This article will serve as your friendly guide in installing Sling TV on your Firestick and everything you need to know about this app.
Viewers can’t simply get enough of watching cable Live TV shows. Cord-cutters see several options from left to right to replace their cables. Using the internet, apps enable users to access not just limited channels but really a wide range of show selections across multiple devices. Sling TV is one of the competing Live TV streaming apps downloadable in the market today. NBC, Fox local channels, AMC, Bet, CNN, Bravo, Fox News, National Geographic, Nick Jr., TNT, USA, and TBS are just some of its channels that you can access for a much cheaper price subscription. Before you can install Sling TV, you need to jailbreak and install the “Downloader” app on your Firestick. Then, you can follow these easy steps to start with the installation.
How to Install Sling TV on Firestick
- On your Firestick home screen, go to Settings.
- Choose My Fire TV.
- Navigate to Developer Options.
- Turn ON the ADB debugging and the Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Head back to Home, then click on Search.
- Type in “Downloader” then click the word from the suggested list.
- Select the Downloader icon.
- Click the Get or Download button.
- Wait for the app to install.
- Tap the Open button.
- Choose Allow.
- Click OK.
- Hover to the search engine.
- Type in https://reviewvpn.com/sli on the search engine.
- Click on Go.
- Wait for the APK to download.
- Click Install.
- Wait for the app to install.
- Select Open to launch the app.
Sling TV App Features
- Dark color scheme
- Displays featured cable networks
- 10-second rewind button
- The 30-second fast forward button
- English (default)
- World Sports
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
Pros and Cons
- Offers 3-day free trial
- Good channel selection
- Flexible subscription plans
- Available free movie rentals
- Reliable streaming performance
- Offers 50 hours of DVR storage and can be upgraded into 200 hours
- Streams videos at 720p
- Comes with multiple language options
- Requires subscription to access the content after the 3-day trial
- Available only in the US – meaning it is a geo-restricted app
- Limited local channels and regional sports shows
- Does not support 4K Ultra HD video
Stream Safely and Smoothly on Sling TV App with IPVanish
As mentioned in the features section, Sling TV has geo-restrictions, meaning the service is unavailable to its viewers outside the US and other authorized countries. This restriction will be unblocked by a VPN, but using it is not only limited to performing this function. We highly recommend using IPVanish, a VPN service especially in streaming apps such as Sling TV. Through using a VPN, you can take advantage of the following benefits in using your apps:
Access to Apps and Websites with Geo-Restriction
Installing IPVanish will enable you to watch your favorite series or access some blocked websites with country/regional restrictions.
Secures Your Internet Connection
When connecting to free public WiFi, the risk of your personal information being leaked is high. Using IPVanish’s advanced encryption system will prevent any middleman from hacking your information.
Protects Your Online Privacy
Installing IPVanish on your Firestick will remove all your digital fingerprints. It boosts up your online anonymity while streaming on Firestick, Morpheus, Popcorn Time, Kodi, ShowBox, Terrarium, and other streaming apps. When using a VPN, your real IP address is masked by an IP address that is used and shared by other users.
Prevents Data Stealing
You might not know that your personal information can be collected, stolen, and sold to advertising companies. Your data is scanned upon crossing its network. ISPs use deep packet inspection to monitor your internet usage and throttle your internet speed. This then slows down your connection and makes it difficult to play online games or stream your favorite media. With IPVanish, your traffic is encrypted and at the same time, you will be able to enjoy a smooth and lag-free streaming experience on your Firestick.
Get Censorship Filters
With IPVanish, you have the power to explore the web without being censored online. This is usually taken advantage of by government agencies, employers, and universities from across the world. However, not all free VPN services are safe, so better be careful in using the right one. To get all this protection, security, and smooth streaming experience, learn more in IPVanish.
How to Install IPVanish on Firestick
- On the Firestick home screen, click the “Search” button on the top left corner.
- Type in “IPVanish”.
- Select “IPVanish” from the suggested list below.
- Choose “Download”.
- Wait for the download to finish.
- Once the download is complete, click on the “Install” button.
- Select “Open” once installed.
- Type in your username and password.
- Choose “Connect” to start.
Step by Step Instruction to Install IPVanish on a Firestick
1. Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your left. It will be the search icon.
2. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
3. Click on the IPVanish icon.
4. Click on Download
5. Wait to download.
6. Wait to install.
7. Click on Open.
8. Input your username and password to log in.
9. Click Connect.
Sling TV Alternative Apps
Trouble-free streaming will not always be the case for all users across different devices. As to many cord-cutters, switching to the best live TV app subscription is one thing to ponder. In this article, we have brought you alternative apps for Sling TV to install on your Firestick:
You can browse more similar apps from our Best Live TV Apps review.
Sling TV has been available on the Amazon App Store since June 2017.
Is Sling TV free?
No, you have to pay for a subscription to access Sling TV content after the 3-day free trial.
Is Sling TV app legal?
Yes, it is 100% legal.
Are there ads?
Yes, there are ads when you stream on Sling TV.
Where can I watch Sling TV?
Sling TV is available on Amazon Fire TV/Firestick, Apple TV, Roku, Xbox One, Chromecast, and Windows.
Is there a Sling TV website?
Yes, you can browse through their website at https://www.sling.com/.
Is there a Sling TV contact number and customer service?
Yes, you may reach them for any concern and assistance:
Sling TV is one reliable live TV streaming app. It keeps a competitive service with a fair and cheaper price compared to other similar apps. However, it offers a fewer selection of channels. The app is also restricted to other countries except for the US. We always recommend using a VPN to enjoy Sling TV on your favorite devices. Overall, it is a decent app with a reasonable price.
We hope that we have helped you install Sling TV on your Firestick and know a lot more about it. Tell us what you think of how we can improve our service. Just comment on your feedback below.
Note: ReviewVPN.com is not affiliated with any App or IPTV Service nor are we endorsing or promoting any. The sole purpose of this article is for educational purposes only.