Sideload Launcher Overview
In this article, I’ll be showing you how to install and use the Sideload Launcher on Firestick.
Sideload Launcher is one of the launchers available for Firestick that places all your downloaded apps on your Home Screen. It was created by the Android developer Chainfire which is also known for many easy root apps and Superuser apps on Android.
Installation Guide on Firestick
First, if your Firestick is not yet jailbroken, you will need to follow the simple steps below to jailbreak your Firestick in order to install Sideload Launcher on your device:
1. Turn on your Firestick and go to Settings.
3. Select MyFireTV.
4. Then click on Develop Options.
5. Turn on ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
6. Click Turn On when the pop-up appears.
That’s it, your Firestick is now jailbroken.
Now for the main download, you will need to install the Downloader App first. The guide below will teach you how to install the Downloader App and Sideload Launcher on your Firestick:
1. Use the Search function of your Firestick.
2. You can either use the Alexa voice command of your Firestick or you can type “Downloader” on the search function then it will automatically appear. Scroll down to the Downloader App and click on it.
3. When the Downloader App icon appears, select it.
4. Then you will be brought to an option where you have to click on “Download”. Click “Download”
5. Wait for the download to finish. After the download finishes, click on “Open”.
6. This prompt will appear. You need to choose “Allow”.
7. You will be asked to enter a download link. Type in “https://reviewvpn.com/side” and select “Go”.
8. Let the apk be downloaded
9. Choose Install
10. Click on Done
11. Select Delete
12. Then select Delete one more time
13. Go back to the Home screen and navigate to Settings
14. Select Applications
15. Choose Manage Installed Applications
16. Look for the Sideload Launcher app and click it
17. Click Launch Application
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 184.108.40.206 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
- Your activities are hidden from your ISP, the government, and from the apps you are using.
- You can access additional movies and TV streams.
- ISP attempts to throttle are thrwarted thus reducing buffering issues.
- Geographically restricted content like Netflix and Hulu can be unblocked.
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
Sideload Launcher Features
- All installed apps are on the Home screen
- Apps are arranged in alphabetical order
- Loading of apps is fast
- User-friendly UI
- App names are in huge letters on the bottom of the screen
Pros and Cons
- It’s easy to navigate since all apps are already on the Home Screen
- It is ad-free
- The app is fast
- It is user friendly
- You can’t go directly to the launcher once installed. You have to go to your Firestick Settings to launch the app.
- There’s no search bar
- You can’t arrange the apps depending on your preference
- There’s no customization available
Is There a Need for a VPN?
You will not need a VPN when installing Sideload Launcher but after the installation is when you’ll need one.
All the apps installed on your Firestick are generally public apps with public content.
So if you’re not aware, your online activity is being publicly viewed by third-party sources that can actually gather all the information stored on your device.
Aside from your ISP being able to track your online activity, there might be hackers or phishers lurking on the app or site.
So to avoid these threats, you will be needing a VPN like IPVanish for more secure internet activity.
It basically conceals your IP address and gives you an anonymous one so your internet activity will be not be logged by your ISP and your device’s actual IP address will not be shown.
To learn more about the benefits of IPVanish, you can read this article:
How to Install IPVanish on a Firestick
- Once you open your Firestick, click once to the left to gain access to the search button.
- Type in IPVANISH
- Select IPVANISH
- Choose Download
- Wait for a couple of seconds for the download to finish.
- After the download finished, click on Install
- Once it finishes installing, select Open
- Type in your username and password
- Choose Connect.
- There you go, you can now stream or download content.
Install IPVanish on Firestick with Screenshots
1. Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your left. It will be the search icon.
2. You can either say IPVanish to your Alexa’s voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
3. Click on the IPVanish icon.
4. Click on Download
5. Wait to download.
6. Wait to install.
7. Click on Open.
8. Input your username and password to log in.
9. Click Connect.
Grab your subscription now!
Is it legal?
Yes. It is legal to download and install Sideload Launcher on Firestick.
Is it safe?
Yes. It is safe to download and install Sideload Launcher on Firestick.
Sideload Launcher is a recommendable app in the sense that it is user-friendly.
The app is easy to navigate and you’ll be able to see all your apps in a matter of seconds.
But if you’re one of those who like to customize stuff then there are better launchers like Wolf Launcher which you can actually tweak depending on your preference.
Actions on Sideload launcher are limited and what you see is actually what you get.
What you see once you launch the app is basically what the app just offers.
It’s plain and simple but of course, I believe there are people who would prefer that kind of basic interface.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article on Sideload Launcher on Firestick.
We hope we were able to help you install Sideload Launcher on Firestick or give you an overview of how Sideload Launcher works.
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not own or operate any app nor does it endorse any. The main purpose of this article is strictly for educational purposes only.