How to Install Kodi on iOS
In this write-up, we will teach you extensively, how to install the Kodi streaming app on iDevices such as iPad or iPhone. The Kodi app as we know is compatible with most OS (Operating systems). One good side of the Kodi app is that it allows you to stream all kinds of media both saved or online. Kodi comes with easy to use interface and awesome entertainment features. You may as well use Kodi build and tons of add-ons that are free to use. You can as well, customize Kodi menu options to your choice. You can also be able to install Kodi repositories very easily and fast. If you are confused about the type of Kodi build or best repositories, click on Best Kodi Builds for guidance on making a selection. However, a strong and reliable internet connection is necessary if you want to enjoy the Kodi app on your iOS devices such as iPhone or iPad.
Kodi: What is It?
The Kodi app is formerly known as the Xbox Media Centre (XBMC). It is a software developed for streaming online media from home. Kodi is open-source software that allows you to be able to stream content such as movies, music, tv-series, and lots more. Kodi allows you to save a media file or do online streaming of any digital content easily and conveniently. It is worthy to note that Kodi does not create its media files (meaning they are a medium where you can have access to those files). Kodi allows you to customize menus, interfaces, themes, add-ons, and plugins. You may also customize the skin of your Kodi software to your choice. You can download Kodi on their official download page and you need not worry as it’s compatible with all OS (operating systems). However, for iOS users, jailbreaking is required before installing Kodi; this is because Kodi is not compatible with iOS that is not jailbroken.
Installation of Kodi on iPad or iPhone
Kodi app is not yet available on the Kodi Appstore. So if you want to install this app on your iPad or iPhone, you will need an installer: which allows you to install Kodi on iDevices. The installer app you need is TweakBox. TweakBox app installer is a third party installation app hosting different app that is not found on the Apple Appstore marketplace. It also comes with lots of amazing features and lets you download and install modified apps, applications that are still in their beta mode, and premium apps. All the apps on tweaBox come as cracked versions with great features. One good side of tweaBox is that it allows you to download apps and games that are paid free of charge. With TweakBoX, you don’t need to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad. TweakBox is compatible with Android, iPhone, iPad, and iPods. We advise those using iOS devices such as iPhone or iPad to upgrade to at least version 7 of the iOS operating system. In this tutorial, we are going to use the iPhone XS which operates on the iOS version. That being said, other versions and other devices including the iPad can use this tutorial as well.
Note: As of writing this, Kodi 17.6 Krypton is version is the only available version via the TweakBox app installer. We have two ways which you might consider to install Kodi. One step is via the Cydia and the second step is using the XCODE procedure.
Steps on How to Install Kodi on iPad or iPhone Via the CYDIA Impactor
This is the best way you can use to install Kodi on your iDevices such as iPad or iPhone without having to jailbreak your iOS device. The Cydia impactor is a well-known app that is downloadable and can be installed on windows and macOS and allows users of iOS devices to install apps that are not from the official apple AppStore on iOS powered devices. To use the Cydia impactor app, click on Cydia Impactor and you can also download the Kodi.IPA file.
- Switch on your computer and allow it to the booth. Then use the USB cable or any other compatible cable to connect your iPad or iPhone to the computer (the computer might be windows OS or MAC OS). When you connect your iPhone or iPad to your MAC computer and the iTunes app opens automatically, you need to close it.
- Navigate and launch the Cydia impactor app. Once it opens, you should drag-n-drop the Kodi app IPA file (this you should have downloaded earlier).
- You should ensure that the iPhone or iPad is already selected (do this in the drop-down menu) and after that, click on the start button.
- At this point, the Cydia Impactor will request your Apple identification login details. Enter your ID login details to verify and sign the IPA file. Here you might choose a different Apple ID if you are concerned about your privacy.
- When the installation is completed; navigate to the menu of your device and click on the menu option and click on settings, then select general and then profiles and choose device management (However, note that there will be a variation of these options depending on your iOS versions) scroll to find the profile with your Apple Identification (ID) and click open.
- Click on the “trust” option. This is to enable the trust option on the new Kodi app on your iDevices such as iPad or iPhone.
- At this point, the app is already installed. Launch it and enjoy its streaming features.
Second method: installing Kodi app on iPad or iPhone using the XCODE.
To use this method to install Kodi on your iPad or iPhone, you need to download the following:
First, you need to download the Kodi deb file. The Kodi deb file can be downloaded from here. The Kodi deb file has two versions which are versions 15.2 and 18.2 respectively.
