Unblock YouTube At School
This article will give you information on how to Unblock YouTube at Schools. We will also provide details as to why this app is banned at schools and universities. As we go along, we will teach you the best way to Unblock the app whenever you are at school.
Censorship of YouTube
According to Alexa Internet, YouTube was declared as the second most popular website has more than one billion users. However, YouTube was completely blocked in some countries due to a number of violations and reasons which includes:
- Violation of national laws such as Copyright and intellectual property protection laws
- Violation of Hate Speech, Ethics, and Morality-based laws
- National Security Legislation
- Inappropriate content for youths
- Prevents criticism of Religion and Religious Leaders.
- Prevents criticism of a particular Country’s Ruler or Government.
As of 2021, these are the countries that have standing national bans on YouTube: China, Iran, Syria, and Turkmenistan. There are plenty of countries that blocked YouTube because of some violations such as hosting a controversial film about their Religion, Government, Videos of Brutality, Videos of Harassment, and showing other sensitive and confidential videos to the public.
Why YouTube is Blocked at School
YouTube has been one of the most influential video-sharing platforms where everyone has gained access to every video’s content uploaded. YouTube has an age-restriction policy, wherein some content may not be appropriate for viewers under 18, yet kids can still find a loophole by registering themselves as over 18. Thus, they can access content that is not appropriate for their age. That’s why youtube parent’s company lets schools limit students’ access to selected content wherein Schools across the country commonly blocked youtube to protect students and drove them away from any distractions and malicious content. Lots of schools globally have implemented and informed students that YouTube was blocked and everything that they search on the internet would be closely monitored and anyone who attempts to bypass the restriction will be punished. This action done by the school administration is to ensure students’ safety. One reason why schools block YouTube is to make students focus when computer classes and use computers in school to learn. Students are most likely not using YouTube for educational purposes but use it for their benefit, it shows that youtube can be an irresistible distraction for students.
Here are some reasons why YouTube is Banned at School:
- Students Access Inappropriate Content – on YouTube there is plenty of inappropriate content that students can gain access to. This content that they might adopt and get distracted because of these. Nudity, Brutality, Language, Themes, Harassment, and things that may not be appropriate in school.
- Students Become Exposed to Online Predators – The online world is not safe, it is prone to hacking where students give their personal information in creating an account not knowing that there are online predators who can steal their information and use it for their benefit.
- Some Videos Not Reliable – Youtube is a well-known platform where anyone who has an account can upload videos and gain money from them. This means that there are videos that are unreliable in terms of content.
- Irresistible Distraction – YouTube is one of the greatest distractions for students, where instead of studying their lessons, students waste time watching videos on YouTube during their free time.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 188.8.131.52 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
How to Unblock Youtube at school using a VPN
One of the most effective tools to unblock YouTube is a Virtual Private Network or VPN. We highly recommend that you use Surfshark because it provides a lot of benefits to its users.
Here are the reasons why it is our VPN of choice:
- Bypass Restrictions
- It hides your IP Address and puts one of your chosen locations.
- It allows you to bypass censorship and restrictions at school to gain access to YouTube.
Here is the Guide on how you can Install Surfshark In Order to Unblock YouTube.
- Download the Surfshark on your device.
- Install and run the app, then enter your username and password to log in.
- Connect to a server of an appropriate location. For school, connect to the closest server to your current location to get the fastest speed. To bypass a country restriction by connecting to a country server where Youtube is not restricted.
- After it is confirmed, open your YouTube all and start watching without restrictions.
Why do I need a VPN to Unblock YouTube?
There are different ways how you can unblock YouTube content while you are at school, and each method has its benefits. However, VPN is all in one, you gain access to the restricted contents and at the same time ensure security and privacy. In Surfshark you will be able to bypass ISP restrictions that blocked YouTube. This will allow you to bypass government censorship and access Geo-restricted content that is not available in your area. Surfshark will ensure your digital privacy every time you are connected to public WiFi. This will protect you from online advertisers and hackers as it encrypts all your online information. Surfshark is a highly recommended VPN where it is committed to giving its users the services and experience that they deserve.
Note: For more information about Surfshark, please read our Surfshark Review.
Install Surfshark on Firestick
How to Install Surfshark VPN on Firestick
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
Follow our screenshots below to install the SurfShark VPN app on your Fire TV stick.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate towards the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
Learn more about Surfshark and Grab the Best Surfshark Deal Now!
Install Surfshark on Firestick
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
Click here to get the lowest price on Surfshark through our exclusive limited-time offer.
Dangers of YouTube in the Classroom
YouTube is one of the harmful platforms where everyone can gain access. 72% of teens now have smartphones which’s why they can watch YouTube videos anytime and anywhere.
Here are some of the Dangers:
- Harmful Content
- Quality or Accuracy Issues
- Privacy Concerns
- No Control over Link Permanence
Schools blocked YouTube to help them focus on their studies and not wasting time watching videos. They also prevent students from accessing inappropriate content that they might adapt while at school. Youtube can be beneficial to all of us through entertainment but the downside is it has a lot of mature inappropriate content.
We hope that this article answers all your questions on why YouTube is blocked at school and helps you how to Unblock it.