Overview About The Article
In this article, we will help you stop geo-blocking on your Firestick and other devices.
At some point, while streaming, you may encounter content or features not available in your area. Even websites and apps you use on Firestick and Desktop are blocked because of your location.
This is the problem that we are going to fix in this article. Users’ experience with geo-blocking can be solved in just one click. But first, let’s tackle what is geo-blocking.
What is Geo Blocking?
Geo-blocking, also known as geo-restriction happens when a certain content, application, website, software feature, etc. is only available in specific countries.
An example of this is when YouTube is not available in China. Or when shows on Netflix are only available in the USA or the UK.
Most people who travel often really find it hard to continue watching shows or using some software because of geo-blocking. Good thing because there are ways now to destroy geoblocks.
How to Stop Geo-Blocking
There’s no need for someone to travel in order to watch his or her favorite shows that are not available in his region. The best thing to stop geo-blocking is by changing your IP address.
Your IP address serves as your online fingerprint and tells any software or platform that you use through the internet your server location. Meaning, the country you are located in. This is the monitoring part as to whether you are allowed to use or stream specific apps or content on your devices.
There are a few different ways to change your IP address. Honestly, some of them are not really safe. Tor Browser for example. It allows you to use other people’s servers, and let others use yours as well. There is no problem with this unless someone who uses your IP address is doing illegal stuff and all those cybercrimes will be pinpointed to your IP.
In our nice opinion, it is still best to invest in this kind of activity. To ensure quality and safety on your end, you can assure that when you pay for IP-changing software, it is worth it.
The best thing to do to stop geo-blocking is by using a Virtual Private Network or VPN. By using a VPN, you can change your IP address and server location legally and access content that is originally not available in your country.
Best VPN to Stop Geo-Blocking
There are actually a ton of great VPNs in the market today. Surfshark is one of them. We tested this software and never are we not impressed with its performance. Changing your IP address is really one of the best characteristics of Surfshark.
Surfshark has numerous available servers located in more than 65 countries all over the world. When you use it, you can choose any available city and any best available server. Through this, you can really stop geo-blocking and access any content or use all features you like.
If you are using Amazon Firestick as we do, it will be easy for you to install this. It is an official Amazon app. Make sure that you have an account to use it on any device.
How to Install Surfshark VPN on Firestick
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
Follow our screenshots below to install the SurfShark VPN app on your Fire TV stick.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate towards the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
Learn more about Surfshark and Grab the Best Surfshark Deal Now!
Install Surfshark on Firestick
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
Click here to get the lowest price on Surfshark through our exclusive limited-time offer.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
- Allows you to choose any server from more than 70 countries all over the world
- Changing your IP address covers your online identity from any monitoring domain, even from your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Stops geo-blocking and lets you watch geo-restricted content
- Proven working with popular streaming platforms such as Netflix and Hulu
- Available in the Google Play Store, Amazon App Store, and Apple App Store.
- Applicable to all types of devices.
- Flexible VPN protocols depend on the need of your device type.
- It offers advanced features like split tunneling and a kill switch.
- Surfshark never logs any of your online activity when you are using the app.
- Make sure that all of your data are safe, secured, and encrypted.
- Allows the use of one account on multiple devices.
- Makes your Internet speed relatively faster.
- Considered to be one of the best VPNs for torrenting.
- Prevents Firestick Buffering and Kodi Buffering
Install Surfshark on Firestick
Other VPNs That Help Stop Geo-Blocking
Aside from Surfshark, there are a few more VPNs to consider. Here are they:
Why is it Better To Use a Premium VPN Than Free VPNs
The words free and VPN aren’t really friends. They’re not even close. Although there are some free VPNs still. Most of them are not really free. Those are just free trials with lesser features. You won’t really enjoy your Firestick experience with fewer VPN features.
There are a lot of scandals from before with a number of free VPNs. Instead of providing security and privacy, they sell users’ information to third-party advertisers to earn money and continue their service. This is really contradicting what a VPN should really do.
That is why it is still better to use a Premium VPN than a free one.
How to access geo-blocked sites?
Connect your VPN service to a server by which the website is not blocked and you can be able to access it completely.
How to get around geo-blocking?
To get around geo-blocking we recommend using a premium VPN like Surfshark.
What does geo-blocked mean?
When you cannot access content and your screen shows that it is geo-blocked, it means that it is not available at your current location or country. Most content, apps, websites, etc. are only available for access in specific countries.
How to Avoid Geo-blocking?
The best way to avoid geo-blocking is by using a VPN like Surfshark.
Geo-blocking is not a big problem nowadays. There is a good solution to it. You don’t have to travel to access content. Or if you are traveling and still want to stream content from your original city or country, you can do so with the help of a VPN.
We suggest using premium VPNs rather than free ones. The best VPN of choice to stop geo-blocking is Surfshark.
May you find this article helpful with your geo-blocking problems.
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not own or operate any app nor endorse any. The main purpose of this article is strictly for educational purposes only.