Second, you need the iOS App Signer. This can be downloaded as a zip file. We recommend you download version 1.12 and unzip the file. Ignore any ads you will come across after downloading this file.
Third, you will download and install the Xcode.
You can download and install this file from the Mac AppStore. When you are done downloading and installing these apps on your MAC computer, then let’s get started with the installation of Kodi using the XCODE:
- Boot your MAC computer and plug in your iPad or iPhone via MAC PC and launch the XCODE.
- At this point, you will be prompted to click on creating a new XCODE project. We advise that you ensure that the application is properly highlighted via the iOS section can be found on the left side of your screen. Once you found it, click on the option with a single view application and then click the “next” button.
- A dialog will appear prompting you to identify the type of application you intend to create. We advise filling in the product name (here, you might enter “Kodi”) and on the organization identifier, you may choose com.davidprice. When other fields had been filled already, you might as well leave the other options empty. Now, you should choose the app: iPhone or iPad, or you might leave everything to universal and click the next button.
- The next dialog box that will appear, select the location you want for your GIT REPOSITORY. Here, we saved it on the desktop and tap on the create button.
- Next, don’t give access to “XCODE” to your contacts. You might as well allow access, but we don’t recommend doing so.
- The next dialog box should have a message like this: ‘No code signing identities found’, at this point, to fix such, you need to click the FIX issue button that is found beneath this message.
- The next dialog box will prompt you to enter your Apple ID detail for signing in.
- Return the home screen and a dialog box with this message: “To fix this issue, select a Development Team to use for provisioning” will appear. You are required to choose the “Development team” and the pop message alerting you of the fixing of the issue will pop up. Wait while the fixing is done. Within a while, it will be fixed.
- Launch the App signer which you did download earlier by clicking on its icon. It will prompt you to enter the file; at this point, you will have to find the Kodi deb file which you had downloaded earlier.
- The signing certificate by now must have been filed which contains your Apple Identification details. Click on the profile for provisioning the profile with the identifier which was found above (step3). By now, you should have filled in the New Application ID. When prompted to choose the App display name, you may input “Kodi” and then hit the start button.
- You will be required to select a file name that you will use to save the file, choose any name you can easily remember, and the destination where the file will be saved and then click on save. At this point, the App signer will start unpacking all the data and saving the file. Once everything is set, it will display done.
- Return to the XCODE and navigate to windows and click on devices. Select the iOS device which is found on the lefthand side of your screen. Also, hover on the right-hand corner of your screen to view the details of your iPad or iPhone.
- Navigate to find the.IPA file which the iOS app has generated in step 9 and then click launch or the open button. Wait while the installation is completing. Once it is completed, you will find the Kodi app installed on your device.
- When this is done, remove your Ipad or iPhone. Once you remove it, unlock it, and when an error message like this pops up “untrusted developer”, click cancel.
- You may also use this method: go to the setting of your device and click on settings, then general, and then navigate to find the device manager option. Once you find it (under the developer app), click on it, and tap on the account which you used a while ago, and on the next screen which will come up, click on the “name of account” and the next dialogue box, click on Trust.
- Return to the home screen of your device and you will see the icon of the installed app.
Addons on Kodi
When you are done installing the Kodi app, next is to start adding Add-ons in other to customize your streaming experience. You may choose your favorite Kodi add-ons via Kodi’s list of add-ons. Twitch; this has some similarities with YouTube. It allows you to stream live content such as games and lots more. You are able to download other content that is not game-related.
YouTube: if you are familiar with how YouTube sites work, then you will understand this add-on very well. You will be able to stream trending videos, channels, and live shows. However, you are required to sign in or sign up to use the YouTube Add-on. You can find this in the official Kodi library found on the video section of the Kodi add-0n menu.
SpotiMC, this is a similar Spotify app. It allows you to stream videos and music mp3, music videos. As of writing this, SpotiMC is one of the well-known streaming services globally. You can use SpotiMC as a ZIP file. When the installation is done, you can find the add-on at the Kodi Emby beta add-on section. Click on music Addons and choose Spotify. Open your app and then allow authentication to your Spotify to grant SpotiMC full access.
The APPLE iTunes Podcast
This has an easy-to-use interface. You can download this add-on on the Kodi add-on official library and it has tons of podcasts for you to install.
Kodi app is not directly available on the Apple Appstore for downloading. However, you may install this on your iOS device using either Cydia impactor or the XCODE. Kodi app on iOS devices allows you to stream loads of content such as videos, movies, tv-series, tv shows, and lots more.