How to Change Skins on Kodi
In this short guide we cover what a Kodi skin is, the only 2 ways to change skins on Kodi and our top picks for awesome skins on Kodi, or you can ready our in-depth Kodi skins guide here <LINK>
What is a Kodi Skin
When you first install Kodi, you’ll notice that the skin, or appearance is utilitarian, very simple and blue. On Kodi 17 the fault skin is Confluence, and on Kodi 18 its Estuary. Simple menu and icons and blue background.
Nothing to write home about. Luckily there are hundreds of skins out there, and you can easily install a skin to change the appearance of literally anything on Kodi.
From the background image and color, to the menu location and size, icons and how you navigate Kodi and addons. A new skin can make a huge difference to customizing Kodi just for you.
Don’t worry about getting stuck with one skin, in our simple install guide, you will see that changing skins couldn’t be easier.
2 Ways to Change Skins on Kodi
To change skins on Kodi there are 2 simple methods.
Change Skins on Kodi Through Settings
This is by far the easiest way to change skins on Kodi. Here are the step by step instructions:
- Start Kodi and go from the Home screen
- Click on Settings which is a gear icon on the top left-hand corner of your screen
- Click on Interface
- On the left-hand side menu, you will see “Skins” at the top
- On the right-hand side, a menu will come up, with the top category saying “Skin” and the current name of your Skin (If default it will say Estuary or Confluence depending on your Kodi version)
- Click on Skin, a new pop up will appear, the list will only have a few items as this only shows your installed skins
- Click “Get More” you should see a list of 20+ skins, starting with Aeon Nox
- Choose the skin you want, double click, and it will be downloaded to your list of installed skins. You just click Cancel to return to the previous screen, click on the downloaded skin and it will change your Kodi skin
- Once a Skin is downloaded you can further tweak the setting in the Skin section you got to on Step 5
Change Skin on Kodi through a ZIP file
Some skins may not be available in the “Get More” section, so you will need to find and download the ZIP file
- Using your Android device, download your chosen ZIP file and remember where you have stored it on your device
- Make sure you have turned on “Unknown Source”, if you haven’t simply gone to: Settings > Addons > Turn on Unknown Sources
- From the Home menu go to Settings and then Addons
- Click the Open Box Icon on the top left-hand corner of the screen above Video Addons
- Choose “Install from Zip File”
- From the pop navigate to the file location where you saved your earlier ZIP file
- Click on the ZIP and wait for it to install
- Go back to the Home Screen and click Addons
- Then Click Addons from the left-hand vertical menu
- Next click on Look and Feel
- When you click on Skin your new skin should be there
Awesome Skins on Kodi
This is just a quick list of a few of the best skins on Kodi, to check out our review of 20+ awesome Kodi skins read our guide here <LINK>
Some skins we recommend you try:
- Aeon Nox
- Black Glass Nova
- Aeon Tajo