The Roku Video Streaming Players come along with a variety of set-top boxes & sticks. Roku provides tons of video & audio streaming options through its vast selection of applications and TV channels, which includes Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and a lot more.
However, some of those applications’ content is blocked because of geographical licensing restrictions. As a result, some of the best entertainment content may be unavailable in your region.
By utilizing a Virtual Private Network or VPN service, you can obtain access to geo-restricted content, as VPN gives a new IP address to the streaming device, allowing it to deceive a content provider that you’re located in a region where the media content is accessible.
This article reviews the top 5 Virtual Private Networks for keeping safe and improving your Roku streaming sessions.
Best VPNs For Roku
A VPN protects internet connection by transmitting web traffic inside an encrypted tunnel. This prevents hackers, Internet Service Providers, or the government, from monitoring your internet activities.
- IPVanish – It is one of the best VPN services for accessing Roku as well as other video streaming platforms. IPVanish guarantees the highest possible internet speed & minimal buffering. It contains a DNS leak protection that makes sure that its assigned IP address will not be decrypted.
IPVanish is the best VPN service for unblocking popular streaming platforms. It can unblock Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, HBO Max, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and many more.
- Amazing speed
- With owned server network
- Anonymous Torrenting
- Allows 10 devices at the same time
- Unlimited P2P Traffic
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- 256-Bit AES Encryption
- Zero Logs
- Has additional privacy features
- SOCKS5 Web Proxy
- Platforms: Android, IOS, Windows, Mac
- Geo-Locked Content Access
- NordVPN – It is a highly trusted Virtual Private Network service that has proven its quality via consistent performance. It has over 5000 servers, which is more than the servers provided by tons of other VPN services. If you want fast & reliable servers in the United States to stream content via Roku, this VPN provider is perhaps one of the best.
The NordVPN utilizes a double VPN that provides strong encryption to your internet traffic flowing via its VPN server. It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. It works great with Roku.
- ExpressVPN – It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and works well with Roku. It provides a large customer base from across the globe. ExpressVPN provides servers in over 90 countries with more than 3000 servers. Thus, this VPN provider on Roku is always loaded with options with regards to servers, particularly for streaming platforms.
All ExpressVPN servers function with outstandingly high speeds and offer a stable web connection. A chunk of the reason behind the astounding fast speeds is its PPTP protocol. A small number of VPN services provide PPTP protocol which puts this VPN service among the best streaming Virtual Private Network.
Security-wise, ExpressVPN uses strong encryption methods of military-grade standards. If you want to stream media content on Roku anonymously and keep your internet activities concealed, ExpressVPN is one of the best VPNs available.
- CyberGhost – It boasts a quite magnificent server infrastructure, with more than 6500 servers operating in over 90 countries, it allows you to access streaming channels through Roku from around the world.
CyberGhost supports the high-speed PPTP protocol for High Definition (HD) streaming. In fact, it is one of the main features pointed out in some of the CyberGhost reviews on the internet.
- Surf Shark – You can’t help but appreciate the ability of Surf Shark to give you access to almost any streaming TV channel available on your Roku due to its 1700 servers.
Among Surf Shark’s other innovative features, this VPN provides a multi-hop feature that gives twice the privacy & security. It could be one of the features you’ll highly admire.
The Surf Shark is available for your Roku for $2.21 a month, which is a complete bargain. With Surf Shark’s robust encryption & privacy, you can use it to safely stream entertainment content on the streaming device.
As such, Surf Shark’s awesome features and cheap rates make this VPN service a great streaming experience.
What Is Roku?
Roku is a streaming device that allows you to watch media content from the web to your Television. It allows you to stream free and premium entertainment content on your television. It gives you access to movie streaming platforms such as Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Sling TV, Hulu, and many more.
- Roku Express
- Roku Streaming Stick
- Roku Premiere
- Roku Premiere+
- Roku Ultra
- Roku TV
Why Use A VPN With Roku?
A Virtual Private Network or VPN is becoming a necessity for tons of Internet users – because numerous regions have geo-restricted content. Many individuals want to access websites or streaming services from other countries. A Virtual Private Network will provide you an easy & quick solution for this issue. A VPN service helps internet users to keep safe from web spies. Streaming entertainment content and browsing the internet will be completely secure. You can also reduce your chances of a data leak. A VPN service is also beneficial for you if you stream via torrent platforms on your Roku.
Why Should You Choose IPVanish for Your Roku over other VPN Services?
By utilizing the IPVanish VPN service on your Roku device, you’re guaranteed the following:
- IPVanish will not keep any logs of your internet activities
- Access to over 1,300 servers around the world
- It has the fastest VPN download speeds available
- Protection from other Android devices when sharing a local area network
- All network traffic will be automatically blocked when the VPN connection is lost
Install IPVanish on Firesticks with Screenshots
1. Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your left. It will be the search icon.
2. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
3. Click on the IPVanish icon.
4. Click on Download
5. Wait to download.
6. Wait to install.
7. Click the Open button.
8. Input your username and password to log in.
9. Click Connect.
Note: Learn more by reading our IPVanish Review.
IPVanish VPN service provides the best way to protect your Roku as well as other connected Android devices – thanks to the VPN’s superb privacy & security protections. The amazing global server coverage of the IPVanish will help in streaming your favorite movies and TV shows, no matter where you are located.