan is June 26, 2015.
Does it have an official website?
NHK WORLD-JAPAN’s official website is https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/
What devices does this work on?
This app works on Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, and Apple TV.
Japan is one of the most well-loved countries worldwide because of its history, culture, and beauty. With this, many are interested in the country itself as well as in what’s happening there. So NHK World-Japan is an app that’s suitable and recommendable for people who are curious about Japan as well as past and potential tourists worldwide who want to remain updated on the recent happenings. I also like that there are documentaries that you can watch aside from their live TV channels.
Thank you for reading our article on NHK World-Japan. We hope we were able to help you search and download the app on your Firestick device and gave you a helpful overview of what NHK World-Japan is and what it has to offer to its viewers.