Nefarious Kodi Build
Nefarious comes from The One Alliance Repository and is one of our top recommendations for small and quick builds. The build itself is small, coming in at ~150MB it’s one of the smallest builds out there.
What is Kodi?
Prior to Kodi, there was no software that enables you to watch all forms of media in one place. Invented by a team of hobbyist programmers in 2002 it has grown to become one of the most downloaded pieces of software in regard to media and entertainment, with over 50 million users.
Kodi is highly featured rich and has a large library of codec which means it is easily able to play a wide range of media in its in-app media player. In addition, it also has a 10-foot user interface allowing it to correctly scale Android applications, so they can be viewed and used on television.
The software is completely free and legal, but also feature a large add on the library of unsanctioned add ons which give you access to a wide range of free media that otherwise would need to be paid for.
What is a Build?
Downloading a Kodi Build is the smartest and quickest way for you to start using Kodi. Due to its size and complexity, Kodi can be quite daunting for the non-tech-savvy user which is why there are so many Builds that are freely available to download.
These builds come pre-populated with a large number of add ons which have been handpicked because they provide quality links and are reliable. In addition to this, you can also further customize Kodi using skins and make a wide range of tweaks.
Builds are a good place to start if you don’t want to spend too much time finding and downloading individual add ons.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 220.127.116.11 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
What is Nefarious Kodi Build?
Nefarious is a small build with a ton of great addons and easy usability. They have really cut the build down to the core to give great functionality without any bloated add ons or features.
- One of the lightest addons around
- Reputable build library
- Uses TAP Live TV for live streaming, good for speed and caching
- TV Shows
- 1A Wizard (lots of setting and customization)
- 5 other skins
- Uses Placenta streams for high speed and quality
- Sport’s Devil
- Planet MMA
- Maverick TV
- Tap TV
- Aragon Live
- UK Turks
- Magic Dragon
- UK Turks
How to Install Nefarious Kodi Build
Follow these simple steps to install Nefarious on your Kodi application. We always recommend that you activate and connect your VPN prior to running Nefarious, without it you may not be able to access many of the addons which have their IP blocked by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) :
- Open up Kodi
- Clock on settings (the gear icon in the top left-hand corner)
- Click System
- Turn on Unknown sources
- Go back to the previous screen using the back button and click File Manager
- Click add source
- Click “Add None”
- In the “Enter the paths or browse for the media locations” URL bar that comes up type in: http://onealliancereborn.com/repo/ (If for any reason this link stops working use Google to find a working link/mirror site for the latest working version)
- Name the source Nefarious
- Go back to the Add ons menu
- Click the box icon above the video add ons selection on the menu then install from Zip file
- Click the file named Nefarious then install from repository
- Select Build Menu once the installation completes
- Choose the build which you prefer
- Choose Force close once the build has installed and restart Kodi
- You have your brand-new Nefarious Build
Video on How to Install the Nefarious Kodi Build on All Devices
Is it Safe to Use?
The One Alliance Reborn repository is one of the biggest on Kodi and features several top builds which can be explored at a later date.
The biggest problem you might have is if you choose to download the build from a link that isn’t directly from One Alliance Reborn.
Many websites copycat links and provide their own altered files which could contain everything from trackers to Malware. So, to be safe make sure that you scan any file you download with Malware scanning software.
Is it Legal or Grey?
Nefarious is definitely in the grey area when it comes to watching content. You are going to be skating on thin ice if you don’t use the build with a VPN.
Chances are many of the addons will not work and you may find the build useless without a VPN.
Should I Use This app With a VPN?
We recommend using Nefarious with a VPN for the following reasons:
- Your ISP could be blocking as much as 50% of online content. Many IP’s are blogged and blacklisted because they have been known to distribute illegal content. Meaning they do not have permission from the provider. To get around these blocks you need a VPN to encrypt your connection.
- Maintain your privacy using a VPN, which not only encrypts your data but also obscures your IP address. This prevents your browsing sessions from being logged, your data from being illegally harvested and your presence from being tracked
Is it Free?
When Was It Released?
Nefarious was released in 2017
There are many great alternatives out there offering the same if not better functionality than Nefarious:
- No Limits Magic
- One Nation
Builds do often go down for a limited period of time if that happens just use one of the above or simply search Google to find Builds that are currently up and working. Check our list of Best Kodi Builds.
Nefarious is blazingly quick and really packs a lot under the hood while being one of the few builds we have reviewed that comes under 200MB. We would highly recommend Nefarious if you are using a low RAM device like an Amazon Fire Stick.