How to Install StrongVPN on a Firestick
In this brief guide, we tell you why using a VPN on a Firestick matters, why we love Strong VPN and how you can have it up and running on a Firestick in a matter of minutes.
Why Use a VPN on a Firestick?
The Amazon Firestick is one of the most popular Android streaming devices in the world, but accessing all that content can be difficult without a great VPN service:
- Your Internet Service Provider may censor much of the content you want to watch, so it seems like Kodi might not work but it’s your ISP blocking your traffic
- Many streaming providers use IP pooling particularly if free, to allow people faster access to content, but allowing your Ip to be seen by anyone
- Some content you want to watch might be blocked by Geo-IP blocking, because you are not in a country which can stream their content
- Using a VPN, you can secure your data, hide your traffic from everyone including your ISP, change and encrypt your IP address and even change your physical location allowing you to be anonymous and secure online
Why We Love Strong VPN
To use Strong VPN you will need to have an account and a paid subscription, which you can get here: www.strongvpn.com
Strong VPN avoids the marketing clap trap and is strong and stable just like its name. With over 900+ servers in 26 countries it has big enough range of size for all users.
Monthly plans start from $10 a month dropping to as low as $5.83 a month if you buy an annual plan. Strong VPN has a 30-day money back guarantee on its annual subscription, so you can try them out risk free.
They have gotten great review based upon their 24/7 customer support and work well with Geo-IP locked services like Netflix. Fewer and fewer VPN’s can circumvent Netflix’s restrictions. Also works with Hulu and BBC iPlayer. Strong VPN has also demonstrated a fantastic zero logs policy, which means nothing you do online while connected through them will be logged or handed over to law enforcement agencies.
Strong VPN also owns their own inhouse DNS system, which means you aren’t going to get your data leaked or lost with a 3rd party service. You can also connect a massive 12 devices at the same time.
Something that also really excites us is that Strong VPN were one of the first companies to embrace and try out a beta of the WireGuard protocol, this new age protocol will in time we believe make the industry standard Open VPN protocol obsolete.
For Firestick and Kodi users, Strong VPN is also one of the biggest VPN providers to work with Real Debrid, and they have an easy application you can install from the Google Play Store or the Amazon App Store.
How to Install Strong VPN on a Firestick?
Getting Strong VPN installed on your Firestick couldn’t be easier with you step by step guide:
- Start your Amazon Device
- From the Home screen go to the Apps category
- Select Categories and then Utility
- From Utilities if you scroll through you can find Strong VPN’s app
- Click download, once done, click Open
- Enter in your account email and password
- Find your preferred server, or just use the best available location and click connect
- Allow Strong VPN to set up a connection request, when it says monitor network traffic, this simply means Strong VPN will always connect you to the internet through a secure and encrypted VPN tunnel