How to Install Cyber Ghost on a Firestick
If you feel like joining the legion of friendly “Ghosties” out there using Cyber Ghost VPN on your Firestick, then this the guide for you. We cover why having a VPN on your Firestick is so important, what we love about Cyberghost and a simple step by step guide to get it installed on your device.
Why Use a VPN on a Firestick?
Using a VPN is crucial when using a Firestick or doing anything online. Particularly if you intend to use Kodi on your Firestick
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) monitor all your internet traffic, which means they can block access to certain content. Like illegally streamed media on Kodi. Using a VPN and their DNS you can encrypt your connection, meaning that your ISP cannot block a request that it can’t see or understand
- Many top media services like Netflix, geo lock their content. The same happens if you want to watch a PPV or Live Tv channel through Kodi. If you don’t happen to be in the US, then some of your content could be blocked. Lucky with most VPN’s you get access to hundreds if not thousands of servers, meaning you can change IP address and your location
- A VPN allows you to stay secure using Kodi, where your IP and other detail may be at risk. Be safe and secure using military grade encryption
Why We Love Cyberghost
Cyberghost is one of the largest VPN providers in the world. These Romanian cyber ninjas have been going strong since 2004 and show no signs of slowing down. Their service is used by over 30 million people worldwide, and their infrastructure is supported by a team of over 70 engineers and cyber specialists. They are famous for their transparency and hard line on the freedom for information and exploration.
They offer one of the largest range of servers in the world, with 3,700+ servers across 60+ countries. Meaning that wherever you are in the world you will never be fast from a fast connection. Cyberghost have modified over 1000 of their servers for P2P connections meaning that you get faster upload and download speeds which is great for watching content.
They offer great customer service with an average rating of 4.7/5 over thousands of reviews from Trust Pilot. You can even try it for free for 24 hours or get a 45-day money back guarantee on their annual subscription.
Cyberghost have a strong zero logs policy, some of the fastest connection and streaming speeds in the industry and work well unlocking services like Netflix and BBC iPlayer.
What attracts most people to Cyberghost apart from the quality, breadth and stability is the price. Cyberghost due to its size and age can offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. Get a multiyear subscription from as low as $2.10 per month, allowing you to connect to 7 devices at the same time.
How to Install Cyberghost on a Firestick?
Couldn’t be easier to install Cyberghost on your Firestick as they have an app in the Google Play Store and the Amazon App Store:
- Start from the Home Screen of your Amazon Device
- You can either search from Home Screen for Cyberghost or navigate through the Apps and then the utilities section and search for the Cyberghost app there
- Once you have downloaded and opened the Cyberghost app you will be prompted to enter your details or register an account
- Click the connect button to connect to your chosen server or just use the Best Location to allow Cyberghost to find the best location for you