Equinox comes from Genie TV which has gained a strong following since it’s release in mid-2018. Genie TV runs its own premium service which you can find at http://genietv.co.uk/. The build is crammed with add ons hence the size coming in at just over 400MB. You can also access genie TV’s proprietary live streaming software which gives you access to hundreds of channels across the world, as well as their specialized Sports Tv service.
Genie TV’s Premium service isn’t cheap with 1 month for £10 and 1 year for £100, but you get access to 1,5000 channels, as well as support for Plex and X Box.
What is Kodi?
Kodi is one of the most widely used free to use media players in the world, downloaded tens of millions of time. First created in 2002 it has become massively popular, being used as an all in one entertainment center because it can play so many different media formats and has so many additional features inbuilt into the player.
The software is also 100% legal and maintained by a regular team of developers. The add on the store has a massive range of add ons from unknown sources which gives you access to heaps of free films, tv shows and much more.
What is a Build?
The best way to get going with Kodi is by downloading a build. This means that you can get a repository that has all the add ons you want, as well as skins and features that have been tested and adapted to your viewing needs.
Save yourself lots of time, by avoiding downloading add ons one by one and get going quickly with a one-time download.
What is Equinox?
Equinox comes from the Genie TV repository, with the added advantage you get access to Genie Tv, an in-house live TV service, rather than a third party add on. This speaks to this build getting ongoing support and updates to continue to deliver a premium service.
- Massive add on a selection
- Access to Genie TV
- Easy to navigate interface
- Widely used
- Increasingly popular
- Regular updates
- TV Shows
- Live TV
- Adult section
Add ons included:
- Merin Project
- Monster Munch
- Genesis Reborn
- Now Music
- Pure Sport
- Maverick TV
- At the Flix
- Genie TV
- Big Star Movies
- Cartoon 8
- Fantastic Movies and TV Shows
- Genie TV Sports
- Jukebox Hero
- Neptune Rising
- Project M
- The Pyramid
- At the Flix
- Bob Unleashed
- Sports Devil
- UK Turk’s Playlist
How to Install Equinox
Take these simple steps to get Equinox going on your Kodi device. Always use the exact URL that we give you. We recommend you have a VPN.
- Open up Kodi
- Clock on settings (the gear icon in the top left-hand corner)
- Click System
- Turn on Unknown sources
- Go back to the previous screen using the back button and click File Manager
- Click add source
- Click “Add None”
- In the “Enter the paths or browse for the media locations” URL bar that comes up type in: http://genietv.co.uk/repo/ (If for any reason this link stops working use Google to find a working link/mirror site for the latest working version)
- Name the source Equinox
- Go back to the Add ons menu
- Select the box icon above the video to add ons selection on the menu
- Install from Zip file
- Click the file named Equinox then install from repository
- Click Build Menu once the installation completes
- Choose the build which you prefer
- Choose Force close once the build has installed and restart Kodi
- You have your brand-new Equinox Build
Is it Safe to Use?
Yes, the application is safe to use and should always be downloaded from the official Genie TV website.
As a popular build, there will be plenty of suspicious websites offering the build through their servers. Avoid them.
Always be careful when downloading builds as they are a common method used by malicious third parties to insert malware on unsuspecting users’ devices. Gaia reportedly infected millions of unsuspecting users with Malware and yet is still around and being downloaded today!
We always recommend that you scan unknown source files with Malwarebytes before opening them.
Is it Legal or Grey?
Equinox is definitely in the grey area when it comes to watching content. The fact that Genie TV offers a service to stream some of the most popular paid-for TV channels around means you are almost certainly treading a fine line. Always use a VPN with Equinox.
Should I Use This App With a VPN?
We recommend using a VPN with Equinox for a few good reasons:
- A VPN helps you stay safe and anonymous online. Through your provider, your IP is changed and your data encrypted meaning that no one can see what you are doing or restrict your access to any content online
- A VPN prevents you from being tracked or having third parties like advertisers and Google harvesting your information
- Using a VPN is the best way to stay anonymous and unseen online
Is it Free?
When Was Equinox Released?
There are plenty of great builds out there
- No Limits Magic
- One Nation
Builds tend to come and go, so if any of the above doesn’t work, simply Google “best builds for Kodi” and find one that is currently up and working.
Equinox is a bigger build and will run slowly first time round as all the add ons update. If you are using a small or low RAM device you might be better off with a smaller size build like Silvo.