Activate Trakt Account on Streaming Apps
This article will be highlighting a guide on how to activate and operate Trakt on streaming apps and Kodi.
One of the major criteria we consider when reviewing and testing streaming apps is their ability to integrate Trakt into its system. Trakt is a useful tool in making your viewing experience organized and seamless.
It allows you to manage all of your content by making sure that whenever you exit a video midway, you are assured that when you go back, you will resume where you left off.
This is also helpful when you are going to switch between devices because you will no longer need to search for the last movie or tv show you are watching and go to the process of skimming through it.
Incorporating Trakt on movie and tv streaming applications will help you assemble everything in no time.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
Signing-up For Trakt.tv
- The first thing we need to do before anything else is sign up for a Trakt account. Head to the official website which is https://trakt.tv
- You will see a button that says Join Trakt For Free. Go ahead and choose this.
- Input your email, preferred user name, and password in the blank spaces provided.
- Select Join Trakt
- Supply your desired username and location. Choose your time display, birthdate, and gender.
- Choose Next Step
- You will be then asked to select the genres you are interested in. After the selection, choose Next Step.
- Put on TV and Movies to your account. Brand them by selecting mark items as watched, Collects items you own digital or on a disc, Watchlist items you want to watch, Find where to watch online, and Rate items on a scale of one to ten.
- Choose Next Step
- You will then be asked to choose the social media platforms you are using. Click on as many as you can and choose Next Step.
- You will also have an option to receive notifications when others follow you and leave comments.
- Select Continue to Dashboard
- You have finished the sign-up process.
After signing up, you can now proceed to sync your Trakt account to your go-to streaming applications. The streaming app we will be using to demonstrate the synchronization process is Nova TV.
Synching Trakt on Nova TV
Note: If you don’t have Nova TV on your device, please read Our Nova TV Guide.
- Open Nova TV on your device
- You will see a red-colored icon at the upper left corner of the Home Screen. Click on it.
- You will be redirected to the login page
- Type in your email address and password and click on Sign in
- A notification box will appear asking for a code sent to your device.
- Wait until the code appears and then type it in the space provided.
- Click Continue.
- An Allow Nova TV to use your account notification will appear.
- Select Yes and wait for a few seconds for the sync to finish. After that, you will be redirected back to the Home Screen of Nova TV.
When you are done signing up and logging in, one of the noticeable features of Trakt is its simple interface. You can do a lot of things when you are logged in like see your watch history and upcoming episodes. This is where you see all the magic. One of the main selling points of Trakt is showing you future schedules of the categories you have tagged when you were signing up. It serves as a calendar of events where you can see the full schedule of the shows you like.
You can access the website through your phone’s browser as well so that you never miss out on any new updates.
Do I Need a VPN for Trakt.Tv?
To be technically precise, there is no emergent need to use a VPN service with Trakt.Tv. However, the streaming application that you will use Trakt.Tv will require the services of a VPN. Here are the reasons why:
- Online Anonymity
Using free streaming apps leaves you vulnerable to your ISP because you are being constantly monitored for your online activities.
- Access to Geo-Restricted Content
A VPN service will help you access location-restricted content by re-routing your current IP Address to the location of the content you are trying to watch.
- Faster Speeds
Your ISP will throttle your connection. This means watching videos full of buffering. A premium VPN service like Surfshark has no encryption thus enabling you to watch your favorite shows buffer-free and seamlessly.
How to Install Surfshark VPN on Firestick
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
You can download Surfshark directly from the Amazon App store. It will be easy for you to find Surfshark with your Firestick’s Find feature. Refer to our screenshots below.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate towards the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
Is Trakt Free?
Trakt has two versions, the free version, and the premium version. The premium version has multiple perks that the free version is lacking. They are as follows:
- Removal of the need to watch ads
- It helps the community to maintain the free version
- Review of the content you have seen all year round
- Calendar updates
- iCal news of future TV shows and Movies
- RSS feeds
- CSV exports
- You can choose what to see on Watch Now
- Upgraded filtering
- Upgraded search
- Bookmarking Watch now
- Progress Redo
- You can customize the calendar
- List replication
- Sync Alexa
These added features come at a price of $2.50 a month. This is a very affordable price and you will surely get your money’s worth.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 220.127.116.11 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
We do find the added features of the premium version very attractive. It will level up the way you watch your favorite TV shows and movies. But if you find the price too high, you can always use the free version and still get the standard features that are enough to make a difference in your viewing experience.
We hope that this article helps you in activating your Trakt Account. Please feel free to comment down below for any questions and suggestions. Your feedback will be highly appreciated. Thank you for reading and stay safe!
Note: ReviewVPN.com is not affiliated with any App or IPTV Service nor are we endorsing or promoting any. The sole purpose of this article is for educational purposes only.