This article will guide you on how to uninstall Kodi Addons.
Kodi Addons are simple apps that are mostly streaming services that allow you to stream movies, TV shows, and different videos for free. There are numerous Addons to install on Kodi, which brings you a great lineup of free content to view.
However, there are some issues with Addons, such as it affecting Firestick or device performance because of malware and viruses. One of the technical problems that most Kodi users encounter is the Kodi Buffering issue due to a specific Kodi Addon. Probably most of you were wondering how you can uninstall these Addons. That is why this article will guide you on how to uninstall or delete them.
How to Uninstall Kodi Addons
Here is a step-by-step guide on how you can delete or uninstall not working Kodi Addons on Firestick.
- On your Firestick, open Kodi
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Scroll down and choose Add-ons or the open box icon.
- Click My Add-ons.
- Select All or the folder that contains the Addon you want to delete.
- Look for the Addon you want to uninstall.
- Click on the Addon
- Select Uninstall
- There will be a pop-up box that says “Are you sure?”, Click Yes
- Select the Yes button again
- That’s it! You have successfully uninstalled the Addon.
How to Remove Deleted Addons Data?
Add-ons also store cache and data files that remain in the Kodi directory, even after you uninstall them. These cache data also take some of your storage.
So, here is a step-by-step guide on how you can remove cache data.
- On your Kodi home screen, go to Settings
- Select the Media
- Scroll down on the setting icon where you see “Basic”.
- Click it to change it into Advanced or Expert.
- Select General that is located at the left side screen.
- From this section, click the Show Hidden Files & Directories to enable it
- Go back to the home screen and select File Manager.
- Choose Profile Directory.
- Click Add-on_Data
- On your remote, click on the menu button or the 3 line button.
- Choose Delete
- Once you click on it you will be asked for confirmation, select YES.
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi. Currently, your IP 126.96.36.199 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider. Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN: A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 188.8.131.52 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
Is this process safe?
Yes, this uninstallation process on Kodi Addons is safe.
Is this process legal?
Yes, this is 100% legal.
Can I update a Kodi Addon?
Yes, uninstalling and reinstalling a Kodi Addons is one way of updating an Addon.
What are some of the best Kodi Addons?
Benefits of Uninstalling Kodi Addons
- Uninstalling Kodi Addons is a great way to improve the performance of your device.
- You will have some free storage space on your Kodi.
- It will eliminate malware and Viruses from those specific addons.
- You’ll get rid of not working Addons and unwanted data files.
Do I need to use a VPN?
Since some of the technical problems are caused by Addons, we recommend installing a Virtual Private Network on your device to keep your device protected from malware viruses from different devices. AVPN is a useful security tool that will keep your device protected and keep you secure from snooping ISP, hackers, and trackers.
Having a VPN is like having an online companion and security that helps you with some technical and privacy issues. This VPN will keep your home screen skeptically hiding your identity online.
One of the best VPNs that we suggest is SurfShark which is known as the safest and fastest VPN that offers lots of benefits with impressive features to its users.
Here are the reasons why it is our VPN of choice:
- Destroys geo-block and gains access to different content globally.
- Let you connect to over 3,200 servers in 65+ locations to choose from.
- Zero logs and no IP address leaks.
- Bypass censorship and restrictions.
- A high standard of AES 256-bit encryptions will safeguard all of your data.
- Prevent ISPs from interfering with your connection and speed up your internet.
- It gives you unlimited bandwidth and makes your internet speed faster.
- Keep your identity anonymous to protect you from hackers, especially when you are using public wi-fi.
- It provides a secure environment for everyday internet activity.
- Keep your file protected from harmful malware.
Note: For more information about SurfShark, please read our SurfShark Review.
Click here to get the lowest price on SurfShark through our exclusive limited-time offer.
How to Install Surfshark on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
You can download Surfshark directly from the Amazon App store. It will be easy for you to find Surfshark with your Firestick’s Find feature. Refer to our screenshots below.
Follow our screenshots below to install the SurfShark VPN app on your Fire TV stick.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate towards the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
Learn more about Surfshark and Grab the Best Surfshark Deal Now!
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
When your device performance is not good or suddenly experiences buffering after installing certain Addons. It is good to immediately delete or uninstall these Addons before it affects your device. This process is a great help for Kodi users experiencing technical problems because of some Addons. Removing some Addons is a great way to improve the performance of your device and save some storage space. We hope that this article guides you on how you can uninstall Kodi Addons.