In this article, we will show you how you can install SportsNet on Firestick.
SportsNet is one of the longest-running Canadian sports channels. It is owned by Roger’s Sports and Media. This platform specializes in discretionary sports content. You can watch live channels, featured shows, and upcoming sports events. SportNet also offers news and game highlights about FIBA Women’s Americup, NFL, NHL, MLB, and NBA.
CTV SportsNet was the first name of the app when it was launched last 1998 as a joint venture between CTV, Liberty Media, and Rogers Media.
SportsNet is available on different devices like Android, and Firestick. You will find an apk file in this article which you can use to install the app on your Android phones and tablets. For Firestick users, you need to Jailbreak your Firestick first and use the Downloader app to install SportsNet.
Make sure to use a reliable VPN service when streaming on apps like SportsNet for security and better accessibility. Continue reading to know more.
SportsNet APK Download for Android Devices
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not host this APK file. It is hosted by Archive.org
How to Install Sportsnet Now on Firestick
1. From your home screen, go to Settings.
2. Scroll down and to the right until you get to My Fire TV. Click on it.
3. Select Developer options.
4. Turn on ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
5. Click Turn On when the pop-up appears.
6. Click Home, click FIND.
7. Click Search.
8. You can either say Downloader to your Alexa voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
9. Click on the Downloader Icon.
10. Click Download.
11. Click on Open.
12. Click on Allow.
13. Use the Downloader search tab.
14. Type https://reviewvpn.com/snet and click go.
15. Wait for the APK to be downloaded.
16. Click install
17. Click open.
18. SportsNet is already installed! Enjoy!
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 188.8.131.52 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
SportNet App Features
- Provides upcoming sports events
- Requires registration or subscription to watch live channels
- Shows Must-see Videos
- Offers live streaming of MLB, FIBA Women’s AmeriCup, NHL, NFL, and NBA
Pros and Cons
- Tons of sports channels
- Great quality content
- Need to register and subscribe before playing live games
Stream Safely With A VPN
When streaming on different 3rd party applications, you must always protect your privacy. There are many trackers on the internet today. They will try to profile you, locate you, and gather your algorithm. The best way to protect yourself is to stream anonymously. By hiding your IP address, all trackers won’t be able to gather your information. The best way to do this is by using a Virtual Private Network or VPN.
A VPN is a powerful tool that can provide protection while using the internet. It can mask your IP address, and provide a new one so that all trackers won’t identify and profile you. A VPN can make it seem like you are in a different country. It can also bypass geo-restrictions. You just have to choose the best VPN for your device.
Surfshark VPN is the best VPN for streaming. It can unblock all apps, even the most popular ones like Netflix, Hulu, YouTube TV, and more. It is amazing since not all VPNs have these great unblocking capabilities. Aside from this, Surfshark has the best security and military-grade VPN protocols that make sure your identity and privacy are safe from all trackers. If you want to know more, read our SurfShark VPN review.
Other SurfShark Features
- 3200 servers available in 100+ countries
- Best VPN for torrenting
- Destroys geo-restriction
- Dedicated IP
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Cloud Storage
- P2P friendly VPN
- SOCKS5 Proxy
- Allows Torrenting
- Kill Switch
- Split Tunneling
- DNS Leak Protection
- Prevents Firestick Buffering and Kodi Buffering
For more details about this VPN, read our SurfShark review.
Grab your subscription now!
How to Install Surfshark on Firestick with Screenshots
If your Firestick still has the older interface, read this article to learn how to update it: Update Firestick Interface.
You can download Surfshark directly from the Amazon App Store. It will be easy for you to find Surfshark with your Firestick’s Find feature. Refer to our screenshots below.
Follow our screenshots below to install the SurfShark VPN app on your Fire TV stick.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate toward the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You Own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
Click here for the lowest price on Surfshark through our exclusive limited-time offer.
Best SportsNet Alternatives
There are so many sports apps that you can use on your Firestick and Android devices aside from SportsNet. Here are the best options for you.
What is SportsNet?
SportsNet is one of the longest-running Canadian sports channels that streams live channels, featured shows, and upcoming sports events. SportNet also offers news and game highlights about FIBA Women’s Americup, NFL, NHL, MLB, and NBA.
Is SportsNet legal?
ReviewVPN.com cannot determine the legality of any app or website. This article is for educational purposes only. To make sure that you are safe from any legal matters regarding the apps and websites you are using, use a VPN service like Surfshark.
Is SportsNet safe?
To ensure your safety and security when using SportsNet use a reliable VPN service like Surfshark VPN.
Is SportsNet Free?
You can install SportsNet for free but you need to register for a subscription before playing shows, and sports events.
SportsNet is really amazing with its sports channels, and content. The only problem is that you need to sign in first or subscribe in order to play the upcoming events, live channels, and more.
It is best to use a reliable VPN service like Surfshark when streaming on different apps like SportsNet.